Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

More questions about LED light devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I saw the light that Nanci sells at NCN and then I read about the Lightstim from this forum and also babyQ. What is a girl to do so many decisions. I don't have break out issues, very slight pigmentation, alittle sag, and some break down of skin below the eye socket. My skin is very normal and not sensitive. I use the derma roller, Nuface, and flexeffect exercises. Should a LED light be in the picture for me??? . If so what is the best deal going.
Toby
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
You have enough equipment. Using each piece as often as directed and for the exact amount of time each treatment adds up to - what? - an hour a day? Are you doing it? If you are, have you noticed any changes in six weeks of use from any of the pieces you already have?

The three pieces all promise to do the same thing. If one works, then you don't need the other two. If you've used them as directed for three to six weeks and don't see any difference, then none of them is working for you. Trash them.

Lights promise to tighten skin and fill lines and creases, by stimulating collagen and elastin production, same as your other three pieces.

Lights additionally promise to improve pigmentation and textural irregularities on the skin surface. You can get the same results (or lack thereof) with daily exfol and a twice-monthly light peel, all followed by nourishing, moisturizing topicals.

--------------

I use LightStim every day without fail. I put on asorbic acid dissolved in water every morning and sunscreen over that without fail. Twice a month, I roll in the Vitamin C with the Dermaroller. At night, I rub coconut milk all over me, let it sit until it dries, take my bath and follow with a daily AHA moisturizer or avocado oil all over me. My skin feels like satin and glows as it never did before menopause. I look twenty years younger than I am.

It takes nearly two hours a day, every day. The equipment probably helps, but it's the time that matters most, I think.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
For the last month I've been using the Anti Aging Lightstim and like it very much - in my opinion, it's better than the Baby Q (which I also have). The general consensus of opinion regarding LEDs is that they work best when held in close contact to the skin.

Also, the Lightstim is absolutely wonderful to use after needling with the Dermaroller. It's so soothing and I find it takes away allot of the redness.

Now Toby, own up, aren't you into the facial cupping as well?! I can't wait for my Vaculift to arrive. Yes, the time all this beautification takes is ridiculous - but I'm retired and my kids have grown up so, at the moment, I'm into "me" time - and, I think, it's fun. Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes I have the vaculift. I too have grown children and now three dogs and a grandchild nearby. It's all about trying to make up for lost time when it was given so much to everyone else. Strangely, I have zero guilt and lots of fun!!!
Toby
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I saw the light that Nanci sells at NCN and then I read about the Lightstim from this forum and also babyQ. What is a girl to do so many decisions. I don't have break out issues, very slight pigmentation, alittle sag, and some break down of skin below the eye socket. My skin is very normal and not sensitive. I use the derma roller, Nuface, and flexeffect exercises. Should a LED light be in the picture for me??? . If so what is the best deal going.
Toby

I wrote about 3 of the LED products:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26120

For some people cost will be a factor and what you get may come down to what you can afford right now. For the issues you speak of, for cost the Lightstim is the best out of the three I tried but the Baby Quasar gives faster results. Now, Lightstim has come out with a pro model and I'd like to see how well that one works compared to the original. The conclusion I came to was the lights I used work but you have to use them faithfully cause if you don't how could you expect them to work. Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |