Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Some questions about La Roche Posay Hydraphase SPF 30!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased this at my local Shoppers Drug Mart cuz I heard some good reviews about it and also it contains 4% Mexoryl. But it seems the PPD of this is not too high at around 8-10 and some said around 12. So I don't know who to trust. If any of you ladies here know the exact PPD of this, would you be so kind to let me know? Very Happy I tried to run this thru the CIBA Sunscreen Simulator but not sure how to work it as it has no Mexoryl for me to choose from.

Also, for any of you ladies that use this before, did you develop any sort of reactions to it such as allergies or breakouts? I noticed that it contains parabens hhm Sad

Finally, do u need a heavy duty cleanser to remove it such as a cleansing oil? Or a regular cleanser will do such as a cleansing milk? Thanks so much!! Smile
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
No replies? Sad So nobody is using this moisturizer? I tried it this morning. It's actually quite moisturizing for dry/normal skin. It acts as a nice base for MMU too. If it has a higher PPD, then it'll definitely be my HG!
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Stardustdy,

I get annoyed when no one replies. =p

I have never used this brand, but I just started using Sofina Nuance, and I know because of it's ingredients, it can leave a residue if you don't use a good cleanser. I use Naturderm's face wash and haven't had a problem getting the Sofina off. I think if you see how your skin looks and feel in a couple weeks, you'll know if you cleanser is enough.

I didn't see this particular SPF on their site, but the Hydraphase with SPF 15 had a PPD of 12.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you my sushi secret for replying! I guess I'm posting something that's not of interest to others so that's why nobody replied. Sad

I tried Sofina sunscreen too and was told that a cleansing oil is needed to remove it completely. Is your Naturderm's face wash a cleansing oil?

So where did u get the info that Hydraphase SPF 15 has a PPD of 12? Thanks! Smile
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Stardustdy. I have a bottle of the Hydraphase UV but only used it a couple of times. I actually asked about the PPD on this board but only after I bought it and recall getting a response that it was pretty low (6 or 8 or 10???). So, I stopped using it because I need higher protection (have melasma). I used my normal cleansing approach which removes everything (avocado oil followed by another cleanser) so don't know if it's real hard to remove. As far as irritation...I didn't use it very long but didn't develop any immediate reaction to it.

Hope this helps.
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
I just purchased this at my local Shoppers Drug Mart cuz I heard some good reviews about it and also it contains 4% Mexoryl. But it seems the PPD of this is not too high at around 8-10 and some said around 12. So I don't know who to trust. If any of you ladies here know the exact PPD of this, would you be so kind to let me know? Very Happy I tried to run this thru the CIBA Sunscreen Simulator but not sure how to work it as it has no Mexoryl for me to choose from.

Stardustdy I do not know the PPD of this product but here are some helpful hints for using the CIBA Simulator.

-Make sure that the region is not set for US. Change this to "all filters". If it is set for the US none of the Mexoryls will show.

-Mexoryl SX is listed as Terephthalylidene Dicamphor Sulfonic Acid and also Ecamsule on the Ciba Simulator.

-Mexoryl XL is listed as Drometrizole TriSiloxane on the Ciba Simulator.

Keep in mind that the Ciba PPD is only an estimate so it is not really the "exact" PPD for any sunscreen. Your best bet would be to contact LRP and ask them what the tested PPD is.

Quote:
I guess I'm posting something that's not of interest to others so that's why nobody replied.

This is of interest to me but I do not read the forum everyday and even on days I visit I do not read all the posts on the forum. I am sure that others are the same. It is easy to miss topics. Even interesting ones! Wink
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks h.kitty! That's very helpful info for using the CIBA Simulator Smile

I guess not everyone can go on EDS all the time like me cuz I work at the computer almost everyday. So whenever I feel like slacking off, I just come up here Very Happy
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
The Naturderm cleaner is a liquid with a foaming pump. It has oils it, but it's not an oil cleaser. It works well though; it gets eyeliner off easily when I don't use eye makeup remover.

I saw the PPD of the other LRP product on their site.

http://www.la-rocheposay.net/hydraphase_xl_riche.htm
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this particular ss/moisturizer for a couple of years. I like it for a lot of reasons...
1)no breakouts
2)compatiable with my MMU
3)I can use this around my eyes
4)It feels like a moisturizer not a sunscreen

This is my everyday sunscreen. You will find a higher PPD in the Euro ss but I don't want to order online. Also I spend very little time actually out in the sun and will wear a different more protective sunscreen if I do.

I wrote a review on Makeupalley and some other ss are reviewed.

I use Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm at night.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |