Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Experience with Frownies?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Pollyanna wrote:
Toby wrote:
Pollyanna,
The Frownease came up on another thread when discussing the frownies and one poster that was a frownie user tried them and was disappointed that they weren't stiff enough to handle the forehead wrinkles. Can you speak to the stiffness?

sure Smile
well first like I said they aren't really even large enough to cover the whole forehead area. With Frowies you could by making a diamond pattern using 2 of the original frownease box for between eyes. But one of these frownease would not cover an area as large as the centre of forehead and they don't join well together to make a larger one because of their thickness.(hope that makes sense!)
I suppose if you had 1-2 or even 3 small individual forehead horizontal wrinkles spaced out you could apply these one by one as they are quite small but of course you'd use more...Sad They only come in this one shape/size for anywhere on the face.I've just measured them and they are 1 inch left to right and a bit over half an inch top to bottom. I imagine they would be best for the frown/glabellar line like I use it and the small smile lines at corners of mouth. I personally didn't find them all that comfortable on crows feet though I think this would depend on the person and if how deep an indentation they had on the side of their eye(mine is deeper).I think they'd be fine for someone else..
but that being said again it is the size of these that makes them so much more appealing to me for between the eye area because you look less like a freak in bed for example-my husband prefers these that's for sure Laughing
So now to more directly address your question Wink
I have NO issue whatsoever with the stiffness and find these far more sturdy and secure than original frownies which always were mostly unstuck from my face by morning..something I was never fully able to recitify after soo many years of use. These new ones feel like an extra thick cloth bandaid-the comfortable kind and I personally find that these do not budge!
Hope that helps Smile

I got my Frownease and love them for the glabella area!!

However, as Pollyanna said they really aren't optimal for the forehead area because they are so small. And I hated them around my eyes because the adhesive was TOO strong and ripped my skin off!

So now that that I have Frownies, Frownease AND Furlesse, here is how I am using them:
- Frownease between my eyes
- Furlesse cut in half and used on the outsides of my eyes (the lower adhesive level is perfect for this area)
- Frownies on my forehead, but I will not be rebuying these.

Laughing that's hilarious! Seems you've got everything covered then- literally.. glad you liked them. Smile So much less bulky and unattractive I think but yes BEST for the glabella. I didn't have the ripping the skin issue on eyes you had at all just found them hard to lay flat there without feeling uncomfortable but again -think it's the shape of my temples.. Confused

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
lucretia_zen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I got my Frownease and love them for the glabella area!!

However, as Pollyanna said they really aren't optimal for the forehead area because they are so small. And I hated them around my eyes because the adhesive was TOO strong and ripped my skin off!

So now that that I have Frownies, Frownease AND Furlesse, here is how I am using them:
- Frownease between my eyes
- Furlesse cut in half and used on the outsides of my eyes (the lower adhesive level is perfect for this area)
- Frownies on my forehead, but I will not be rebuying these.

Toby - thanks for answering my previous question, now I totally understand. So you use the devices to try and rid or smooth out the lines and the frownies to keep the effect going. Got it!! However I still can't find Frownease on e-bay. Can someone chime in on where they are purchasing them from? Also the Furlesse? The link on pollyana's post isn't working - comes up as 'site under construction'.

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
lucretia_zen wrote:
However I still can't find Frownease on e-bay. Can someone chime in on where they are purchasing them from? Also the Furlesse? The link on pollyana's post isn't working - comes up as 'site under construction'.

http://www.furlesse.com/

This is where I bought my Frownease, but it doesn't look like he has any listed at the moment. I would write to him via the Ask a Question link at the very bottom of the page.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260652861923&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:26 am      Reply with quote
arrgh! went to order more Frownease today and it seems they have disappeared off the face of the earth Sad
Finally find something I love and they vanish-
wish now I'd stocked up!!
Hope I'm wrong but now the website just says under construction- the blog hasn't been updated since May and not one seller is left on EBAY where I first bought them.. I wonder what happened? Can't find a thing in a google search either...

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
lucretia_zen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
arrgh! went to order more Frownease today and it seems they have disappeared off the face of the earth Sad
Finally find something I love and they vanish-
wish now I'd stocked up!!
Hope I'm wrong but now the website just says under construction- the blog hasn't been updated since May and not one seller is left on EBAY where I first bought them.. I wonder what happened? Can't find a thing in a google search either...

Hi Pollyanna, on Bethany's advice I contacted the seller and this is the message he sent me, via e-bay.....

'We still have some supply in our inventory and only selling to our past customers. The new product through new company will be launched in about 4 months or so. We are only selling them in 4 box with 60 pieces in each box package. Even though we do ship to AU but I would recommend to buy only if you have tried and liked it. They will cost you including shipping about US $50.
Remember that these are not Frownies rather Frownease. Frownies are being sold all over and you can buy them from various sources.

- frowneaserus'

Maybe if you are a past customer, then he will sell to you? Might as well give it a try? Just click on the above link that Bethany provided.
All the best.

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Lucretia Smile
I wrote to him via Ebay and he is the only distributor left with any stock for the next 4 months.Even though (I think) the company was initially UK based no one in the UK is selling old stock and he will only sell a 4 box pack of 60 each and the total with shipping is $60!
I don't know what to do -I wasn't planning on spending that at this time.. Sad

Apparently Frownies is incorporating them into their company with a re-launch in 4 months time and new packaging etc...interesting

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
I wrote to him via Ebay and he is the only distributor left with any stock for the next 4 months.Even though (I think) the company was initially UK based no one in the UK is selling old stock and he will only sell a 4 box pack of 60 each and the total with shipping is $60!

Apparently Frownies is incorporating them into their company with a re-launch in 4 months time and new packaging etc...interesting

So Frownies bought up the competition!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:33 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Pollyanna wrote:

So Frownies bought up the competition!!

It seems so!These were his words:
"The makers of Frownies will be marketing Frownease through their company but it may take about 4 months for it to happen."
BUT- my crisis is averted as I found another Ebay seller here in the UK also no longer selling them. I wrote privately and managed to get the same deal(last 4 boxes-phew!) but it works out $20 cheaper than ordered from US Ebayer. Plus being over here I'll receive them much quicker..YAY!

Very Happy

rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
This thread is hilarious. I looked this up because I thought I was going to introduce everyone to a new product! I always wear my "frownies" at night and when I am on the computer to keep me from squinting and making my 11's worse, and to bed! I like the idea of transparent tape, not to actually take the place of my beloved frownies but I could use that in my office at work when I am on the computer! I'll just put a sign on my door for everyone to "knock before entering" so I can remove it, or they are going to think I'm nuts!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I brought a box of frownies to my mum last month.

She uses it every night during sleep, now her 11 winkle's reduced a bit.

Amazing!!
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
This thread is hilarious. I looked this up because I thought I was going to introduce everyone to a new product! I always wear my "frownies" at night and when I am on the computer to keep me from squinting and making my 11's worse, and to bed! I like the idea of transparent tape, not to actually take the place of my beloved frownies but I could use that in my office at work when I am on the computer! I'll just put a sign on my door for everyone to "knock before entering" so I can remove it, or they are going to think I'm nuts!! Laughing

It's really a good idea to use at office!

But be reminded that every time when you use frwonies, the most suitble duration is at least 3 hours sucessively without break!!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Katy, Now I'm thinking Idea I'm just going to have to let my co-workers believe that I have developed some weird eccentricity when they come in and see me with tape on my forehead! Better they believe that than my 11's come back!![i] 3hrs. I'm in work for 8, lunch 1hr, it''s doable Idea Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:09 am      Reply with quote
good idea Laughing

Just make them believe it so that your 11 will gone very soon!!!
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
WOW!! Frownies is really amazing!!

I met my aunt (age around 50) in the Christmas gathering last night. Haven't seen her for half a year, I found that her 11 winkles and the winkles around the mouth reduced quite obviously...

She told me she has been using Frownies for over 8 months every night!! The effect is really amazing!! Just like injecting botox!!! Shock
xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I used frownies for the first time on Friday and found them uncomfortable to sleep in. The next day when trying to remove these were horrific! They did work, the results were temporary.... I will give this a try again.

Can anyone give me advice on a better way of removing the patches without pulling the skin along with the pain involved. Thanks

Late 40's, Currently using AALS, Violet Ray 12/2010. Skincare products; Derma-e peptides plus & hyalorinic acid night cream, Origins; Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea & Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea. Skin Laboratory Glycolic, Lactic & Salicylic acids. Recently started using 12/2010 Skin Biology's CP serum & TTT.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've never once had a problem getting them off. I pull it off every morning before getting out of bed. I do use a good moisturizer on my face before I apply the frownie so maybe it keeps it from sticking as well. No idea.

Sometimes I even pull mine off at 4 am. I get tired of wearing it. But, I certainly love what they've done for me. The line between my brows is still diminished and I really look less angry these day.
xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
bordnfl2, I'm sure I applied a moisturizer before applying the frownies. I will give it a try again by adding a heavier skin cream before applying them next time. Thanks for the advice. Smile

Late 40's, Currently using AALS, Violet Ray 12/2010. Skincare products; Derma-e peptides plus & hyalorinic acid night cream, Origins; Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea & Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea. Skin Laboratory Glycolic, Lactic & Salicylic acids. Recently started using 12/2010 Skin Biology's CP serum & TTT.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
No problem getting them off either....I put them right on after moisturizer....in the morning they peel right off without any struggle...almost too easy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
We them really good - warm compress good and this will help.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I take them off in the shower...they come off super easy when they're wet.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
CareBear79 wrote:
I take them off in the shower...they come off super easy when they're wet.

That's a clever way which I should follow!! Even I applied moisturizer before using frownie, it's painful when I peel them off in the morning....Thanks for reminding me that I can peel them off during the morning shower!!
macropis
5% products discount

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
After reading reviews on amazon, I bought frownies and the optional rosewater hydrating spray that goes with it. they were just delivered today. I have one stuck on my forehead right now! I will report my early results tomorrow!

I have been growing unhappy with my 11's and forehead lines lately, to the point that I was seriously considering botox. Since I really can't afford botox, I have started some facial exercises coupled with awareness of not using those muscles unnecessarily. I realized that I often raise my eyebrows (and keep them raised) for no good reason, so I have been trying to not do that. I know I tense up badly in my sleep, and I suspect that my 11's get created mostly at night, so I'm especially hopeful that wearing the frownies at night will help.
macropis
5% products discount

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 am      Reply with quote
okay, I've worn my first frownie most of the evening and overnight. I did not find it difficult to stick on and it was reasonably comfortable.

As for results, all I can say is....Oh. My. God.

My forehead is shining smooth like a billiard ball. I am so thrilled I am almost in tears. It is funny how something like forehead lines can sneak up on you for years (decades). I didn't realize how much they were aging me. I realize the lines will creep back throughout the day, but this has really motivated me to work on my awareness of these muscles.

And for $14!

I am very happy!
macropis
5% products discount

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
one more follow up: End of day one post-frownie and my forehead is still smooth. I was aware of the muscles all day and I tried very hard to not use them.

The added benefit of this (for me) is that I have no trace of tension headache, whereas at the end of a trying day (today was) I usually am rubbing my forehead and scalp muscles trying to dissipate a headache. I also found that I felt a bit more emotionally serene simply by not raising my eyebrows or knitting them together unnecessarily.

I do not know if I am representative or not when it comes to my results with the frownie. (I have been overusing my forehead muscles terribly.) But all I can say is that this $14 product has had the most amazing result of any beauty product I have ever tried.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've found most recently that the way I sleep, I wake up with a new line at the edge of the frownie so for the last few nights, I cut the frownie in half and use the new smaller size for the line between my brow and it's working great. It seems the smaller size is all I need to control it and works best for me.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |