Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Can I undo the damage of the past few months?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
In the past few months I have been under a certain amount of stress with a job change due to redundency and family illness. I have not been sleeping well or getting any exercise. I've sort of been falling back food, especially a lot of sugar to keep me going and healthy food and supplements have gone somewhat out the window. I feel like all this has really taken a toll on my skin it looks pasty and I have a load more fine lines under my eyes Sad .
I need to sort myself out and get back into some sort of routine and be healthy again. Have any of you been through similar stressful situations (silly question probably!) and if you felt it impacted badly on your appearance was the damage undone once you go back to taking better care of yourself?

Thanks everyone for reading!
Pandora x
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
In the past few months I have been under a certain amount of stress with a job change due to redundency and family illness. I have not been sleeping well or getting any exercise. I've sort of been falling back food, especially a lot of sugar to keep me going and healthy food and supplements have gone somewhat out the window. I feel like all this has really taken a toll on my skin it looks pasty and I have a load more fine lines under my eyes Sad .
I need to sort myself out and get back into some sort of routine and be healthy again. Have any of you been through similar stressful situations (silly question probably!) and if you felt it impacted badly on your appearance was the damage undone once you go back to taking better care of yourself?

Thanks everyone for reading!
Pandora x

A year an one half ago I had major reconstructive foot surgery. It was a good year before I could walk normally. Let me tell you the surgery aged me ten years. Bad Grin Once I felt strong I joined a gym, walk two miles a day, try to eat healthy. I am springing back.

My point is that if I can rebound at my age I know you can. Hope your life gets back to normal. Wink

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply Winnie, I know I am worrying too much but I just feel that I have undone a lot of the good work I had done prior to this unheaval. I am just feeling a little defeated at the moment, like I don't have much left in the tank. I probabaly just need a good nights sleep and a more positive attitude!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pandora..Just want to chime in and offer my 2 cents worth.

As long as there's life, there will be stress from time to time. And the longer it lasts, the greater the impact will be on your skin and health.

The big secret is learning to deal with the stress, so the impact on your life in general is minimal..

Here's what 'helps' in my experience;

-Allow yourself a few days of poor me, life sucks.

-Walk off that stress, and get extra exercise.

-Try to eat lots of fruits + veggies, and cut down on processed sugar, caffeine + fatty meats.

-Call on a couple of good friends, who won't mind you spilling your guts for a while.

-Seek professional help for the really serious stress.

-Enjoy every minute of a healthy life, and try not to sweat the small stuff.

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
Thanks for your reply Winnie, I know I am worrying too much but I just feel that I have undone a lot of the good work I had done prior to this unheaval. I am just feeling a little defeated at the moment, like I don't have much left in the tank. I probabaly just need a good nights sleep and a more positive attitude!

Kassy had some great advice. We have all been there at one time or another and it is not pleasant. Sending big hugs to you pandora77.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is possible to undo past damage. Positive change is always possible. Just concentrate on making baby steps. I think the first thing you should concentrate on doing is getting a good nights sleep. You need enough sleep to feed your body and mind. Then it will be easier to be more conscious about what you're eating and you'll have enough energy to get some exercise. Even if it just means taking a ten minute walk. Don't get discouraged about your current situation, you can get through it and end up liking how you feel and how you look much better.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry you had difficult time in the past and you passed that test. Keep smiling, think positive and maybe make a list of things you want to correct or get back in order in your life.
Take small steps and soon you've reached your goal!
As for skincare advice, use vitamin C during the day, wear sunblock and maybe use a light version of retinal at night.

Good luck! Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
To add to Winnie and Kassy:

I recommend lots of water (sip it all day long) - with lemon -
My morning starter is to Use a whole lemon in 16 oz. of water. Excellent! I try to get at least 64-80 oz. of water a day. (and use at least one lemon a day)
Some say the lemon water brightens the complexion. It also is good as a de-toxifier for the system.

Also get out and exercise - the more the better - part of the get well program! And you will feel better for it.

Lots of rest - this is when your body does it's best healing.

Also some foods help with your metabolism: Suggestions are
Pears - high in fiber and shown to decrease hunger.
Grapefruit - half a grapefruit before each meal - helps with insulin-a fat storage hormone.
Almonds - a good snack and actually shown to help you lose weight. YES, you need to eat fat, to burn fat - but only the Good Fats will do it. (EFA's).
Navy Beans also help - they have a fat resistant starch - also high in fiber.

More about that fiber. I would get a large canister of Fiber Con (I think it's called) and use it in anything you drink. 35 grams of fiber a day has been shown to be very helpful in weight-control and in appetite control. Throw out the sugar.

Take vitamins.

These changes will help your looks, your attitude and add to a better tomorrow.

Oh and stand tall!

Best of Luck,

Sis
Mabsy

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure that it's possible to undo the effects of a stressful few months, at least the visible effects because I'm not too sure what the lasting effects are on your body. I have had a very stressful year and at times my diet (and even water intake) have really suffered as well. Together with such stress come lack of sleep, which means lack of time, which means less time/energy to use all my favourite products. Unfortunately, my skin is the first to show such changes in my life but I am happy to report that with the right skincare my skin is starting to look great again. I have been through a phase like this in the past and know that glycolic acid, vitamin C and a few other key products always make my skin bounce back quickly. One thing that I have always been careful of, even when I neglect the rest of my skincare regime, is to use sunblock. I believe that is damage that cannot be truly undone.

All the best with getting your health and skin back into shape, I hope that you can quickly resolve whatever is causing you so much stress and get yourself into a new healthier routine.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |