Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Please send positive thoughts my way
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I hesitated to post this deeply personal crisis on such and open forum but someone very close to me is in a very dark place right now. The good news is that he finally realizes [after years!] that his addictions have gone beyond his control and he needs some help. It all started with prescription drugs, alcohol and spiraled down from there.

We're surrounding him with love and support and just got him to a doctor who's prescribed yet more medication to ease the withdrawal symptoms he's going through.

Anyway, it's a rough time. I'm doing my best to keep my spirits up so I can bolster his. Please send us your positive thoughts my way. If you're into positive prayer, that's fine too. I think it'll help someway if the universal consciousness knows we're all pulling for him.

TIA!

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
You can count on me athena, the good wishes and prayers are coming your way.. Pray Pray Pray

If you ever need a shoulder, just PM me. I unfortunately, have lived through the terrible * spam alert * of a loved one, all to close to home.

Hugs + prayers
K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Athena,

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are being sent your way. Your friend is at a good place. To admit we have a problem is always the first step. I just lite a candle. It is helpful to have a candle burning when someone needs positive thoughts or prayer. Every time I look at it the next few days I will say a prayer for your friend.

Quote:
I think it'll help someway if the universal consciousness knows we're all pulling for him.

Absolutely right!

Hugs,
Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
We're behind you 110%, Athena! I know this is a tough time for you, but I have faith you will make it through. Hang in there!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Athena,

I said a prayer for you and your loved one. I've been through this with a loved one. It won't be easy but your loved one and you will get through this. Keep the faith.

Hugs,
Maria
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Athena, please tell your friend he got my support. It's great that he realizes he has a problem and will be doing something about it. He'll be so happy after it's all over.
havana8

Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
That's a rough yet hopeful spot to be at, Athena. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Thank goodness that there is a universal consciousness and that we are all pulling for each other. Pray
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
He's very lucky to have you. He has taken a positive step. I will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sending lots of positive thoughts to your friend Athena. His admission to having a problem is a gigantic step in the right direction. Here's hoping he gets the "monkey off his back" soon.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
*Athena,I will be praying for you and your friend.
Your friend is so lucky to have a caring angel like you to help him thru this hard time.
Sending love,Linda
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sending positive thoughts your way and wishing everyone many blessings.

Take care

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Have you been to Al Anon? They are wonderful supportive, safe places for those who live with the addicted.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Athena,

my warmest thoughts and prayers for you and your special friend!

I hope he will get over the worst soon, and you both need a lot of courage and faith to get thru it.

Best wishes always,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm sending positive thoughts and wishes your way Athena.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
My deepest wishes are with you and your family at this time.
It may very well be a long, tough journey, but your family has already made the first step to recovery. That is a blessing in itself Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi athena; Just checking in to say your still in my prayers, and I hope all is going well for you.

I'm only a PM away, if you ever need that shoulder.

Hugs,
K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I understand your pain and I sincerely hope everything works out for the best.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your good wishes. It was good to be able to tell my brother that people from all around the world are sending positive thoughts and prayers to help pull him through this.

The moment of crisis [withdrawal] symptoms are over, but it'll still be a long climb out of the darkness and into the light. He's been a functional addict for a long time; not until we get to the WHY will this be over. There has been a lot of loss in his life this past year, but the problem extends from much deeper in his history. I don't know the pivot point that led to his pain, not sure he even knows but I think it may be the key.

I'm not trying to introduce religion into this topic; I tend toward spiritual enlightenment over religion and dogma. I don't go to church, but was able to find a minister from one of the very few churches that admit no one has a lock on the truth. He heard, spoke and gave me some pretty powerful insights; ah, the wonders of an objective listener! I've been rolling over some of the things he had to say in my mind for the past few days; he gave me a lot to think about and I'm still absorbing it.

It's possible the best help I can offer is to accept that I may not be able to help. By this, he means I should take the "me" out of it. I've been focused on trying to find someone for him to talk to when it's unlikely he will talk to someone he doesn't know about a deep and very personal anguish. So maybe I just need to shut up and listen, and find an objective spiritual guide when he's ready for it.

Rather than try to shine the light on him, maybe I need to be able to stand in the darkness with him; as a child of light I can stand in the dark without being destroyed by it. Instead of trying to talk to him about the beauty in life, maybe I need to be the beauty. Instead of trying to get him books to read that I think may help, perhaps I should demonstrate these precepts I find so powerful.

Two more very powerful things he said that really resonated with me, although it sounds very hard. Be the center. Build on the personal mythology we all develop whether we know it or not and use it (he did use an example from one of our childhood jokes to illustrate this) Very interesting to hear about buddhist beliefs and quotations from the works of Joseph Campbell in the same sentence.

I've gone on long enough, sorry about that but I'm still trying to sort out everything in my mind and writing helps.

Hugs to you all,

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Athena,

Here's wishing you lots of love and support during this time. I'm sure your friend is on a path to healing -- when you're grappling with an * spam alert *, admitting you need help is a HUGE step, and it sounds like your friend is surrounded by exactly the kind of loving but firm support he needs. Good luck to you all in this transition, and I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way!

--ginnielizz

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Athena

You are one very wise lady and a very caring friend, and for that reason I'd say although your friend might be unlucky to have the * spam alert *, he is very lucky to have such a friend in you.

Positive thoughts and best wishes -- yes, mine are with you and with him.

-Cathy

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |