Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome ruk1. I've have not tried the OxyFaceMask but will down the road. The mask that appeals to me the most is the Essential Mask, it is virtually the same as the Oxy Mask except it has a liberal dose of essential oils in it, and this sounds lovely for my dry skin. If you can, try to get samples of the Oxy and Essential Mask to compare the two. Both have rave reviews!

In terms of saving a few dollars, you can take a look atwww.skinterra.com. They do not carry all of the KH line, and they do not have the Vita-A-Apricot, sadly, but they do have several of the staple products (the Kombi's, etc). For the month of May, they are offering a special where they'll give you $20.00 off any order of $125.00 or more, as well as free shipping if you live in the States. You can also place one order for say $125.00 and then place another separate order for $125.00 again (for a savings of $40.00 plus free shipping). Just remember, you must place the orders separately.

I've never seen ANY *deals* on Ebay for KH products, and other than the odd deal elsewhere, find EDS is the best place to buy KH (due to our member discounts, and great service, and free samples & gifts! Smile ).

HTH's

**ETA** Yes, I have tried the Oxygen Eye Cream and I love it - very silky and hydrating. Not so great for firming though (but I may need to use it longer for those results, still too early to say conclusively, I think).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Scotslass. Where are the samples available from? I don't mind paying for samples - I'd much rather experiment with them and then purchase full size when I have a better idea of what would work best for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Scotlass I am one step ahead of you. I have checked out the Intraceuticals line at another spa by my house. I haven't gone in to have one done but really like the facial part of it. The products did not seem like they were anything special and I noticed that they had a lot of parabens in them which I try to stay away from.

When I have some time I might try one of their facials.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Blues and Scotslass thankyou for your input to me on this.

You are quite right, that here in London I can pretty easily find a salon and go in and have a chat and ask for some samples. I want to stick with an acid free approach, which I think you are doing, Blues, too.

Let's hope they are even a wee bit as helpful and knowledgeable as you ladies here.

Will report back when I find anything out, in the meantime I'll keep on trucking with the NIA24, which I have only been using for about four weeks or so, so far.

Congrats to everybody, on your great results. Very Happy
suzannek
5% products discount

Fri May 16, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I know some of you ladies are combining KH and the 302 line. For those of you who do, has anyone tried the eye creams in the respective lines, and if so, which do you prefer?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Dancing My order was finally shipped last night Dancing . Now, the notice said it'll take 5-9 days hmm for it to arrive Sad . I guess, I better be patient, but I too want the Uma Wink and being patient really isn't my strongest suit Silenced .

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Suzanne, I have used both of the eye creams and like them . Neither of them irritate my eyes and I can feel the firming of the 302. I use the KH on my lids which helps. To say I like one better is hard.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I'm ducking in to see what's happening here. I've had the eye cream all of two days and don't have a opinion yet.

Also I saw the beautybrains thing that someone sent me via email. Remember, these are the brains that insisted many, many times that JMAI and Revitalash didn't work. Embarassed Someone had serious egg on their face. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
hey all, I received an email from the Krin herzog folks. Did you know that you can get a personilzed recommendation frmo the website- they say it can take 28 days, but I had mine in less than a week. Anyhoo, I am copying part that might be of interest to most, some of it has already been covered here, but good to see again...

WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO DO A HOME CARE ROUTINE?

The most important time of the day to do a complete skincare regime, is night time. This is because 3 hours after you lie down and go to sleep, the skin starts it’s process of repair, regeneration and preparation. To ensure the skin can carry out this function fully, it needs raw materials and energy, once these are delivered, the process gets underway. As we age, the energy represented by the Oxygen in the tissues, and the raw vitamins and fluids are not available in sufficient quantities to keep this night-time activity at it’s best for optimum results. This leads to poor skin quality, ageing and even adverse skin conditions. The Karin Herzog range addresses these deficiencies, effectively and easily. Needing no mechanical intervention, just simple basic techniques. Following the correct regime and procedures, WILL get you very real and visible results. To maintain these results, and help slow down this natural degeneration in the skin, it is important that you follow the guide lines below, but always following the rules of application for these wonderful products, and making sure you never skip an application of your recommended Vita-A-Kombi or Oxygen Face Cream. The energy delivered direct to the skin from every single application of these Oxygen rich formulas, provides the skin with sufficient energy to last 8 hours. That is why we recommended that these products be applied Morning and Night.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

DO NOT BE A SLAVE TO YOUR SKINCARE REGIME!!!…Whilst it is true that you should adhere to the following system, we would never want to make your regime, a trial or a chore. You should enjoy the experience of cleansing, toning and treating the skin. The good thing about doing most of the routine at night, is that you have more time than in the morning. This does not mean shutting yourself away from the family for hours whilst you laboriously go through the motions in isolation. Instead, take the bathroom into the living room. Apply the cleanser whilst watching Television, simply apply and spread, and then take the time to practice the lymph drainage massage. Here is a diagram to help you understand Lymph drainage points and massage techniques, before you begin.

In the diagram above, the dots, represent the lymph drainage nodes, and the arrows show the general direction for sweeping massage movements on the face.

Lymph nodes are the special filters that toxins and waste pass through to be filtered and removed from the body. If you have a slow or sluggish circulation, you may find that these nodes, and your lymph system are not working to full potential. You should sweep the hands towards these nodes. When you get to the area indicated by the dots: Apply slight pressure with the finger ( I use the middle finger it is stronger ), and leave this pressure on the node for about 5 seconds. If at first this feels a little tender, it can be because you have some blockages in the system, that massage will clear. The more you practise this routine, the less tender it should become.

Massage on a regular basis, can show wonderful dividends: It helps to unblock and trapped toxins in the lymph system, helps speed up the evacuation of toxins, and brings fresh blood and nutrients to feed the skin from within. In addition, if practised regularly, it can help with facial muscle tone, which is good to give a firm glowing complexion. When you combine massage with Herzog’s wonderful products, the results are even more significant. If you a really serious about your skin: Don’t neglect the massage element. Even if it is only short, you will still benefit.

After Massage, Remove the cleanser with a clean face towel, warmed quickly in the microwave. (Do not apply the towel too hot, throw it from hand to hand until it cools to the temperature that you can tolerate on the face. Never use a very hot towel if you suffer from broken capillaries, instead leave until just warm.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart (BTW, love your userid!),

Can you give a link to the site you posted info from? Where can I get personalized recommendations?

Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote
sure lunarmm- the webpage is:

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/web/knowledge/skinclinic.htm

The info I copied is from the email I recieved with my recommendations.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Scottslass, for the discount info. I'll be checking it out.

Like Lunarmm's question and my question previously, if anyone knows how we can obtain samples of KH products to try so we don't have to buy full size and waste it if our skin doesn't love it, we would really appreciate the info on this.

TIA
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
about samples- I did not have any luck with this- here is what I suggest, place an order for something like the mask or perhaps cleanser and then request the specific samples you would like to try. I do not live anywhere near a spa that would carry the line so that is what I ended up doing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I tried VK2 instead of eye cream on my upper lids, and it was fine, for lower lids it is too strong though.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Bounding back in to say that I experimented with the Vitamin H and I MUCH prefer it under the VK's than over.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone explain the Vit. H product a bit to me? Does anyone know the ingredients? Also where does this product fit in with the rest of the line? (what is it's recommended usage - for who, for what?)

Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate all the input! Very Happy

-- Thanks to tuningmyheart for the link for personal recommendations!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Thanks for the info, Scotslass. Where are the samples available from? I don't mind paying for samples - I'd much rather experiment with them and then purchase full size when I have a better idea of what would work best for me.

Luna - I contacted a Distributor in Canada who introduced me to my new esthetician who gave me samples. I made it clear to the Distributor right up front that I would NEED samples before I could commit to anything full size, so she made sure that this was known.

If I were you I would contact Karin Herzog USA by either email or phone. They are located in Sonoma, California so there is a time difference for you should you call.

Phone numbers are: 1-800-261-7261 or 1-707-586-7991. Leave a message if you don't get through to someone live.

Email is: karinherzogusa@aol.com.

If you opt to email, be specific and ask them for samples. Also ask if they can refer you to a salon or spa in your area with an experienced esthetician who has used KH for several years. I really liked meeting someone face-to-face for a consultation while I was receiving my samples.

HTH's....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Bounding back in to say that I experimented with the Vitamin H and I MUCH prefer it under the VK's than over.

Oooh, do tell, what is the greatest difference? I have yet to try it under the VK but will at some point.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm, here is the scoop on Vitamin H cream from the product info sheet...

Vitamin H Cream
The ideal companion to the ever popular ‘Vita-A-Kombi’, this cream
provides additional much needed essential ingredients that the skin
recognises and quickly utilises. The result? Soft, fresh skin with fine
lines visibly reduced and a luminous glow and clarity to the complexion
overall. Beneficial for all skin types, but especially those over the age of
30 and those with devitalised, under nourished skin.

INGREDIENTS: Beta-carotene (a natural source of vitamin A without the allergic tendencies), Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 (essential
energy vitamins to accelerate cellular renewal), Soya Protein (a natural protection and fortifying ingredient to comfort and nurture
the skin), Essential Rosewood (to delicately soften, calm and hydrate, with proven anti-ageing lifting properties), and a rare and
natural VITAMIN H (recognised by doctors as a vital element, so essential to the skin and contributes towards a better natural
defence against potential cosmetic problems in the skin).

Use one of three ways. 1. As a day or night cream to enhance skin's elasticity and tone. Apply alone. 2. As a nourishing cream, under one of the VK creams. 3. For protection and comfort, use after VK to protect skin against variations in temperature which gives dry skin greter comfort. Use in morning or evening, not both.

The sheet I received from JoElla states that it firms skin, nourishes it with renewed elasticity, permeability and softness. This is something my "skin clinic" report recommends for part of my routine- I wil continue as is for now since i am jsut getting started and will add it down the line some time. I know there are several here who are using it and have reported some on it...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Can someone explain the Vit. H product a bit to me? Does anyone know the ingredients? Also where does this product fit in with the rest of the line? (what is it's recommended usage - for who, for what?)

Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate all the input! Very Happy

-- Thanks to tuningmyheart for the link for personal recommendations!

Luna - Check out the Karin Herzog UK site - they have some great info there and lots of PDF files with additional details about the products.

Here is one about Vita-A-Kombi 1% - once you read it you'll see that the product isn't something that can be decribed in a few lines! Wink
www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/pdf/A5-Vita-A-Kombi-Creams.pdf

Here is some additional quick info fromwww.dermstore.com

Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi 1: A soft cream formula designed to heal and revive the skin.

Description: Vita-A-Kombi 1 is formulated with 1% oxygen and is designed to heal and prevent skin concerns, such as blemishes, spots, sun damage and hyperpigmentation. Its rejuvenating formula speeds the recovery process and promotes faster cell turnover for an even, youthful tone. Toxins are eliminated, hyperpigmentation is diminished and the skin takes on a healthy, radiant glow. Vita-A-Kombi 1 is perfect for first time Vita-A-Kombi users as well as normal and sensitive skin. Top with Day Protection or Additional Day for skin that requires extra moisture.

Recommended Use: Apply morning and/or evening without massaging in before applying any other products or makeup.

Ingredients: Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Hydrogen Peroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinol, Parfum/Fragrance.

Treats These Conditions: Age Spots, Melasma, Acne

Active Ingredients: Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin E

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks tuningintomyheart! for the Vit. H info!

Also, thanks Scotslass Thanks for the links to the UK site - I just was looking at the EDS product descriptions.

And, I would love to find someone locally who carries KH (I fear if so, it will be in suburbs though). And, I do need a local aesthetician.

In the past, I have gone to an aesthetician I found while visiting a friend in the Northern NJ suburbs -- she's good and her prices are much less here in Center City Philly.

BTW, the second time I went (I've only ever had 2 professional facials), I splurged and had the O2 Intraceuticals Treatment that Madonna gets daily on tour. It was very nice. My face was visibly tightened and plumped for more than a week.

I actually think Madonna gets the O2 daily all the time (not just while touring) and owns at least one machine. At a training, the aesthetician who did mine met the aesthetician who travels with Madonna on tour! Unfortunately, I'm not in the same salary bracket as Madonna..... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Luna! Smile There is a fair amount to read when you're first learning about the KH line, but you quickly find yourself going 'aha' in no time. For a wholistic skin care line, and one with little preservatives, I must say I am really impressed that the products are so effective. The only product that I may introduce from another line is the 302 Eye Firming Serum, as I've heard good things about it and really need something powerful to address my hooded eyelids.

I am in so much trouble now that I've discovered where I can go locally to explore all of the Karin Herzog facials, but financially this just isn't realistic right now (I'm too busy budgeting for the darn products let alone the facials!). I hope you find a KH specialist in city near you - it really does help to have someone look at your skin and make product suggestions before you decide to buy anything.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the O2 Intraceuticals Facial! This is exactly the facial I've been looking for, as it sound ideal for special events (weddings, holidays, job interviews, and so on). I am so glad that it actually delivers on the promise of plumping and firming for a good period of time, too. At least the cost can be somewhat justified knowing the results last a while. I read that Madonna has O2 machines installed in all of her homes as well as one that she brings on the road with her (along with her beauty brigade!). The woman is into O2 in a big way! Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Hey Scotlass I am one step ahead of you. I have checked out the Intraceuticals line at another spa by my house. I haven't gone in to have one done but really like the facial part of it. The products did not seem like they were anything special and I noticed that they had a lot of parabens in them which I try to stay away from.

When I have some time I might try one of their facials.

Oh I suspected as much Cookie! Wink That's why I asked you if you knew or had tried anything from the Intraceuticals line! I also agree that the at-home products are something that I might want to pass on. I've visited their website a number of times now and some of the range does look interesting, however, I think I'll save up for the O2 facial instead!

Luna has also just pushed me over the edge with her O2 Intraceuticals Facial experience so I HAVE to try one at some point this summer! Can't wait to hear what you think of it should you have one yourself! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, Scotslass. With the O2 Intraceuticals Facial, 1 week+ is a conservative estimate as I would say the firming and plumping lasted for a few weeks - almost a month. It's definitely worth the $$ if you have a special event. My friend's mouth dropped open when I came out of the treatment room (my friend was in the waiting room) - she said the difference was very visible!

Now, we all know why Madonna has the O2 machines in her multiple homes!!! Bad Grin

I didn't buy any of the take-home Intraceutical products. Another thing I like about this particular aesthetician is she doesn't push products!

She keeps notes and also remembered me from last time because of our conversation. It was more than 1 year apart from the last facial (that time I had microdermabrasion) with her. After making changes in my skin care focusing on her recommendations to back off acids and drying masks and instead focus on moisturizing (my skin is dry) - I also added the Clarisonic - she said my skin was much improved. Especially my nose pores (which tend to clog)! She hardly had to do any extractions this time around versus last time. I'm giving a lot of credit to the Clarisonic and Leaf & Rusher products for the positive change.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Oh yeah, Scotslass. With the O2 Intraceuticals Facial, 1 week+ is a conservative estimate as I would say the firming and plumping lasted for a few weeks - almost a month. It's definitely worth the $$ if you have a special event. My friend's mouth dropped open when I came out of the treatment room (my friend was in the waiting room) - she said the difference was very visible!

Now, we all know why Madonna has the O2 machines in her multiple homes!!! Bad Grin

Woman, you are KILLING me!!! There are only two places that I know of near me that offer this facial - the less expensive one charges $175.00. Is this close to what you paid for yours?

I am so torn because the KH facials that appeal to me the most start at $125.00....decisions, decisions!!!

ETA: Oh, and if I can manage it one day, I would LOVE to have an O2 machine in my home too!!! The thought of waking up and reaching over and snorting some pure O2, then applying some KH has me dizzy just thinking about it! LOL!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |