Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Experience with Frownies?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:
I've been experimenting with surgical tape instead of Frownies. My verdict:

Less money
More comfortable
Same results

Sold!

Where do you buy surgical tape?
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Where do you buy surgical tape?

Sister Sweets, you can get it in the bandaid aisle of any drugstore. I use one made by 3M, it has low tack and is easy to remove in the morning.
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I recommend forcing yourself to sleep on your back.
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I get a bit confused.

Does Frownie for "expression wrinkle" ONLY??

Or for the "existing/permanent" wrinkles?

Since i just got some wrinkles when I smile. I am so worry these expression wrinkles become perminent wrinkles. Can Frownie help on this?(to prevent the wrinkles coming out)

Also can it be applied for the under eye fine lines?

I also doubt that we may have expression during sleeping time, when that make more wrinkles with frownie?

Also can it permanently diminish the wrinkles or how long it can keep??
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
This is based on my long ago usage of Frownies--they do help a bit with things like the vertical lies between the eyebrows (the dreaded "11's"), they are too aggressive for the delicate skin under the eye, and the effect they have is temporary. Also, they are the most unromantic look imaginable. So I quit using them...
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone still using Frownies? I'm considering trying the surgical tape that was mentioned in this thread, but am unsure exactly how to place it. One post said to use on "relaxed" skin. I was wondering if the skin should be pulled smooth so that the lines are smoothed out before applying the tape. Gosh, hope I'm making sense. Also, wondering how I would apply the tape to horizontal lines.

Any advice out there??

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Songbird,

Use two pieces of the tape and place them to make an "X" between your eyes (that's for the 11's). I'm not sure how you would use it on horizontal lines.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I have used fronies. I have found that the breathe right strips work so much better. Amazing. Stopped the fronies and only use the strips.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I don't think they are useful on my forehead...
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use Frownies. I love them. I've had Botox too. I think Frownies really help me. I wish the Botox had worked better for me but the line between my brows had been there so long, I probably could benefit from a little filler.

The Frownies keep the line from getting as bad as it used to be. Without them, I have a trench, with them I have a faint line. I tend to sleep on my side and stomach which is not good for the face.

As I mentioned on another thread, I am not sure I want Botox again. I really did not like it that much. For some like my daughter who is young and got the line early, it really makes a difference. For me, not so much.
SKYDAGZ
5% products discount

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Can frownies be purchased locally?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I've only found frownies on-line but then again I live in a smaller city. I use surgical tape now anyway - it is cheaper and thanks to Skippie who mentioned putting them in a X configuration - I'll try that next time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
SKYDAGZ wrote:
Can frownies be purchased locally?

At the Frownies site online, they have a locator search engine. For my area of the country, it said they were available in Stein Mart which surprises me but that is the only place listed near me. I was happy buying mine online but postage to different parts of the world can be expensive.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
Is anyone still using Frownies? I'm considering trying the surgical tape that was mentioned in this thread, but am unsure exactly how to place it. One post said to use on "relaxed" skin. I was wondering if the skin should be pulled smooth so that the lines are smoothed out before applying the tape. Gosh, hope I'm making sense. Also, wondering how I would apply the tape to horizontal lines.

Any advice out there??

Songbird I use tape. I do straighten the skin a little to make sure there won't be any line under the tape or you'll just accentuate it. I use it under my eyes, two separate bits overlapping so the entire undereye area is covered. It works well.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I used the 3m tape on the corner of my mouth - i have 2 lines (on one side) and it actually DID help. These are due to sagging - not so much fine lines- basically i think i need a filler there.

Anyway - I have a bad habit of forgetting and so i would use the tape for a night or 2 and then forget to continue....

I know that frownies/tape is supposed to have cumulative affects. So do you think if it helped over night that i could continue to see results if I FORCE myself to continue nightly.

OR is the mouth area different as far as tape not being as effective over time as the eye area would be.

Maybe thats a weird question - but just asking your opinions or if anyone else tried around hte mouth area.

thanks....
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mb I really couldn't say for sure, I've never done the mouth area.
But if it made a difference after a couple of nights it seems it'll work more as time goes on. I keep my tape on my bathroom cabinet, although I'd never forget to use it now. I feel weird if it's not on after all these years. Rolling Eyes
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
racheli,
Please do a 'Search' on Browtox, where you will find one of our members, cloe, had a bad experience with it.
Better check that the PSF version doesn't contain Curare, an arrow poison.

I'm not a hypochondriac type person, but I think that I started getting dizzy after using this for a couple weeks. It went away after I stopped, so who knows, I never went back to it.

I was also wearing a pair of shoes frequently with one heel worn down more than the other, I was also suspicious of that being the problem. Yes, I'm serious about that Laughing
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
mb935,

I actually did try the tape on the corners of my mouth awhile back. I decided it made my mouth look worse.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I was in the Stein Mart today by me and yes, they did indeed have the Frownies for $14.99 so I picked up another box since I love them. No where else do they carry them around be so usually I buy them on ebay.

Anyway, they had other similar products as well. They actually had a great supply of all the various kinds of Frownies and stuff by other companies. Then I went to T J Maxx. They sure are the dumping ground and resting place of a lot of high end cosmetics and creams that probably did not work.
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use Frownies every night for my 11s. I think they work well. Only Botox is better (topical "browtox" things don't work for me). I have also trained myself not to make those frown lines during the day, although sometimes it is inevitable. I carry tension in that area, so I have really had to train myself. But then at night I slap on a Frownie, and by morning my skin is smooth again. I just rip them off in the morning. They don't hurt at all, unless you are using Retin A. I would not use them on skin from the eyes down, though. Just forehead or between brows. They are very cheap because one box lasts almost half a year of every night use. (Much cheaper than Breathe Right nasal strips!)

They are now available at the Bed, Bath, and Beyonds that have a drugstore section (this is a new thing for BBB). They are pretty cheap there (about $13) and you can always use a BBB coupon for 20% off.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks - I'll have to see if they have them at out local BBB. - It bugs me to pay shipping fees.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks - I'll have to see if they have them at out local BBB. - It bugs me to pay shipping fees.

Like you, I dislike shipping fees especially for products which are sent from the US. I am in Canada and live in a smaller city; I have been unable to find frownies where I live. I am using the 3M Micropore clear Tape (1 inch) on my elevens at night; this seems to work reasonably well for now and at $4 a roll it is economical too! Are there any Canadians here who know where to buy frownies locally? (we have most major retail department stores and drug stores where I live). TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:49 am      Reply with quote
The Frownies site has an international store finder as well. I went ahead and put in for Canada and it came up with stores in Ontario, Alberta, BC and QC. I am not sure if I have been here long enough to post a link but you can find info under FrowniesCanada.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
re using surgical tape. When removing this, does it cause any pulling of the skin? I would like to be able to just completely soak the tape in water when I want to remove and for them to just come off with no tugging. If anybody has used it, or if anyone knows how surgical tape reacts w water eg if the adhesive just dissolves or otherwise, pls let me know.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am a Frownie user queen:lol: Been using them for years and do love them. I tried all the surgical types and they didn't work for me. They were gummy to remove and they failed to provide the stiff splint type effect to make my forehead wrinkles lay down and play dead Laughing I did get an email from a poster here telling me that there is a packaging tape that is activated with water that works like frownies. It is brown in color and has to have water to activate the natural gum substance on the back. It would be very cheap and still provide the stiffness....I am going to look for it this week. Wink

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |