Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Purging/Yonka Pure Concentrate Emulsion Question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!

I have started using the Yonka Pure Concentrate Emulsion about three weeks ago. I was broken out a bit when I started using it and noticed that the first few applications really improved my skin tone-I was less red and it decreased the size of my pimples. I continue to use it and have noticed that I'm breaking out more frequently-especially on the forehead and around the nose area. Is this my skin purging?
How long does it take for your skin to completely purge, and if I continue to use the product later as a spot treatment will it make my skin purge again?

I also have a question for those of you who have used the Yonka Pure Emulsion....
How do you use the product efficiently?

I have been using the product for three weeks and only have a half a bottle remaining! Shock I started by using those round cotton pads soaked in emulsion and pressing it to the area for 15 minutes. However, I needed to cover a larger area (I wish I had just a spot or two!) so I started to use a single piece of toliet paper, ripped in half. It seemed as if the toliet paper required me to use less emulsion (as it took more drops to make the cotton pad even wet enough for my skin to feel the emulsion at all!) and I could cover a larger area at once with the toliet paper. I guess I'm just wondering if I'm using this product the best way possible-and if anyone knows of a better method, please let me know! I don't want to be wasting it and am pretty surprised I'm down half a bottle already!

PS I know you're all wondering and yes, it is very attractive to walk around your house with various pieces of toliet paper hanging off your face like an Egyptian mummy! Laughing

Thanks again guys!
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Nothing-not even on the skin purging?!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Kel wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I have started using the Yonka Pure Concentrate Emulsion about three weeks ago. I was broken out a bit when I started using it and noticed that the first few applications really improved my skin tone-I was less red and it decreased the size of my pimples. I continue to use it and have noticed that I'm breaking out more frequently-especially on the forehead and around the nose area. Is this my skin purging?
How long does it take for your skin to completely purge, and if I continue to use the product later as a spot treatment will it make my skin purge again?

I also have a question for those of you who have used the Yonka Pure Emulsion....
How do you use the product efficiently?

I have been using the product for three weeks and only have a half a bottle remaining! Shock I started by using those round cotton pads soaked in emulsion and pressing it to the area for 15 minutes. However, I needed to cover a larger area (I wish I had just a spot or two!) so I started to use a single piece of toliet paper, ripped in half. It seemed as if the toliet paper required me to use less emulsion (as it took more drops to make the cotton pad even wet enough for my skin to feel the emulsion at all!) and I could cover a larger area at once with the toliet paper. I guess I'm just wondering if I'm using this product the best way possible-and if anyone knows of a better method, please let me know! I don't want to be wasting it and am pretty surprised I'm down half a bottle already!

PS I know you're all wondering and yes, it is very attractive to walk around your house with various pieces of toliet paper hanging off your face like an Egyptian mummy! Laughing Oh geez sorry to hear Kel. Skin does not purge itself. Skin reacts only to a change in your skin care routine and/or reacts to the active ingredients in the product. I would stay with your half bottle. As for the blemishes, if you have any BHA (beta hydroxy acid), use that on your breakouts in the meantime. I use Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA and always keep a bottle around for my ahem...occasional breakout. They clear up quite nicely, sometimes overnight! HTHs!

Thanks again guys!
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh geez sorry to hear Kel. Skin does not purge itself. Skin reacts only to a change in your skin care routine and/or reacts to the active ingredients in the product. I would stay with your half bottle. As for the blemishes, if you have any BHA (beta hydroxy acid), use that on your breakouts in the meantime. I use Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA and always keep a bottle around for my ahem...occasional breakout. They clear up quite nicely, sometimes overnight! HTHs!

Oh really?! I've heard the term used so often on this forum....
So I guess the pure concentrate is not for me. Weird b/c it seemed okay as a spot treatment but when I use it all over I seem to break out. I thought it was just temporary. I use saciliyic acid currently for breakouts-how does that differ from BHA?

Thanks for the tip!
Kel
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kel wrote:
Oh geez sorry to hear Kel. Skin does not purge itself. Skin reacts only to a change in your skin care routine and/or reacts to the active ingredients in the product. I would stay with your half bottle. As for the blemishes, if you have any BHA (beta hydroxy acid), use that on your breakouts in the meantime. I use Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA and always keep a bottle around for my ahem...occasional breakout. They clear up quite nicely, sometimes overnight! HTHs!

So I guess the pure concentrate is not for me. Weird b/c it seemed okay as a spot treatment but when I use it all over I seem to break out. I thought it was just temporary. I use saciliyic acid currently for breakouts-how does that differ from BHA?

Thanks for the tip!
Kel
Salicylic is a form of BHA and is an anti irritant and gets right into the pores to clean it out. BHA is the general term used, so its very good to keep break outs under control or if you have a good complexion, it'll keep it nicer!
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Kel wrote:

Thanks for the tip!
Kel
Salicylic is a form of BHA and is an anti irritant and gets right into the pores to clean it out. BHA is the general term used, so its very good to keep break outs under control or if you have a good complexion, it'll keep it nicer!

Ohhhh, well I hope it works better than Salicyclic because it's doesn't seem to help me much! Where do you purchase BHA?
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I tired the yonka emulsion a while ago and found it did nothing for my spots, no reduction what so ever.
I did use cotton gauze cut up in to little pieces, soaked the emulsion on to them and pressed them on the offenders. I didn't see any difference at all.
I have heard that the yonka products do make your skin purge at first- you may want to PM or look for posts from chunlisa, she has great information on Yonka products.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Kel wrote:
SusieQ wrote:
Kel wrote:

Thanks for the tip!
Kel

Ohhhh, well I hope it works better than Salicyclic because it's doesn't seem to help me much! Where do you purchase BHA?
I get mine from cosmeticscop.com
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |