Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Nailtiques Formula #2
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I recently ordered Nailtiques Formula #2 and I have to say that I LOVE it! It has strengthened my nails better than any other product out there. My nails are so shiny. It goes on easy and dries super quick too.

It is WAY better than OPI Nail Envy.

If your nails peel and break easily this will help!!!
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:48 am      Reply with quote
I might give this a go! My nails also peel. They used to be super strong when I was a teenager and early 20's. I don't know what happened!

I wonder does anyone know if its a nutritional thing?
Lipstikho

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:37 am      Reply with quote
& completely forgot about using this last night. I have terribly weak nails made even worse with about 5 years of having acrylics. My nails have always been like this since I was a kid so I don't know if it has to do with nutrition.

I'm looking forward to using this as I can't stand sitting in the salon chair anymore but I can't handle my non-existant nails either. I'm really hoping this works. Pray
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you, lianne, this protein coat works well. I use it once every two weeks, just one coat does it for me.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it every second day like it recommends for initial treatment.

I tried gel nails once years ago and those peeled off on me. I think there's a bit of a nutritional thing to having nice nails (gnc sells hair and nail vitamins but they did crap all to me). I think part of it must be genetic as well. (both my mom and grandma have the same probs)
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I used the Nailtiques after artificial kit. I had Acrylics for a good 17 years if not longer. My nails peeled and ver like paper, but now I have beautiful strong nails. Only 2 peel occasionally. Its a fabulous product..

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I also got great results with Nailtiques #2. I had a nail that continually cracked in the same spot and after using this product for a couple of months, it no longer cracks. I also noticed that while I was taking blue-green algae a few years ago, my nails became incredibly strong. I stopped the algae, though, because it was so expensive. Anyone have any remedies for ridges in the nails??? I'd love to get rid of them.
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I too can't say enough about Nailtiques. I wrote the following opinion on Epinions about Nailtiques, so may as well repeat it here rather than reinvent the wheel.

I've been using Nailtiques Formula 2 for six weeks and my nails have never been in better shape. I used to be a nail-biter. My nails had ridges, were weak, brittle and constantly splitting. With Nailtiques, my nails now look fabulous with or without polish.

I followed the instructions meticulously. I didn't shake the product but turned it upside down and rolled it between my palms before using (to blend and eliminate air bubbles). I applied one coat a day for four consecutive days and then used Nailtiques non-acetone remover to remove those coats before beginning the subsequent 4-day sessions. After a month I was able to apply the polish every second day.

Only when the product was three-quarters used did it start to get a little thick so I bought the thinner and applied two drops. Instantly it thinned enough to be easy to use again.

I have nothing but good things to say about this product and I do think it's worth every penny. My nails are hard as rocks, smooth, and beautiful looking. Very easy to file and shape now.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I also like it a lot. I think it really works.
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I found that this is the only product that has worked for me. I finally have long nails.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review - I have been interested in this product for a while.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lianne. I used ir for a few years & was very happy with it. Lately, I've let my nails go.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I started using it several years ago after having acrylic nails for many many years and now I have very nice natural nails. I highly recommend it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. Where does one get it?
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I know CVS Pharmacy and Beauty Brands carry it. I've also purchased it at a nail salon before.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Amazing producy! The 1st nail hardener that delivers! I bought it for my mom and my aunt and they both LOVE IT!
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
This is the best product to strengthen nails!
My DD and I both use it and as long as you apply it according to directions it works miracles on weak nails.
DoubleTrouble
5% products discount

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that this is an excellent
product. In my experience, being consistent
with using it is the key. I put it on my
nightstand as a reminder to put another coat
on. They have a nice cuticle oil, too. Smile
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
This sounds just what my pathetic nails need.
Does anyone in the London area know where I can buy this product?
I've already tried Boots, Superdrug and Debenhams.
TIA
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
This sounds just what my pathetic nails need.
Does anyone in the London area know where I can buy this product?
I've already tried Boots, Superdrug and Debenhams.
TIA

I think I've seen Nailtiques in Space NK, but check before you try there. Also, I'm pretty sure some of the big London stores, like Harrods and Harvey Nics, will sell it.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Hello Majorb,
Many thanks for suggesting where to try for Nailtiques. Unfortunately, none of those places sold it Sad
Fortunately, I have a friend who works near Whiteleys, and she knew of a salon there which does sell it. So she got me the Formula 2 today. Very Happy
Here's hoping it works.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've used this and I was happy with it. I don't like the fact that the brush cannot touch the bottom of the bottle and you can't use up all of the nail hardiner. Sad
suzielap
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I use this product and my nails are longer than when I had Gel Nails. I bought it for my mom and my aunt and they had the same amazing results. A MUST HAVE!!!!!!
marmys
5% products discount

Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:57 am      Reply with quote
I have terrible weak peeling nails and will definitely be giving this product a try!
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:56 am      Reply with quote
I used to think this was the best thing ever, but it irritates my skin - like everything else.

I think it is similar to OPI nail envy, for reference.

If you are looking for a more natural nail polish/treatment, but that is still effective, I would give Barielle nail growth creme a look. HTH.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |