Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stila eyeshadow brush #5
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I lost my old eyeshadow brush while traveling and needed a replacement, so I went to the Bobbi Brown counter and was frankly not impressed with the quality-price ratio on her brushes. Next it was off to the MAC counter, but I am a bit leery of them, having bought one of the touted 187 skunk brushes which sheds badly. So did its replacement. I wonder if MAC is sourcing its brushes from a lesser source these days? Anyway, I wasn't ready to take the MAC plunge again, though the MAC eyeshadow brushes seemed denser and softer than the Bobbi Brown ones.

My last stop was the Stila counter, partly because of the current thread on Stila eyeshadows...and it was love at first swipe. The #5 brush comes in a long and a short handle version, but the store only had the long one in stock. The head is dense and soft and applies shadow beautifully. I've had it a couple of weeks now, and I have to say it makes a real difference to the look of the eyeshadow. Amazing. No shedding at all, either. It does take two days to dry completely, but that's probably a function of its density.

If you're in the market for an eyeshadow brush, I highly recommend it.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review flitcraft! I just obtained a couple of these brushes in a swap and haven't tried them yet but they do look well constructed. When I went for my Stila makeover, of course the artist used Stila brushes and I have to say I loved the texture, feel and overall effects. I'll report on my e/s brushes in a week or so....

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I also have the No. 5 (long handle) and like it A LOT. Previously was using a Bobbi Brown that I’ve had forever, and like the Stila much more - and it cost much less!! Admittedly, I don’t wear eye shadow every day, and when I do it’s mostly just one light colour all over, a bone or whitish shade, but the No. 5 is great for that. If you’re into using more than one colour, and intricate blending, you may need another smaller brush as well though, as the No. 5 brush head is kind of large. But I’m a bit of a klutz, so probably those more skilled than me could use it for finer work/blending ?

Haven’t tried the short handle version, but the long handled one feels very nice in the hand and is a pleasure to use, so much so that I take it with me everywhere when I travel, even though I have a set of smaller travel brushes. I REALLY like this brush!

I have the No. 11 concealer brush (long handle) as well, which is supposed to be for “face concealer”, but I use that in the eye/undereye area, although Stila makes a separate brush for “undereye concealer”. Very happy with this one too.

Bought both of these on a whim from Strawberry about a year back, at a great price, but unfortunately they don’t seem to carry either at the moment.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |