Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The best toner...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone suggest what is the best toner you have used? I wanna buy a new toner, but dunno what should I choose. I am combination skin.thx
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
wancy_2000 wrote:
Can anyone suggest what is the best toner you have used? I wanna buy a new toner, but dunno what should I choose. I am combination skin.thx

Oh my...there are so many excellent toners. If you go to the top of the page "search" and type in toner you will get many excellent reviews on different product.

Some of my favorite toners right now are:

Janson Beckett's Organic Toner
Caudalie
Jurlique Rose Water

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thayer's toners. There is such a great selection, but I like:

-Rose Petal and Witch Hazel Toner (alcohol-fee).
-Cucumber Witch Hazel w/ Organic Aloe Vera (Alcohol-free)

Or you could try DIY with the following ingredients: rosewater, vegetable glycerin, witch hazel, fresh aloe vera and an EO.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use a toner from time to time - PSF has two that I like very much.
I did recently read that a toner is not necessary if the Ph of your cleanser is within normal PH range of your natural skin PH (about 6.5-7.00 is what I understand).
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
thanks sister sweet.
Do you still use toner now?
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I started using PSF toner (I think it's called R&R?) pretty good. Has lots of good ingredients inside. Smells like cucumber Smile
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used Kate sommerville clarifying treatment toner? I just ordered that a few days ago...i hope it works good!

Right now I'm using the toner by aveda. Works good but i like trying new stuff!
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I did recently read that a toner is not necessary if the Ph of your cleanser is within normal PH range of your natural skin PH (about 6.5-7.00 is what I understand).

hhmmmm, interesting to know, I hadn't heard that. Good tip!!
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Jenny1970 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

hhmmmm, interesting to know, I hadn't heard that. Good tip!!

How can you tell what the PH of your cleanser is???
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I think you can purchase some pH testing paper to check the pH value
Carzie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I like Phytomer's Toning Cleansing Lotion.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
In my opinion the best toner is Citrix antioxidant toner by Replenix. It contains vitamin A, C, E, Green Tea, COQ 10. It is fragrance free and doesnt irritate the skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Check out Platinum Skincare. I use the 10% glycolic toner and it has transformed my skin. I no longer suffer from cystic acne on my chin and jawline. www.platinumskincare.com.

I couldn't live without their toner!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
my favorite is plain old witchazel or rosewater witchhazel. I spray about 5 sprays on my face then wipe away with clean microfiber towel then spray again and press in....love the way it heals things on my skin and its not expensive so i have it in spray bottles and can take 1 to work and one for travel...then one by the sink.
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used a great toner for hyperpigmented skin? Something that doesn't have an opious amount of alcohol in it though because my skin can't handle too much alcohol in a toner. Thanks!
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
pink_planet wrote:
I started using PSF toner (I think it's called R&R?) pretty good. Has lots of good ingredients inside. Smells like cucumber Smile

+2

I use their O2 serum as a toner sometimes when I have redness too. Helps a lot!
Neither of these has alcohol.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:11 am      Reply with quote
pink_planet wrote:
I noticed PSF has a new toner out for oily skin. I'd like to try it with the hot summer weather approaching but want to hear some feedback though first. Has anyone tried this yet??
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:50 am      Reply with quote
PSF R&R Toner is really nice, not expensive and I found it really effective. Another lovely one is the Yonka Toners. I've used one of the Kimberly Sayer toners and really liked it, but have to spray it onto a cotton pad rather than directly on my face because it's so painful if you accidently spray some into your eyes Embarassed
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Im using Elemis Lavander Toner (combination skin) which is just heavenly to use. It has a lovely fragrance and comes in 2 sizes both with spray application which is so much easier than cotton wool. This way Im guaranteed to use it, where as putting toner on to cotton wool just doesnt work with me. Aparently every time you have used water on your face you should use a toner as water disrupts the skins ph level.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
seems many of you have tried PSF R & R toner, maybe I should buy one to try. thx all
NJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I love PSF R&R toner too. It's cheap and refreshing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I love Yonka Lotion PNG for Normal to Oily Skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I like Hydraphase toner from LRP. It can sooth and prepare your skin very well. It contains a lot of Sodium PCA.
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:07 am      Reply with quote
PCA Nutrient Toner
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I have heard that toner isn't always a neccessity for skincare and in some cases may dry your skin out. But on that note I have used toner in the past, usually at night after washing off my makeup - helps to get rid of the residue. Make sure you do choose one without alcohol unless you have really oily skin. Biotherm's pink bottle is alcohol free, and I have used it before.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |