Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Blues and Scotslass thankyou for your input to me on this.

You are quite right, that here in London I can pretty easily find a salon and go in and have a chat and ask for some samples. I want to stick with an acid free approach, which I think you are doing, Blues, too.

Let's hope they are even a wee bit as helpful and knowledgeable as you ladies here.

Will report back when I find anything out, in the meantime I'll keep on trucking with the NIA24, which I have only been using for about four weeks or so, so far.

Congrats to everybody, on your great results. Very Happy

You're welcome, Cat! Looking forward to hearing from you if you manage to pop into a salon for a quick KH consult.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I forget what the prices are around Philly - I know that are much higher when I looked into them. That's why I've taken advantage of seeing this aesthetician when I visit my friend in Northern NJ. She is good and her prices were much more reasonable than my local ones. She also doesn't push products.

She charged $135 for microdermabrasion (includes a spa facial - with foot and hand treatment as well). The O2 treatment was $200 (included a spa facial as well). She offers package deals as well and I would definitely do them with her if I was local!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the info! It's too bad that this aesthetician isn't located closer to you, she sounds wonderful!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I called KHusa yesterday to ask about who does facials in the Chicago area. They are in Kansas City,KS, hence the central time. I was rather confused and even more so when they recommended I email the khusa site to ask about someone in Chicago. I was disappointed in the reply that I check arriva.com to find someone. Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I called KHusa yesterday to ask about who does facials in the Chicago area. They are in Kansas City,KS, hence the central time. I was rather confused and even more so when they recommended I email the khusa site to ask about someone in Chicago. I was disappointed in the reply that I check arriva.com to find someone. Rolling Eyes

Is KHusa located in Kansas City? I'm in the Kansas City area.
I started following this thread a long time ago and jumped on the KH bandwagon. JoElla put together a regime for my skin type and I've been using it about 3 1/2 weeks now. LOVE IT!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
janjan wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Is KHusa located in Kansas City? I'm in the Kansas City area.
I started following this thread a long time ago and jumped on the KH bandwagon. JoElla put together a regime for my skin type and I've been using it about 3 1/2 weeks now. LOVE IT!

Hi janjan! I'm so glad you posted. I programmed the number from the KHUSA website into my cell phone and then called them while I was driving yesterday. She told me specifically that they are the US distributor for KH and they are in Kansas City. I get the impression it's just offices and nothing more. I'll be interested to hear what you learn. So tell us Jan, what are you using?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Blues Heart. I'm going to look up the number and give them a call Monday.

I'm using the Cleansing Cream (pm) and VK2 (am/pm) faithfully. I use the scrub and AHA alternately throughout the week. I'm also using the eye cream and the essential mask.
I wasn't really sold on the eye cream at first. I noticed a slight improvement in my crows feet, but nothing much. I stuck with it and I'm really starting to see an improvement. Actually, it's more of an improvement than I've seen using ReVive, Valmont or Cellcosmet eye creams.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
janjan wrote:
Thanks for the info Blues Heart. I'm going to look up the number and give them a call Monday.

I'm using the Cleansing Cream (pm) and VK2 (am/pm) faithfully. I use the scrub and AHA alternately throughout the week. I'm also using the eye cream and the essential mask.
I wasn't really sold on the eye cream at first. I noticed a slight improvement in my crows feet, but nothing much. I stuck with it and I'm really starting to see an improvement. Actually, it's more of an improvement than I've seen using ReVive, Valmont or Cellcosmet eye creams.

Wow,Jan. That's great to know about the eye cream , amazingly expensive products to compare to. I'm new to the eye and am more interested for circles than anything else.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Wow,Jan. That's great to know about the eye cream , amazingly expensive products to compare to. I'm new to the eye and am more interested for circles than anything else.

Luckily, I don't have circles to deal with.
I've spent a fortune on eye creams! I'll admit, I'm a major lemming LOL. Though I feel all of the eye products I've tried are excellent products, they don't all work the same for everyone. I hope to have continued success with KH.

Thanks to everyone in the thread for all the great info on this product line, how to use it and your experiences! You've all certainly helped me.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
SL,
Which KH facial are you wanting to try that begins at 125.00? For those of you in So Cal, JoE told Yogi she does KH facials and I thought the price was quite good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Has any one used the KH 2% product on the eye area or would it be too harsh? I guess the real question is do I have to get a separate KH eye cream?

I have other emollients I can use if the regulara cream is not moisturizing enough for my eye area....

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Has any one used the KH 2% product on the eye area or would it be too harsh? I guess the real question is do I have to get a separate KH eye cream?

I have other emollients I can use if the regulara cream is not moisturizing enough for my eye area....

I'm interested to see the responses to your question. I've been tempted to try it, but am a chicken. I have used the mask very close to my eyes and it works wonders.
If you have an eye cream that you're happy with, I wouldn't think you would need to change it.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
janjan wrote:
lunarmm wrote:

I'm interested to see the responses to your question. I've been tempted to try it, but am a chicken. I have used the mask very close to my eyes and it works wonders.
If you have an eye cream that you're happy with, I wouldn't think you would need to change it.

Agreed. I had an eye cream I loved but it contained ingredients I wanted to get away from. I'm hoping the KH eye product will exceed my expectations like all the other products.

Luna, mpstat said today in one of the abovbe posts that she used the vk 2 on her upper lid which worked fine but not on the lower lid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
That is right, I tried VK2 on my lids. No problems with upper lids, but try to apply a small amout first, just to test it. If one tries to use VK2 on lower lids try to apply some sort of moisturizer first, and then VK2. Lower lids skin is thinner compared to upper lids, it was a little drying for me. At night VK2 can be applied to the lids on top of oil, such as rosehip/camellia/castor.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent info, mpstat.

I want the positives of the O2 but didn't want to have to buy a separate eye cream. I'll experiment with the Karin Herzog Vit-A-Apricot Cream which has 2% O2 with the addition of apricot oil so it might be moisturizing enough!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
IN case anyone is interested here is the recommended routine I received from the KH folks in the UK. I found some of the notes and side comments helpful and interesting....

EVENING ROUTINE: ( It is always advisable to do the evening routine at least 1 hour before retiring to bed.)

1) Professional Cleansing Cream: Massage thoroughly and remove with hot towel
2) Tonic Lotion: Decant into spray bottle and spritz all over face, or apply with cotton wool.
Blot Face dry with tissue
3) Fruit Acid Cream:( 3 times per week). Massage into the skin thoroughly. Oxygen FREE item.
4) Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil: 2 drops is usually enough to cover the face…remember the neck!!! DO NOT REMOVE
5) Vita-A-Kombi 2: take out a pea size amount of cream, with the spatula provided. Dab the cream from the spatula in dots on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Remove excess cream off spatula with ring finger, and then join the dots up, spreading the cream all over the face. DO NOT RUB IN. apply small amount of cream to neck, and spread in the same way.
6) Eye Cream: Take out a small amount of cream ( about the size of a grain of rice ) for each eye. Spread the eye cream ALL OVER THE EYE AREA…INCLUDING THE EYE LID. As with Vita-A-Kombi, Leave to penetrate.

TISSUE ANY REMAINING CREAM OFF THE EYE BROWS--OXYGENATION OVER A PROLONGED PERIOD HAS THE POWER TO LIGHTEN HUMAN HAIR IF LEFT ON THE BROWS INDEFINATELY. TISSUING OFF CREAM FROM THE BROWS PREVENTS THIS GRADULAL LIGHTENING….THE BIG BONUS IS< HOWEVER< THAT THESE PRODUCTS NATURALLY-SAFELY, AND WITHOUT THE RISK OF IRRITATION, LIGHTEN FINE DOWNEY FACIAL HAIR ,OFTEN FOUND AROUND THE MOUTH AREA.

7) Additional Night Cream: Massage a small amount of cream into the skin, until disappeared.

MORNING ROUTINE ( Very quick, very simple! )

1) Splash the face with hot & Cold Water. No need to use Cleanser
2) Spritz or wipe the face over with Tonic Lotion. Blot dry with towel or tissue
3) Apply a small amount of Vitamin H cream, and massage totally into the skin.
4) Apply a tiny amount of Vita-A-Kombi Facial oil, and massage into skin. Do Not Remove.
5) Vita-A-Kombi 2: take out a pea size amount of cream, with the spatula provided. Dab the
cream from the spatula in dots on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Remove excess cream
off spatula with ring finger, and then join the dots up, spreading the cream all over the
face. DO NOT RUB IN. apply small amount of cream to neck, and spread in the same way.
6) Eye Cream: Take out a small amount of cream ( about the size of a grain of rice ) for each
eye. Spread the eye cream ALL OVER THE EYE AREA…INCLUDING THE EYE LID.
As with Vita-A-Kombi, Leave to penetrate.
7) Total Day Protection. Massage into the tissues to provide a dry matte protective layer. Perfect for good make-up application.

NOTE: If you want to achieve a healthy glow to the skin and your make-up look for the day, apply a tiny amount of facial oil underneath the Vita-A-Kombi, as you do at night. This will give the skin that dewy look that is very popular, and will also benefit the skin.

SPECIAL INTENSIVE CARE WEEKLY ADDITIONS:

Mask: Used once per week instead of Vita-A-Kombi at night, this is a real age management product and provides deep nourishment and comfort. This product can also be used as a complexion radiance booster if you are going out somewhere special, to give an instant radiance, and a firming / tightening action.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:

5) Vita-A-Kombi 2: take out a pea size amount of cream, with the spatula provided. Dab the cream from the spatula in dots on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Remove excess cream off spatula with ring finger, and then join the dots up, spreading the cream all over the face.

6) Eye Cream: Take out a small amount of cream ( about the size of a grain of rice ) for each eye.

I have never been able to use a "pea size amount" of anything in my life, much less a grain of rice! Embarassed Is that REALLY all everyone uses?

And if I recall correctly, I need to pick up a synthetic brush before my products get here, yes?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Quick question (as my KH goodies are on their way to me Dancing ):
* I am a Retin-A user (have been for the last 3 years). Do I have to stop using Retin-A few days before I start with KH?? I always take a break from Retin-A in the summer (I am completely freaked-out by the photo-sensitivity it causes), but am now wondering if I should stop using it now, so I have a good week of no Retin-A by the time I get my KH stuff.
Please let me know!
Big Thx!

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
If one tries to use VK2 on lower lids try to apply some sort of moisturizer first, and then VK2. Lower lids skin is thinner compared to upper lids, it was a little drying for me.

I haven't ordered the eye cream yet, but it is on my list. Actually, now I'm waiting for the verdict (if we ever get one) on which one is better - KH eye cream or 302 eye cream/serum.

In a mean time, do you think Vit.H would work under VK2?

Actually what I'm hoping for is that I'll get samples of the eye cream and VK1. I asked for those two samples, but also the supplier promised "additional samples" as I had to wait for good 10 day for them to restock their supplies of KH stuff. Now, I'm hoping I'll get all kinds of KH samples. If I do, I'll let you know what i think.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 5:44 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:

I've been using the Vita A Apricot which is 2% all over my eye area ( Shock ) Initially it was accidental as I had a face cream that I used all over originally so I applied to oil underneath initially to buffer the VKA a bit then applied it on auto pilot!. Was a bit worried but it seemed fine and I've not had any issues. My eyes aren't sensitive but are prone to dehydration and circles - not had any issues with it being too strong/drying my skin out or anything, in fact my eye tissue looks more hydrated for longer and my circles have decreased! A lucky mistake (NB I only apply to my eyes once a day in the evening - I am using the trial of the P8N8 eye cream and Complex 1 in the daytime).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 6:00 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I have never been able to use a "pea size amount" of anything in my life, much less a grain of rice! Embarassed Is that REALLY all everyone uses?

That really is all it takes, does take a little practice to get the application down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
I've been using the Vita A Apricot which is 2% all over my eye area ( Shock ) Initially it was accidental as I had a face cream that I used all over originally so I applied to oil underneath initially to buffer the VKA a bit then applied it on auto pilot!. Was a bit worried but it seemed fine and I've not had any issues. My eyes aren't sensitive but are prone to dehydration and circles - not had any issues with it being too strong/drying my skin out or anything, in fact my eye tissue looks more hydrated for longer and my circles have decreased! A lucky mistake (NB I only apply to my eyes once a day in the evening - I am using the trial of the P8N8 eye cream and Complex 1 in the daytime).

A lucky mistake, indeed Razz Wow, it seems like the effect is exactly what I'm looking for, Lucia. When I get it, I'm gonna experiment with using it on the Vit-A-Apricot Cream under and around the eyes Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
just want to let y'all know about another boutique selling KH. Urban Chic Boutique- she is in Buffalo, NY. also has items on ebay a little lower price and free shipping. I had my order to TX in two days. She can get whatever you want, even if it is not listed as she is a distributor, just contact her. I have found her extrememly helpful and very quick to answer my email inquiries. here is the link if you are interested.

http://stores.ebay.com/All-Chick-Stuff_Karin-Herzog_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ20093472QQftidZ2QQtZkm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
just want to let y'all know about another boutique selling KH. Urban Chic Boutique- she is in Buffalo, NY. also has items on ebay a little lower price and free shipping. I had my order to TX in two days. She can get whatever you want, even if it is not listed as she is a distributor, just contact her. I have found her extrememly helpful and very quick to answer my email inquiries. here is the link if you are interested.

http://stores.ebay.com/All-Chick-Stuff_Karin-Herzo
g_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ20093472QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Tuning, I bought my eyecream from her and it took FOREVER. I don't feel she should sell products she purports to have in her possession when she doesn't. I never got an explanation until I had to email her.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Wow Blues my experience was so different- she did not have any negative reviews and the comments were much what I experienced...

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |