Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
huge acnes along my hairline
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
everyonce in a while i get these huge acnes along my hairline. I dont know what kind of acnes are these, but they are the ones with no white puss and they are hard. They usually exist for a couple of weeks and then go away. then come back again a few weeks later. It bugs me because if I get these, I look like I have huge bug bites on my forehead. Anyone has any suggestion as to what I should with these acnes?
thanks
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Wow -- I'd check your shampoo and conditioner, as well as any foundation that you may blend into the hairline. Something is irritating you there, not being rinsed out, clogging your pores. Something's awry, and I would bet lots of money it is product-related.

Become an acne detective. Change ONE thing for a couple of weeks and see if that clears it up. (I say this having newly clogged pores on my forehead. I have been on a springtime spree and changed foundation, night moisturizer, exfoliation cream and primer all in one week. Do not do that. Laughing )

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:21 am      Reply with quote
you should try using yonka's juvenil. This product works different from other acne products, it goes deep in the skin and works really well for acne that are below skin surface.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Like Sidda suggested, the first thing I would check is your haircare. Are you using any different shampoos/conditioners or styling products?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
My daughter has problems with acne. She actually breaks out around the hairline when she wears a cap for a prolonged time during the day. Just thought I would pass this on.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
My teenager got this also and his went behind the ears and nape, too. Later on I realized he was using a body loofah on his face and all over. I think that irritated his skin. I told him to stop and be more gentle with his face. It is improving now.
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I always have this...

The bumps would heal and it would be fine for a week but then they come back. I don't know what it is either, and I sort of accepted that they're always going to be there.

I switch shampoos all the time, conditioners too. The only shampoo that I used that didn't cause these bumps was head and shoulders.

Unfortunately, my hair doesn't tolerate the same shampoo for a long time because then my head doesn't feel clean. Whenever they do sprout though, I always use salicylic acid and retin-a on them and they clear up faster.

Wax, mousse and what other hair styling products you use effect this as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if you use it, but the culprit could be your hairspray. I discovered, years ago, that I would break out if any hair spray droplets would land on my face (particularly my forehead was affected, as well as along my hairline). Be extra careful with your hairspray application and see if your condition clears up. Mine did....haven't had a problem since!
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I think its definitely something you are using, could be either shampoo or conditioner, or a styling product. Did you recently get your hair colored or cut? It could be a reaction to hair dye or some products that the stylist use at salons.
havana8

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
If the breakouts are along the forehead part of the hairline, I am wondering if perhaps that area is being missed when you cleanse your face or if it isn't being missed, is it possible the cleanser is not being rinsed off well enough? Just a thought.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I used to get them along my hairline and back of my neck and jawline a lot. Well, I still do, but in much better control.

The main culprits for me was not properly rinsing my shampoos and washing my face close enough to the hairline. My hair tends to be oily, so I guess some of that hair oil slides down, and when I'm washing my face at night, I try to avoid getting my hair wet, so there was always that gap of missed dirt.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use hair spray? I know people who use styling prdts, esp hair spray that gets these bumps? If you have oily hair, wash it every day and rinse very well with cool water.
emilyruth
5% products discount

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a hairdresser and we have this same conversation with clients all the time. Hair conditioner is usually the culprit especially if you wash your hair every day. After you're done washing and conditioning your hair, wash your face with your facial cleanser to remove any conditioner. What products may be fabulous for our hair can be very acne inducing to our faces. I keep an extra facial cleanser in the shower to immediately remove the conditioner from my face. If you get breakouts in the hairline, put some of the cleanser there as well, you don't have to stop at the skin line. Hope this helps.
sally72
5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:45 am      Reply with quote
I agree that it is something to do with your hair. Either you have fringe or one of your products is irritating your skin. I would recommend avoiding any gels or heavy hair products that could be preventing your breakouts.
I got bangs for the first time about two years ago and my forehead was always breaking out. I didn't understand why and suddenly it clicked. It was my new haircut. So now I've learned that its best to pull my hair back from my face.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |