Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
I am looking for a budget vitamin c serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I am looking for an effective vitamin C serum. I have used Cellex C, IS Clinical and Skinceuticals, but all of these are very expensive in Europe. Are there any other options for me?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Cellular Skin Rx C + Firming Serum 1 oz.is a wonderful serum. I note EDS stocks it for $38.00 US. For several years this product has a loyal following on EDS. It is much less expensive than many serums and stays stable for quite some time. If you do a search for this product you will find many threads discussing it.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
cellbone also offers Vit C serum for a lot less $$ than higher end companies do, with greater effectiveness. I actually used Cellular Skin RX for about a year; each bottle lasted me for 4 months and it stayed as true and fresh on the last day as the first day I opened it. I only recently switched to cellbone [see related thread in this forum] 23% Vit C serum because I wanted to boost up to a higher percentage.

HTH!

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
echokitten
5% products discount

Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
If you order directly from PSF you can get a Vit C sample of .25 oz for $10.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
You can't get much cheaper and fresher than making your own. One tbsp of distilled water, one tbsp of glycerin, 1/4 tsp of vit C powder or crystals. How can you beat it?!! Doubt

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
There was also a thread where someone just used a bit of sliced lemon, and squeezed the juice onto her face every day. Also pretty darn economical, if you're willing to go that route!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Dianayvonne has some awesome serums under the $40: their triple C and Spintrap C&E are fantastic.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:18 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
There was also a thread where someone just used a bit of sliced lemon, and squeezed the juice onto her face every day. Also pretty darn economical, if you're willing to go that route!

I'm not so convinced that lemon would be as beneficial as a Vit C serum, if only because we don't know how much we get with each dose. AT the very least, a DIY or professional product has measurable doses of ascorbic acid. I would also be concerned about the photostability of lemon juice on the face that gets exposed to so much sun.

I forgot to mention - Cellbone's 23% serum is only $31 USD, well within range of the budget minded considering it'll probably last 2-3 months.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Cellular skin rx is cheaper and you can order from EDS.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Lemon juice has far more citric acid than ascorbic acid in it. The percentage by volume of vitamin C is far below what has been shown to be clinically effective. I have no information on whether citric acid has any skin benefits, but I suspect that it may instead be an irritant.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Cellular Skin Rx C + Firming Serum Wink Thumb up!
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
You can't get much cheaper and fresher than making your own. One tbsp of distilled water, one tbsp of glycerin, 1/4 tsp of vit C powder or crystals. How can you beat it?!! Doubt

I second that, I make mine too. Surprised
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Nice to hear some of this feedback about cheaper C solutions! And I'm happy to hear some feedback about the lemon juice idea -- personally, I've never tried it, because when I used to use lemon juice to lighten my hair in high school, it would really sting my skin. I suspect the citric acid theory is right on.

I've been using and really enjoying PSF's Vitamin C serum, but I might try switching to one of these cheaper alternatives now that you've all brought them to my attention!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know the % of the Cellular Vit C Serum? Thanks!! Also, anyone on this has luck in reducing fine lines? Thanks!! Smile
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thank you so much for the great replies everyone. I am looking forward to reading up on these brands. It is good to see that there are some budget options available out there.
havana8

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Does anyone know the % of the Cellular Vit C Serum? Thanks!! Also, anyone on this has luck in reducing fine lines? Thanks!! Smile

I've never used it but it says 12% Stabilized Vitamin C in the form of L-Ascorbic Acid in a glycol base on their website.

http://www.cellularskinrx.com/products_vitamincserum.html
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks havana8! So should a beginner use a 5% to start with or 12% should be fine?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I use Cellbone C23: http://cellbone.com/c23.htm
Usually I use it within 1.5 - 2 months. I like Cellbone products in general, and this one I use daily. I keep it in a dark drawer of a bathroom sink cabinet.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

This is a good suggestion. I remember reading somewhere that Zinc Sulfate is good to add to Vit C serums. I actually bought ingredients, but never got around of making my own serum.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Mpstat: Tell me about the Zinc sulfate. How much do you add? Is that for sun protection?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:08 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Mpstat: Tell me about the Zinc sulfate. How much do you add? Is that for sun protection?

I read it on cellbone site:
http://cellbone.com/zincsulfatepowder.htm
Zinc Sulfate is a micro-ingredient that is indispensable to human life. It is of vital importance to increase your body resistance as a component of numerous enzymes.
Zinc Sulfate helps enhance the absorption of L-Ascorbic Acid onto skin.

I bought Zinc Sulfate powder from cellbone too. Cellbone C23 serum contains it, as well as Cellex-C, and some other Vit C serums.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if the Zinc Sulfate tablets you can buy in a bottle, like vitamins, would work as well? After all, the Vit. C crystals work. Smile

I see it online, for around $7 a bottle for 100. Of course it's in stores everywhere in the vitamin section.

Here's what it said about it:

Zinc Sulfate

This Zinc supplement uses Zinc Sulfate to supply your body with the zinc it needs. This zinc sulfate supplement is taken once daily, with a meal as a supplement. Each serving (one capsule) contains 220 mg of Zinc Sulfate and delivers your body 50 mg of elemental zinc. The zinc in zinc sulfate represents 23% of its mass, so 220mg of zinc sulfate has 50mg of zinc in it. 50mg of zinc is 333% of the recommended daily value.

Someone who knows their chemistry would probably know if this would be suitable to mix with the Vit C concoction.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I like cellbone's C23 and glycolic C and would reorder them. I've considered Diana Yvonne also - price looks great and it has good reveiws.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
But where do you get vitamin c powder or crystal to make it???

mountaingirl wrote:
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
But where do you get vitamin c powder or crystal to make it???

GardenOfWisdom: http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/page/page/4040338.htm
SkinActives: http://skinactives.com/products/ascorbic_acid.htm
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |