Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The super acne busting team
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi,guys.

I have waited a month now to post a review on two products that I started using.After a looooong research I decided to try out Lavera young faces moisturizing fluid and Quantum Hydrox Skin Spa 5% glycolic acid face wash.
Moisturizing fluid
Heal, moisturize and protect all at once with this soothing, balancing moisturizer for oily and acne-prone skin. Organic mint, rosemary, tea tree, zinc, dead sea salts and hyaluronic acid combine to offer multiple skincare benefits, calming inflamed areas, restoring skin's natural moisture balance and providing an anti-bacterial action.
http://www.lavera.com/products.php?p=product&id=139&parent=13
This stuff is wonderful,within days my skin tone got soooo much better.I am normally very pail and acne treatments bleach my skin even more,so this was a nice break from that.When you put this on your skin tightens a bit-but not the dry/tight feeling,rather a nice pores/firming up feeling.Plus the acne fighting abilities are definitly there.I have to warn though this will cause some purging.During the first week the black spots on my nose were coming out like crazy :-& Also this does control the oilies as well.It's not amazing at that but enough to notice.

Ingredients CTFA/INCI: Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Alcohol, Glycerin, Zinc Lactate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil*, Tricaprylin, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glyceryl Oleate Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Chondrus Crispus (Carageenan), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Water*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water*, Lysolecithin, Althaea Officinalis Extract*, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Water*, Ascophyllum Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Water*, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex (CI 75810), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum)**, Citral**, Limonene**, Linalool** * ingredients from certified organic agriculture
** natural essential oils

Quantum Hydrox
https://www.cloverdalewellness.com/store/quantum-hydrox
This is a Vancouver based company.This wash is very nice.I leave it on for a minute or so.It's not too drying but it is an amazing exfoliator.You don't need a lot of it.It is ph balanced,soap and fragrance free.
Ingridients:aloe vera,glycolic,lactic,citric acids,extracts of chamomile and echinacea,lauryl polyglucose coco-betaine,panthenol(provitamin B5),cocomide dea,glycerine,germaben II.

I have used La roche posay before and raved about it.But I noticed that at a certain point it didn't do more for my skin.It kept it at a certain level but I had these teeny-tiny bumps all over my skin that would not go away.These two products are amazing.My skin is way clearer and healthier looking.And as for the purging bit-totally worth the wait Cool
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
wow, I have to try out the quantum hydrox face wash- especially since it is a local company as well.
I have been doing quite well with my spectrojel for senstitive skin though.
clear skin addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, those products sound interesting. I hate having acnegenic skin and always having to test and throw away expensive cleansers. That is why I love these forums I guess...you get real opinions first.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the information. Do you use any sunscreen on top of them? I will definitely try these two products to see if they work wonders as well.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I know, I hate that the acne products makes you look even more pale. Plus you have to try to stay out of the sun and use sunscreen too. Thanks for the info, sounds like a good product to try out.
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
Thank you for the information. Do you use any sunscreen on top of them? I will definitely try these two products to see if they work wonders as well.

I am using a pearl finishing powder with some spf in it.But I am on a look out for a good sunscreen.They are so difficult especially with oily acne-prone skin. Rolling Eyes
By the way.The lavera website has a sale on right now on this product.My first tube is finishing up and when I checked yesterday it was 20 % off. Exclamation
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just looked in the mirror and there is now gunk coming out of the pores in my cheeks.It's rediculous how gross this is Embarassed and yet somehow satisfying Laughing
acne_nomore

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I have been using quantum hydrox products for over a month now and this is the first time that I bothered to register for products review group, so that I can share with other people that a particular product really works without hurting your pocket so much.

I have an acne-prone skin with dark spots from sun burn and pregnancy. Way before I got pregnant I already suffered from acne and hyperpigmentation.
I was advised by my dermatologist to go on glycolic peel treatment, however, I decided not too because it is quite pricey.

I went to a shoppers drugmart near my place and asked for products that contain glycolic acid and they recommended quantum hydrox, since the prices of the products under this brand are about 50% cheaper than other product lines, I immediately bought a set except for the eyezone cream (I will be trying it out soon). After a week of using the product, I immediately noticed an improvement in my skin!
achokshi12

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just actually started using Neutrogena SkinID and I thought it is fantastic, besides the fact that it really drys up my skin so a moisturizer with it is definitely needed but this looks real good.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |