Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I am on my 4th day of using KH (Oxy face for 3 days + some new stuff last night). So far - so good.

Now, the interesting stuff. I went to the local salon that carries KH line yesterday and had a good consultation with the esthetician who has 4 years of experience selling & using KH products + doing a variety of KH facials (I think she is trained and certified to do those). She said that while most KH products shouldn't be massaged into the skin, that they are perfectly OK to be quickly spread all over the face and neck. She said not to do the finger tapping technique, except for the eye area. Confused Shock Confused She said no need to do that. The creams should be spread over your fingers and quickly and lightly spread over the skin. Apparently, that's how the facials are done as well.
So, what do you make of that?
I asked about the brush application technique, and she wondered if that wouldn't waste too much product.

On a very positive note - the esthetician, her mom (who works at the reception) + two other ladies who work in the salon all use KH line and just love it. I quickly examined their skin (tried to be discrete Embarassed ) and they all looked great. One of them even said she used to suffer from chronic hormonal acne, and now only experiences rare breakout every couple of months (a pimple). I was particularly happy to hear that, as hormonal acne is one of my problems.

I also got some samples - cleansing milk, vita-apricot (the esthetician felt that would be better for my skin than VK2), the eye cream and vit. H.

Oh, another interesting thing the esthetician said - no need to start with VK1 and then move to VK2. Depending on the skin and the needs - one can just skip VK1 and go straight to VK2. That's why she recommended vita-appricot for me (has 2% oxy).

That's a bit different approach to the things, don't you think.

I tried VK2, the eye cream and vit.H (on my chest only) for the first time last night. I'll let you know how it all goes.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Rubby, it is so interesting to read how the line is used in many different ways. I do know that everyone that I have talked to that use KH have beautiful skin. The vitamin H cream is my favorite product in the line and I cannot see myself ever stop using KH.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
That's what I've been doing, just spread it. Whatever's left I tap or press in after the 2 minue wait. Usually, there's nothing left. I really think they just want to avoid the ususal massaging in we're used to. Having said that, I really enjoy massaging the H in, just because I'm used to using creams that way. It's hard to get used to just spreading a cream on.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting stuff, rubby - thanks for sharing.

I started with VK1, even though I certainly have enough skin "issues" to need the benefits VK2 will offer. I've only been using it at night to ease myself in, but I think tomorrow I'll try incorporating it into my a.m. routine. If all goes well, I'll buy the VK2 in a week (though I may need to remortgage my house at this rate).

So, have there been others who started on the VKI, graduated quickly to VK2, only to find themselves left with a nearly full jar of VK1? If so, are there other parts of the body it can be used (like hands)? I do hate to waste.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
P.S. Even with the extra cost of shipping from the USA to UK, it is less expensive to order KH products from the States. Nearly half the price, in fact.

I've just placed another order. Shock But I have my reasons ... that big zit I had yesterday is *gone*, and two flaky acne scabs that have been hanging around for the last two weeks are also gone. My skin seems to like this stuff.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Great to hear about your results graceless_lady.

I started the vk2 two days ago and it went well for me, I have been using the products just over two weeks now, and am going to use the vk1 in the am this week with the vk2 at night. If that goes well I think I will go completely to the vk2 on my face. I will probably use leftover on my hands after I have had a chance to see if the vk2 is the way for me to go.

Rubby- that was interesting about how to apply the cream- did she say why she would not tap on the face?

I started with the body cream this week- It is the first that has left me moisturized and not breaking out, especially on my legs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:

Rubby- that was interesting about how to apply the cream- did she say why she would not tap on the face?

She said "no need". Spreading it lightly and quickly with your hand works well and actually reduces the amount of time you "mess" with the cream and the skin. I didn't get a sense from her that tapping was necessarily wrong or that it should be avoided. Simply "not necessary".
HTH

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the eye cream? What are your thoughts?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick update - you may remember that I have been trying out P8N8 bio energised O2 products as they claim to have similar results to KH but be mineral oil free. I bought their trial kit which had a cleanser, toner, scrub, eye cream and two creams - complex 1 and multifruit complex 1. I gradually introduced the cleanser, eye cream, scrub and complex 1. I used the cleanser nightly the scrub once or twice a week and the eye cream and C1 in the morning but kept up the KH Vita A Apricot at night (as I wanted to ensure I maintained results while I experimented).

All was well the first week but then one morning I woke up with bright red cheeks (I had been using Vita A Apricot twice daily for about a month previous to the P8N8 trial with good results and no irritation). The rest of my face was fine but my cheeks look like those painted onto a doll! Shock They felt sensitive and tight like sunburn (I had a similar reaction to Osea APC bizarrely!). I went back to using a gentle PH cleanser and the Vita A Apricot and all settled down. Tried to reintroduce the P8N8 - back came the red cheeks - it was like sunburn (which it wasn't as I hadn't been outside and as a very fair redhead with a family history of skin cancer I wear photostable spf 50!) and the two or three teeny tiny broken caps I had looked HUGE plus I began to break out, nothing major but irritating all the same. So I went back to the KH - redness all gone and skin back to normal within 24 hrs! I have no idea what was in the P8N8 that upset my skin but my skin didn't like it at all!

K Herzog has made me challenge all my skin care beliefs abotu the use of mineral oil and hydrogen peroxide in skin care! It was clear that the H2O2 was had a huge positive result on my skin but I still felt that it woudl be better to get the same result minus the mineral oil. It would appear that my skin disagrees - it has chosen KH - my skin looks dewy, hydrated and healthy, Some red marks post breakout have almost gone, my pores are clear and hardly visible and my skin just generally looks better. (Plus I was asked the other day in a conversation with someone I work with and haven't known long if I was planning on having kids once I hit my thirties. I gleefully told her I had hit my thirties 6 years before! Very Happy I've always looked younger than my years (probably due to obsessive use of SPF!) but that just made my year!

Incidentally - I have horses and work outside a lot so my hands really have suffered - dry, chapped, sensitive etc. I have been using the silhouette on them every night (because it was there!) and a scrub every other night and my hands have improved enormously!! They look like they belong to me again.

LOVE KH!!
(goodness - sorry that post is so long! Embarassed )

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
LOVE KH!!
(goodness - sorry that post is so long! Embarassed )

Lucia, can you please remind us how long have you been using KH?
Also, good to hear about your good results on your hands. I think I'll start playing with Vit.H + VK2 on my hands ('cause that's all I have on hand right now - no pun intended Very Happy )

Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi - I guess all told coming upto 2 months now. Smile

Hand wise I also suffered with a cuticle that would split whatever I did (only thing that helped was L2K strangely) but it has healed completely with the KH - it does sting a bot on chapped areas but they healed really quickly - I also had a couple of scratches on my hands from playing with my cat - they healed quickly too. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lucia, for that informative post. I share your opinion on these wonderful products and feel the same about the mineral oil. In spite of all the hysterical shrieking about the Oxy and mineral oil, I'm happy as a little clam and have no worries that I will wake up one morning looking 20 years older do to the free radicals scavenging my poor face. No wonder they don't advertise, as Scally said, "the proof is in the pudding."

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 9:08 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
No wonder they don't advertise, as Scally said, "the proof is in the pudding."

Exactly!!

Very Happy

Sun May 25, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
What products in this line would you suggest for someone with sensitive acne prone skin. I typically get breakouts and a cyst or two around that time of the month. The oxyen creme sounds good. i have found that i dont do well with AHA or BHA and BP products. i had a bad skin reaction last christmas with differin creme and a derm prescribed BP cleanser...along with new birth control..well you get the picture my skin is very reactivie and I try to stay away from too many products but my skin still needs something!!!!

thanks
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
violet23 wrote:
What products in this line would you suggest for someone with sensitive acne prone skin. I typically get breakouts and a cyst or two around that time of the month. The oxyen creme sounds good. i have found that i dont do well with AHA or BHA and BP products. i had a bad skin reaction last christmas with differin creme and a derm prescribed BP cleanser...along with new birth control..well you get the picture my skin is very reactivie and I try to stay away from too many products but my skin still needs something!!!!

Because your skin is so sensitive, definitely try to get samples.

Try to find a local aesthetician that carries Karin Herzog products by contacting the KH US headquarters: www.karinherzogusa.com

Or order one product from JoElla and ask for samples of other products in the line you are interested in. She gives 10% off, if you use SAVE as the coupon:
http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/?gclid=COnR7LOUupMCFRMYagodNH8dCg
(from recent posts, it seems that EDS doesn't currently have KH samples in - probably can't keep them in stock!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
A quick question for more experienced KH users: Can Vit. H be used around eyes? I've been testing the eye cream for the last 4-5 days and I must say that I don't find it very moisturizing (I know I must give it more time Embarassed). I am wondering if I could add Vit H. under the eye cream, to add some good stuff to my skin. What do you think?

cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby, I add some vitamin H around my eyes on some nights, but what seems to work for me is the vita oil. If you just started using the eye cream it might just be your skin adjusting to the oxygen. I LOVE this eye cream.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I received the professional cleansing cream and it is really nice, not as difficult to use as I thought it might be. I got a sample of the mild scrub and I really like it. I used it in the shower and felt like my skin got a nice, gentle scrub and it left my skin glowing. I also got a sample of the Vitamin H cream and it is very nice as well, I used it overnight instead of my usual night cream and I really like the way my skin looked in the morning.
calexander10

Wed May 28, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BluesHeart,

Thank you for your reply...this is coming to you several days after our last exchange. I noticed in your posts a while back that you were asking if Vitamin A (Retinol) would be considered an active. I, too, am confused on this issue, b/c Osmosis sells a serum called Boost that is double the amount of Retinaldehyde (sp?) than the rest of his line, and states to expect exfoliation to occur. Which is interesting b/c he seems against exfoliation?? I was wondering if you use the mild scrub from the KH line. I read that you try to avoid using AHA's and even scrubs, but I just can't seem to rid myself of this dull look with enlarged pores since using KH. Sad Do you feel manual exfoliation (scrubs) is less invasive than AHA's? I'm going for the more conservative approach, but don't know which way that is. I'm envious of those who seem to have this healthy glow using the oxygen creams without exfoliating!! Surprised
calexander10

Wed May 28, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BluesHeart,

Thank you for your reply...this is coming to you several days after our last exchange. I noticed in your posts a while back that you were asking if Vitamin A (Retinol) would be considered an active. I, too, am confused on this issue, b/c Osmosis sells a serum called Boost that is double the amount of Retinaldehyde (sp?) than the rest of his line, and states to expect exfoliation to occur. Which is interesting b/c he seems against exfoliation?? I was wondering if you use the mild scrub from the KH line. I read that you try to avoid using AHA's and even scrubs, but I just can't seem to rid myself of this dull look with enlarged pores since using KH. Do you feel manual exfoliation (scrubs) is less invasive than AHA's? I'm going for the more conservative approach, but don't know which way that is. I'm envious of those who seem to have this healthy glow using the oxygen creams without exfoliating!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
calexander10 wrote:
Hi BluesHeart,

Thank you for your reply...this is coming to you several days after our last exchange. I noticed in your posts a while back that you were asking if Vitamin A (Retinol) would be considered an active. I, too, am confused on this issue, b/c Osmosis sells a serum called Boost that is double the amount of Retinaldehyde (sp?) than the rest of his line, and states to expect exfoliation to occur. Which is interesting b/c he seems against exfoliation?? I was wondering if you use the mild scrub from the KH line. I read that you try to avoid using AHA's and even scrubs, but I just can't seem to rid myself of this dull look with enlarged pores since using KH. Sad Do you feel manual exfoliation (scrubs) is less invasive than AHA's? I'm going for the more conservative approach, but don't know which way that is. I'm envious of those who seem to have this healthy glow using the oxygen creams without exfoliating!! Surprised

Ca,
I don't use the KH scrub, I'm sorry. Someday, I'll add it in but I've not gotten around to it yet. I'm not having the issues you're speaking of. If anything, pores are not noticeable. I know some of the girls here love the scrub so perhaps that is what you need. Did you use AHA's and are not stopping? I'm sure someone will step in and help you out. Have you tried asking JoElla?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Caalexander, I'm no expert but my first thought is, are you using the Vit A Kombi oil or Vitamin H cream under the O2 cream? If not you might want to try adding one of those. Also, I've only tried a sample of the Mild Scrub but I love it, I used it in the shower with wet skin and it worked great.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Another question for experienced KH users, but this time for those who also use LED: Do you use LED with KH and if you do, do you use it before or after applying your KH stuff? Many thanks, R. Smile

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rubby - I've use dpl after the KH VK2 - I let it sink in for a while first. I used to do the same thing with C serum and CP's.

Sister
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Rubby - I've use dpl after the KH VK2 - I let it sink in for a while first.
Sister

That is exactly what I did tonight. Applied good layer of VK2, waited for 10-12 minutes, and did nice, long BabyQ session. We'll see if that makes any difference. Right now, after the treatment, I can't see much.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |