Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Emu Oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sienna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Please don't flame me Embarassed I know it's made from birds, and I haven't tried it yet... I got flamed on another forum for even asking about this product, so I apologise in advance if it offends anyone. I have read that Emu Oil is really a wonderful product for soothing and moisturising the skin. May I please ask a few questions?
-Does it cause break outs ?
-Can it be used in place of a moisturiser?
-Is there any alternative that is as GOOD as emu oil without harming birdies?
-Does it smell bad?
-Which brand would you recommend?
FizzyBubbles
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
LL Processors is an excellent website for emu oil.

Emu birds are not killed ONLY for the oil. The are farmed for other reasons (meat, feathres, etc.) and the oil is extracted after they are dead.

Refined emul oil has no odor. You do not need the ultra refined unless you like to spend money.

Emu oil has the same pH as skin so the skin "accepts" it very readily. It is also the deepest penetrating of the oils used in skincare so if it is applied over treatments or other actives, it helps get those treatments deeper into the skin where they can do more good.

It is the "heaviest" of the skin oils - just a little goes a long way. It completely replaces moisturizers. Other excellent skin oils are jojoba and squalane (derivative of olive oil). There are others, too, such as grapeseed and apricot kernel and sweet almond.

GardenOfWisdom has some good oils and explanations. Click on carrier/exotic oils.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sienna sorry to here that you got torched. I have bought DremuOil, the 100% oil as well as the eye cream. It really doesn't smell and it is quite thick, I only used it at night. I did notice good results but I think I was overdoing it, I am going to give this another try. The reality is we probably don't want to know where most of our stuff comes from but in this case at least the entire animal is being used....

FizzyBubbles thanks for the great info and website. I had no idea about the penetration advantage of emu oil but it would explain why my face felt like it was on fire after I wiped Glygolic Acid 20% and then applied the DremuOil Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely adore emu oil. I purchase it from Platinum skincare and use it in conjunction with 10% glyolic toner and copper serum. My cystic acne has completely cleared. Love these products!
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Dremu brand (but I DO love to spend lots of $$!!) Laughing Laughing

Personally, I add a few drops to my moisturizer and find that works really well. Once thing I have noticed is that it moisturizes really nicely but it definately doesn't reverse dry skin back to normal (but maybe that's asking too much from it!)

Definately doesn't smell. Has a beautiful slip to it and absorbs into the skin very fast. My skin has never glowed like this before! Midday, I'll rub a couple of drops on my fingertips and pat the apples of my cheeks with it.........instant glow!!! Love it!!

I haven't experienced breakouts with this product at all.
Sienna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'll look into all your suggestions....many thanks! The Dremu oil sounds promising.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
If you live in Ontario, there are many emu farms in the Southwestern region, particularly around St. Thomas. I have heard great things about the restorative properties of emu oil.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Another Emu oil lover here. Fizzybubbles provided you with excellent product info - so nothing more to add other than my recommendation for Dremu oil. It does cost more but in my opinion it is better than the others. It is completely odorless and most importantly it absorbs much faster than the other brands I have tried.

If $$ is a concern, there are other brands that are very good, have no odor and cost far less but Dremu is just a cut above (IMHO)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I love Emu Oil as well and have not broken out from using it. As others have noted, a little does go a long way so you do not need to use a lot of oil to cover your face, and a bottle will last for several months.

I have also purchased Emu Oil from LBProcessors (www.lbprocessors.com ) and was pleased with their products. Initially, I ordered their Country Devine Clear Emu Oil, but discovered from a friend that their Ultra Emu Oil is superior as far as 'slip' is concerned (meaning it spreads across your skin with ease). So if you do decide to order from LBProcessors, try the Country Devine Ultra Emu Oil first. It does not have any odor (none of the LBProcessor products do), has a very nice 'slip' to it, and absorbs into your skin quickly.

Though there are many here who love Dremu Oil, they are really over paying for this product as they can obtain an oil that is virtually identical through LBProcessors for half the price.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass - I saw that Ultra Devine on their website so you would recommend that over "regular" emu oil if you were going to use just on your face?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Emu oil works really well for me in the winter time when my face tends to get dry. In the summer, however, I think it's too much for my skin. I combination normal/dry skin. No odor.
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is a bit over the top that you got flamed for asking about emu oil.
I just wanted to point out that Emu's are native to Australia and are commercially farmed - they are not endangered and they are (as someone else also mentioned) used for meat firstly.
It is a very different situation to say whaling. It is akin to farming sheep for lamb and then using the lanolin Smile
Also, aboriginals have been using emu oil for thousands of years for its healing qualities.
I use it for my eczema and it is the best product I have ever come across (I tried many!) - but as of yet have never tried it for skincare - though I have heard others swear by it...
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:15 am      Reply with quote
I am another who gets my emu oil from LB Processors. I use the Ultra Emu Oil on my face and neck at night--one dropper full plus 2 drops of PSF's HA Serum. I have tried several emu oils, and the Ultra is lighter and does absorb better but it's too expensive to use all over. I use LB's regular emu oil on my body after a shower (actually, I've started alternating days with avocado oil, which I also really like). I LOVE LB's Country Divine Lip Balm (check out those wonderful ingredients). I've tried a couple of LB's starter kits to sample their other products but do not care for anything else except that lip balm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I too use emu oil from LB Processors - great product and great service Exclamation
JesseGirl
5% products discount

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive skin and the Emu oil has not been irrating or caused any breakouts. I also use it on my 1yr-old son for mild ezcema. Great stuff and in Mtl its produced locally so I am supporting our local farmers too!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:48 am      Reply with quote
JesseGirl wrote:
I have very sensitive skin and the Emu oil has not been irrating or caused any breakouts. I also use it on my 1yr-old son for mild ezcema. Great stuff and in Mtl its produced locally so I am supporting our local farmers too!

You inspired me to find a local emu ranch and I was able to. The best part is they sell their product at a health food store 2 blocks from where I live - I will be stopping by after work to get some.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I really like Dremu brand. I know it is expensive but it last me a very long time. The consistency is light, sinks right in and no oily residue. When my skin is dry I add a drop to my moisturizer.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
ScotsLass - I saw that Ultra Devine on their website so you would recommend that over "regular" emu oil if you were going to use just on your face?

Hi Alley - Yes, I do recommend the Ultra Emu Oil over LBProcessor's "Regular" or "Clear" oil for use on your face. The consistency is different between the Ultra and Clear. I find that the Ultra spreads across my skin with ease, whereas the Clear is a little 'sticky' upon initial application. I tend to add a drop of water to the Clear to gain additional 'slip' so that the oil glides over my face. I don't need to do this with the Ultra. Some may not experience this quirk with the Clear Oil but I have dry skin so I tend to need a bit more slip when I use most non-oily oils.

I hope that the emu oil you intend to buy locally is nice, however, don't give up on the oil if it isn't what you expected. Not all emu oils are created equally and those for the body are much heavier than the oils for your face (such as LB Processors Ultra and Clear, and of course, Dremu). How the oil is refined makes a big difference also.

Hope to hear of your first impressions once you try your new oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I really like Dremu brand. I know it is expensive but it last me a very long time. The consistency is light, sinks right in and no oily residue. When my skin is dry I add a drop to my moisturizer.

Winnie - Have you ever tried LB Processor's Clear or Ultra emu oil? I am not exaggerating when I say that these oils are virtually identical to Dremu.

What many may not know is that LB Processor's SUPPLIES the owner of Dremu with her oil! Shock So why pay double the price for fancy packaging and marketing when you can source the same product from the supplier at less than half the cost!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
i love emu oil. i really like the dremu brand as well, but have used other brands with good results too.it is really moisturising, and is close to the feel of your own sebum. my husband also swears by iy for t's healing properties. whenever there is a rash or a cut, he puts it on and it heals up really fast.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
hi, I have been using Blue Gum natural emu oil for a month now. you don't need much. I have had no spots and am happy with it.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have been a LB Processor customer also and
am happy with the products and service.
There have been so many raves about Dremu.
Is the LB Ultra the same as Dremu ?

Smile
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I use the oil from a local emu rancher. I think the 1 ounce is $10. I love it!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16815&highlight=emu

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if I can use Emu oil with Obagi?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
Can anyone tell me if I can use Emu oil with Obagi?

You could use the emu oil with Obagi, especially if your skin is dry. My understanding is that emu oil really doesn't effect other products just gives you added moisture and helps what products you use before it or mixed with it penetrate the skin deeper.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |