Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Fluid foundation or Mineral foundation?which one is better?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jessicahe
5% products discount

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Is bare minerals good? really want to try.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Do a search for MMU or mineral makeup and you will find a huge amount of info on different brands, enough to keep you reading for days! It really depends on your needs or desired finish though.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
There are many mineral options and you would be smart to research more than one. Make sure you look at the ingredients if you are sensitive to things like bismuth oxychloride or if you try to avoid talc. I like mineral make up for many years but have gone back to more liquid or cream to powder types as my skin matures. They seem to be better for fine lines, wrinkles and pores, at least on me.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Oakview wrote:
There are many mineral options and you would be smart to research more than one. Make sure you look at the ingredients if you are sensitive to things like bismuth oxychloride or if you try to avoid talc. I like mineral make up for many years but have gone back to more liquid or cream to powder types as my skin matures. They seem to be better for fine lines, wrinkles and pores, at least on me.

Which liquid or cream to powder foundation works for you? I ask because I seem to have similar skin issues as you've mentioned - fine lines, wrinkles, pores. Thanks!
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I like jane iredale's pressed powder.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I highly suggest you to try mineral products. I love them. id bare mineral line is the best I found so far but its not offered on-line and there is not discount.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
It really depends on your skin. The only way to find out is to get some samples and see if they work on you. I have never had any luck with mineral foundation. I've tried 9 different brands and they all look awful on me. A friend of mine is a makeup artist, and even when she applies them to me, they make me look about 5 years older. This is despite the fact that I have oily skin and look good in ordinary pressed powder foundations. On the other hand I have several friends who look absolutely flawless using mineral foundations. Luckily you can get cheap samples on Ebay, and many other brands selling online have really cheap sample sets so trial and error won't cost you much.
sally72
5% products discount

Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I've read that mineral makeup/foundation is very good for problematic skin. It supposively does not clog pores, etc. It really does depend on what you are looking for. But I have read that Bare Essentials has great products that tons of women are raving about over the Internet.
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I've recently switched to mineral foundations. I'm pretty happy with the results thus far. There are TONNES of online MMU sources so I would recommend getting samples from some of these places first to see which you like better. I'm pretty pleased with Everyday Minerals, much cheaper than BE. I still use liquid foundation when I'm going out somewhere special at night though.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'm switching back to liquid foundation for a little while. It seems my skin is changing and I can "see" the make up vs it blending nicely with my skin. Shucks, because I just learned about Meow MMU from another forum member and like the colors for my asian skin. After trying a sample, I rushed to order a mini size. However, now that I've tried it for a few days, it doesn't look as nice as I first thought - I hate when I do this!! Anyway, I still like it but will try it again in the summer.

In the meantime, after checking reviews on MUA, I decided to try a sample of the Estee Lauder Light Double Wear liquid foundation. I think I'm liking it! The color #2 works for my skin. I'm finding it to feel light but provide med coverage. My fine wrinkles are still there but look softer somehow. I'm almost afraid to buy it and change my mind again!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Keep in mind that MMU also comes in liquid forms too. I know NCN sells one, but I think the colors are limited.

I personally use Raesin Images (aka Color ID), which has an extensive color line, several formulations (sheer, high coverage, cream, liquid, concealer, etc.), and super fast shipping. They produce many of the private label lines out there, but I am not sure which ones.

They also do NOT use bismuth, which made my face itch like crazy when I used BE.

I am currently using the powder product on my T-zone, and am going to try their liquid on the perimeter of my face where it is dryer.

I also like the Neutrogena Glow Sheers.
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love Lumiere Veena Velvet. It is great for oily skin!
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Lumiere's Veena Velvet for almost 8 months now and really like it. I have normal skin with an oily T-zone and this works best for keeping the oiliness under control. (I also use pearl paste prior to MMU application).
If you have oily skin I highly recommend this one. If your skin is normal or normal/dry I recommend Youngbloods liquid mineral make-up. Very nice coverage, good staying power, and looks very natural.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using MMU for YEARS, and have really loved it.
HOWEVER... I woke up one morning about a week ago, and all of a sudden my skin looked so dry with it, and my pores seems to double in size overnight. I actually looked better without the make-up than with it.
So the second day I tried a richer moisturizer underneath my MMU... no better!
The third day I tried a richer moisturizer, and SmashBox photofinish under my MMU...still no better!!
The third day I gave in, and went back to liquid foundation with a very light dusting of MMU on top...that did the trick!!!
I guess at 53 my skin is changing and I will have to tweak my routine.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
luvyourskin, that's what happened to me too! I just turned 49 and it seems my skin changed before my eyes! Shock I'm on the hunt for a new foundation because the MMU just highlights all my wrinkles and doesn't blend well like it used to; I may try it again in the summer or if/when my skin improves (I hope it does anyway). I'm currently trying the Light Double Wear liquid foundation from Estee Lauder; I'm liking it better than the MMU but it's not my ultimate one yet.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with luckylouie,
I've tried so many differnt MMU brands and nothing has worked for me, including the liquid mineral foundations. For me, I felt like all of them took the glow away from my skin and made it look dull, and made pores more noticeable. But alot of others have had success with MMU so you should definatley check out samples before you buy a full size product.

luckylouie wrote:
It really depends on your skin. The only way to find out is to get some samples and see if they work on you. I have never had any luck with mineral foundation. I've tried 9 different brands and they all look awful on me. A friend of mine is a makeup artist, and even when she applies them to me, they make me look about 5 years older. This is despite the fact that I have oily skin and look good in ordinary pressed powder foundations. On the other hand I have several friends who look absolutely flawless using mineral foundations. Luckily you can get cheap samples on Ebay, and many other brands selling online have really cheap sample sets so trial and error won't cost you much.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to switch to mmu, tried BE, EM and Lumiere, but none of them seemed right. They woud start off looking dull and I'd look powdery, then it'd so greasy and darken/turn orange-ish throughout the day. This was despite moisturizing and using pearl creams and pastes.

I find that liquid foundations do a better job at concealing my pores, but because I tend to have oily skin it has a tendency to ball and melt during the days, especially during the summer...

So i'm stuck using MAC studiofix (i know its supposed to be bad) but its not as bad as other makeups I've tried...best of the worst I guess!
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
i love MMU, i like how its quick and easy...to bad its quite messy tho...
i've been using BE, and have order samples from EDM, Alima, and Pure Luxe, cant wait to receive them in the mail~~

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I had used mineral make up in the past, BE, Botany, Monave, GFX, Illuminare, Canary some of these companies are no longer around. I like them and sometimes I don't, right now, I no longer uses MMU, infact I hardly use makeup anymore, and when I do, it's either the YSL tinted moisturizer or the Dior 2 way cake. But lately, I am considering switching back to MMU and the brand that I will go with is Monave. Their ingredients are simple and I trust the owners Smile
Saucy
5% products discount

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
If you decide to try mineral make up, definitely give Everyday Minerals a go. They've got free samplers (you only pay for shipping) and really nice brushes. I haven't tried the other companies, but I think even the ones that charge for samples are pretty cheap so it's not too much money to try it out.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I love fluid foundation because it saves time and better coverage.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
luvyourskin wrote:
I have been using MMU for YEARS, and have really loved it.
HOWEVER... I woke up one morning about a week ago, and all of a sudden my skin looked so dry with it, and my pores seems to double in size overnight. I actually looked better without the make-up than with it.
So the second day I tried a richer moisturizer underneath my MMU... no better!
The third day I tried a richer moisturizer, and SmashBox photofinish under my MMU...still no better!!
The third day I gave in, and went back to liquid foundation with a very light dusting of MMU on top...that did the trick!!!
I guess at 53 my skin is changing and I will have to tweak my routine.

The exact same thing happened to me. I'd been using mineral powder for years, but then, all of a sudden, it wasn't working for me at all - I'm 58 BTW.

So I switched to NCN's Mineral Sheer Tint. Nanci also has a Mineral foundation, but I actually prefer the tinted moisturiser. The coverage is adequate - not too heavy, not too light. I haven't stopped raving about this stuff since I tried it, it's great. I'm now applying it with a synthetic foundation brush and have found I use less product and get a really flawless finish.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
What does NCN stand for...I have never heard of it before here, at least not in Canada!!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Have a look at the website: www.NCNProSkinCare.com

Many people on this forum purchase from Nanci (myself included). Her customer service is great - she is always very helpful.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reminder...I forgot they were the copper peptide people
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |