Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

H.A. Serum irritable?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JesseGirl
5% products discount

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Hello there!

I just received yesterday the H.A. Serum from PSF. I have noticed that my skin is slightly (very slightly) irritated. I have very sensitive skin. Its only in a couple spots.

Is this normal? Is there an adjustment period with it?

thnx
havana8

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Where are you using it in your routine, JesseGirl? Also, is your environment really dry?
JesseGirl
5% products discount

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Yes, my environment is very, very dry.

I just started a new regimen, but didn't notice the irritaion until yesterday when I introduce the serum.

AM: Vit-C, wait the appropriate time. Then Emu oil, then the HA

PM: Retin-A, .04%, then the HA. I am in-between night creams right now...

Am I doing anything wrong?
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I use the HA serum and don't have any problems with it, I only use it under my moisturizer though
havana8

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
HA can be drying when used by itself and particularly if the environment is really dry. Since it draws (and retains) moisture from the air, I would try applying a moisturizer over top so it has something to pull moisture from. You could also trying mixing it with your Emu Oil or layering HA-EMU-HA.
sally72
5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:20 am      Reply with quote
I use H.A. serum twice a day and it is supposed to have a moisturizing effect. But I also place a moisturizer over it each time, so maybe that is the problem. Maybe you need to start using a moisturizer over it!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I agree with havana, layering the emu oil and HA is a great idea.

is the vit C and retin-A part of your new regimen? If so, I would be looking first at those to be the culprit. I don't think HA would cause irritation after one day of use.

I have dry, sensitive skin, and have no probs with HA. However, I have had problems in the past with vit C products and retin-A products, but the irritation doesn't typically show up immediately. It's after you've been using it for a week or more that you will notice the irritation.

My suggestion is to keep using the HA and emu, but stop the vit C and retin-A for a week or two, and see if your skin improves. If it does, then introduce only one of the products, use for a week, and see how that goes.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed the irritation is only when I use the HA at night, after my Retin-A. So I am going to cut down the Retin-A use and make sure not to user them together.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hello JesseGirl Smile

Sound like you are using several product that have the potential to be drying (RetinA, Vit C). When my face becomes dry it is sensitive (almost feels chapped). HA serum is a wonderful product to lock in moisture. However, you must place a moisturizer over it.

I question if Emu Oil is the correct product over HA Think . Would like to hear other users opinions on this.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
JesseGirl wrote:
I noticed the irritation is only when I use the HA at night, after my Retin-A. So I am going to cut down the Retin-A use and make sure not to user them together.

That makes sense to me, JesseGirl! I wonder if the HA is somehow intensifying the retin-A.

Winnie - sometimes I mix the emu oil and HA in the palm of my hand, then apply. Sometimes I apply the emu oil first, then apply the HA over it. These two methods cut down on the oily feel of the emu.

I'm also interested in what others have to say! Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |