Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

cleanser for dry,dehydrated,sensitive skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I need a cleanser for extremely dry, dehydrated, sensitive skin. (Does such a product exist?) I have tried the Dermalogica, Dr. Renaud, Orlane cleansers without success (hard to believe, but true!) Oh, I will be 50 years old in a few months. Does this type of skin come with the fifties? Gee, I hope not! Can anyone help me. Thank you.
Caspers Mum

Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hormonal changes in the 50's, be it perimenopause or the onset of menopause itself, can cause a lot of changes in a woman's skin. With reduced estrogen-production, skin can become drier. But hope is not lost!!!

Some gentle cleansers that you may want to consider: Phytomer Accept Neutralizing Cleanser, Cellcosmet Purifying Gel, Decleor Soothing Cleansing Water, Sothys Soothing Beauty Milk, or Dr. Irena Eris Cleansing Milk for Dialated Capillaries.

Know that you are always welcome to call the spa, and place an order for samples.

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Casper's Mum! I will look into the cleansers you have recommended. It's nice to know there's still hope for good skin.
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest using Syneon Skin Norma Cream. It repairs damaged skin. it's hypollergenic pH balanced. it's really good formulated with Urea and Lactic Acid plus allantoin. I used it once because my skin was so dry and it gives a lot of moisture to it.

.e s c e n t s.
Glow
5% products discount

Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
hi leeleedeelee,
i reckon you should give decleor cleansing oil a try. when you say your skin is sensitive do you mean it breaks out to everything and anythng or is really dehydrated or both? i think cleansing oil is very soothing and does not let your skin dry out.
Mabsy

Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure Leeleedeedee ended up trying the Decleor Cleansing Oil and liked it too (she's the one that recommended it to me Very Happy ). Mind you this original post dates back to Feb 2003 Laughing

For what it's worth, I think Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk would be good to try as well Wink

Mabsy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Mabsy, the Decleor Cleansing Oil was good and I'm still thinking of repurchasing. But, I still have some dehydration, so I was just wondering if there was something else I could use.

Unfortuneately, my skin broke out with the Dr. H. cleansing milk. It's strange because I can use all of the other products without any other problems. I'm very disappointed because I really wanted it to work for me. But, that's the problem with sensitive skin. It gets irritated or breaks out with certain products, even good ones that are all natural like Dr. H. I guess it's just a matter of "trial and error." Keep trying until I find the perfect cleanser. Doubt
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:14 am      Reply with quote
have you tried those balm type clensers like liz earle or eve lom? I ask as I use a boots version (ie dead cheap Very Happy) and I find it really gentle and non-irritating
liz x

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive skin and my favorite is Eminence Organics sweet red rose cleanser. It states that it is suitable for sensitive skin. It is a milky cleanser so it shouldn't be drying and the smell is gorgeous!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Girls,

No, Gupagirl, I have never tried liz earle or eve lom but they sound very interesting.

Thoughtcrime, the Eminence Organics sweet red rose cleanser sounds absolutely divine. Where can one get it? I live in Canada.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee, I know you mentioned the Dr. H milky cleanser broke you out-- I've never used it so I can't compare it to the Eminence Organics one. But the Eminence Organics sweet red rose cleanser has not broken me out. I use it and then I follow up with Dr. H. cleansing cream. Unfortunately you can't order it online, you have to purchase it from a spa that carries the Eminence Organics line. Check outwww.eminenceorganics.com there is a 1-800 # and they are very helpful and nice, and can tell you where there is a spa closest to you that carries it. Let me know how you like it, if you end up using it. It's very soft and light. Wink
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime, thank you very much for the information. I will look into it because it sounds like a product I would like to try. I find it very strange that I broke out with the Dr. H. cleanser. Although I do have sensitive skin I usually tolerate most cleansers. It's ususally the moisturizers and serums that I could possible have a reaction to.

I will let you know how I like the cleanser if I use it. Thanks once again.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh you are so welcome leeleedeedee,
I hope you like it... I love reading your posts. I learn so much from you Surprised
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the very kind words, Thoughtcrime. Unfortuneately, I know next to nothing about skin care. I'm struggling like everyone else, trying to wade through the millions of products out there all claiming to perform miracles. Don't you find it just overwhelming at times? That's why I think this forum is just so terrific. Connecting so many of us together to help us get through this unending maze of skin care products.

Your posts are wonderful too. Don't stop Smile
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I tried several cleansers for my eczema until my derm. recommeded "Cetaphil" gentle cleansing wash. BOY, it works wonders Smile It is sold in Walmart (if u live in US) & is under $5.00 per bottle.

I'm in my twenties, however I'm quite certain this product will help u2. Hope this info. helps u. take care Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:14 am      Reply with quote
try Decleor cleansing oil, they are good for dry and sensitive skin. Very Happy
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Ice Elements cream cleanser for normal to dry skin does it for me.

The ingredients include pharmaceutical grade aloe vera and squalane.

My skin used to be so dry that it was flakey and ashy... no more!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Although my first recommendation would be Cleansing Milk from Dr. H. if that breaks you out then my next would be cetaphil...I also have very sensitive skin and I never ever had an issue with Cetaphil.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |