Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Favourite Era? 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
For me it has to be the 80's purely for the music. There were some great tunes back then. Mind, watching the videos the go with them on MTV etc makes you cringe. But I guess they made the best of the technology they had. Watching Ashes to Ashes (UK) has been good for the music, though the clothes and the hair styles are something else. Laughing Rolling Eyes Of course, the 80's were pre marriage and pre child so it was a different life altogether. It was more FUN and less of the grind. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I agree. Love the music from the 80's, but the hairstyles and clothes...not so much! I really like classic glamour, so my favorite fashion era is the 20's and 30's.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Uh Oh! I don't see the "50's" there.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes LMAO..

Anyway, I loved the carefree days of the 60's + 70's.......Great music, my favorite was 'Motown'. Crazy clothes, that were oh so 'groovy' way back then; bellbottoms, mini skirts, madris print everywhere + go-go boots.... Embarassed

Peace + Love ya'll........ Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sixties for me!! Might bring back memories for a few of you. Wink

Teased Hair, Rollers, Bobbie Pins, White Lipstick, Black Eyeliner, Greenwich Village, Coffee House, Guitars, Vanilla Coke, Kool Cigarettes, Elvis ,The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Joan Baez, The Momma and Pappa's, Mustang Convertible $4000.00, Gas .35 cents a gallon, American Bandstand, Ed Sullivan Show, Dragnet, Get Smart,Midnight Cowboy, Mrs. Robinson, Love Story, HollaHoops, Jump Rope, Go To The Head Of The Class,Colorforms,The Twist, Mash Potatoes, The Swim, Good Humor Man, HitchHiking, JFK, Jackie.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Sixties for me!! Might bring back memories for a few of you. Wink

Teased Hair, Rollers, Bobbie Pins, White Lipstick, Black Eyeliner, Greenwich Village, Coffee House, Guitars, Vanilla Coke, Kool Cigarettes, Elvis ,The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Joan Baez, The Momma and Pappa's, Mustang Convertible $4000.00, Gas .35 cents a gallon, American Bandstand, Ed Sullivan Show, Dragnet, Get Smart,Midnight Cowboy, Mrs. Robinson, Love Story, HollaHoops, Jump Rope, Go To The Head Of The Class,Colorforms,The Twist, Mash Potatoes, The Swim, Good Humor Man, HitchHiking, JFK, Jackie.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane! Your just too 'boss' my girl!!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:40 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Kassy_A"]Uh Oh! I don't see the "50's" there.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes LMAO..

Tee hee, sorry Kassy_A Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:11 am      Reply with quote
50's - for the simpler way family life used to be.

60's - for the music

80's - for being in hs and college

90's - for getting married and having kids

Each decade has something special I like about it Very Happy

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
The 60's for sure!! All you young 'uns out there, just remember WE started it all Laughing

Rock 'n roll, protest marches (anti war, equal rights), flower power, love-ins, mini skirts, hot pants, thigh high boots........the list goes on. We might be past our prime these days, but there's a rebel inside all of us Bad Grin
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
80s for me for the music...the best!! 90s - not too much happening there for me...
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Tjsmom-you've got a great attitude.

I miss the concerts, with pot wafting thru the warm summer breeze. Feeling free,being one with the Universe.

getting old sucks
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I love the 60's because of the music and that was really the time that my parents got together and to hear the stories of the juke box, Mels drive in ect..

But I loved the 70's. Disco, urban cowboy, the funky clothes. I was in high school then, the time of my life. If I could just go back for one day!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Definitely the 60s. They were magic years, but I also enjoyed the music of the 70s.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
Tjsmom-you've got a great attitude

Awwww, thanks sca Smile

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I haven't experienced the 70s myself, but it sounded like an awesome period that would radiate positivity. Also, I would love to have heard Hendrix IRL . So, I think I will pick this period.
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
It looks like I'm going to be the only one who says the 90s! It was definitely a great decade for rock music - Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Bush, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Pearl Jam, Marilyn Manson, Clutch, etc., etc. Flannel was in, girls wore combat boots, tattoos and piercings became mainstream.
I was a misunderstood, rebellious teenager during the 90s, so all of the above really appealed to me. But I like this period of time more for who I was, rather than for the things that defined it. I was creative, I wrote a lot, I dug deep into who I was. I had my first serious long term relationship and basically started to develop the traits and ideals that define who I am today.
And did I mention that the music ROCKED?!! Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I have to date myself.

I was a kid in the 60's the British Invasion, pretending to be a Beatle; Civil rights marches in DC (parents were very active, Nothing like thousands of people holding hands and singing "We shall overcome" to a kid it was magic), HS in the 70's (Hendrix played a guitar with his whole body), peace Marches, everything seemed so alive back then, things now seem so sterile in contrast.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Nymue wrote:
It looks like I'm going to be the only one who says the 90s! It was definitely a great decade for rock music - Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Bush, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Pearl Jam, Marilyn Manson, Clutch, etc., etc. Flannel was in, girls wore combat boots, tattoos and piercings became mainstream.
I was a misunderstood, rebellious teenager during the 90s, so all of the above really appealed to me. But I like this period of time more for who I was, rather than for the things that defined it. I was creative, I wrote a lot, I dug deep into who I was. I had my first serious long term relationship and basically started to develop the traits and ideals that define who I am today.
And did I mention that the music ROCKED?!! Very Happy

You missed TAKE THAT off your list of great music Embarassed Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Although I was a pre schooler and have no memories of 60's but I love the music of 60's. I also love the 80's Duran Duran, pet shop boys, MTV was new and I remember staying up at all hours of the night watching videos! Those terrible hair do's and the most crazy clothes and I was sooooo young!
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'd say the late 80's to 90's. I miss the old madonna music, nirvana...lots of other great bands but i'm too lazy to name em all haha Smile I like oldies stuff too!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |