Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Erase Paste - Benefit
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone can help me. When I bought the Erase Paste at SDM it came in a small box with just the product. Now I'm reading that it should have come with a spatula and how-to's. Anyone else in the same boat?
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have not used this product, but I do believe that it should come with a spatula. I've seen it used and the spatula is for removing the product from the pot and application to the face before using your finger to blend. You would probably be ok with a cotton bud (pull off the tip)to get the product out and maybe use a brush to apply. I've heard that the spatula can make you apply too much of the paste and it is then difficult to blend coz you have too much product. Hope this helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katsey

I finally bought this product and think it is fab. In the store they put loads on and it was ok, but when I played at home I found that you need very little of the product. In fact I do not use the spatula, I just touch my ring finger on the surface of the product and then pat it under my eyes. I think the heat of your finger helps to blend it around the eye area. I would not rub as it is quite thick. I have to say that I can't see it when it is on the skin, just no more black bags.

I did find that it retains a slightly moist look, so if you don't like the dewy look, then a little powder - something like bare escentuals - is great.

Good luck. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Do any of you find that it accentuates fine lines under the eyes? Many of these products do so, which tends to put me off them.
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 3:05 am      Reply with quote
I have found with so many under eye concealers that they make the lines look worse, but this does not seem to. The texture is slightly different to other products - it is quite literally more like a paste. It may take a little practice to get it right and less is most definately more. I use fingers, but a brush may be preferable to you. I do think the heat in the finger blends the product into the skin. I love it. I wear the lightest shade and it is quite light and not too yellow.

Hope that helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Piz wrote:
I have found with so many under eye concealers that they make the lines look worse, but this does not seem to. The texture is slightly different to other products - it is quite literally more like a paste. It may take a little practice to get it right and less is most definately more. I use fingers, but a brush may be preferable to you. I do think the heat in the finger blends the product into the skin. I love it. I wear the lightest shade and it is quite light and not too yellow.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, Piz. That's very helpful indeed. I now intend to try this and also Givenchy's Mr Light.
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Glad I could help, Majorb.

I've not tried the givenchy concealer. Is it just for undereyes? I wonder if the texture is different to erase paste - I've not come across any other undereye concealer that is like the benefit one. I always struggle with the colour - too pink and the black bags look like bruises and too yellow and I look like I didn't do a good cleansing job the night before!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Piz, so what kinda undertone is this then? Neutral? It seems all the products settle into my crease under my eyes and can't cover my circles completely. Although u said this doesn't crease or make lines look worse but I have a feeling that it will be on me Sad Maybe it's my technique?
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Stardustdy

Yes this is quite neutral in the light shade - I can't tell you what the other shades are like. This doesn't seem to sit in any lines. I have had concealers before that make lines where there aren't any, but I think the texture is almost rubbery - sounds funny I know. It is not light and creamy or runny, but equally it is not thick. I do think that it is in the technique of application. Honestly I only touch my finger on the surface of the product and firmly pat it onto the area. I don't rub or try to smear the product. Also I hold my finger for a second on the skin which seems to have the effect of warming the paste into the skin. It does leave a nice dewy finish, so if you like it more matte, some very lightweight powder could work - something like bobbi brown's yellow powder or I use Bare Escentuals. If your skin is drier, then maybe the dewy finish is more desireable.

If you go to a store to check it out, don't let the assistant apply it - they always overload! My friend didn't buy the erase paste for that very reason and I did think twice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I actually went back and apparently it is sold with the spatula and an instruction book. The good people at SDM gave me the 2 extras. I find I do use the spatula to take out the product. Its easier than a brush as my brush tends to hold a lot of the product. And the guide is okay - nothing revolutionary. But the key to the product is less is more. You're right - when they apply it at the stores it does crease, but putting the tiniest dab at home not only de-emphasises fine lines, but also helps with my dark circles.
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad you went to the store, Katesy. Those girls on the cosmetics counters just pile the products on you. Maybe its because they don't have to pay for it themselves. Someone should tell them to be less heavy handed!

What colour did you get?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Piz wrote:
Glad I could help, Majorb.

I've not tried the givenchy concealer. Is it just for undereyes? I wonder if the texture is different to erase paste - I've not come across any other undereye concealer that is like the benefit one. I always struggle with the colour - too pink and the black bags look like bruises and too yellow and I look like I didn't do a good cleansing job the night before!!

I'm not sure about the Givenchy one. I think it's a bit like YSL Touche Eclat - but supposedly very, very much better.

The only other thing that worries me about the BeneFit Erase Paste is that it might ball up on me. I have hayfever and have to occasionally dab at my eyes with a tissue throughout the day so anything rubbery might rub into little balls or flakes. Having said that, I'm very impressed with what you've said about it and will definitely give it a try.
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Majorb

When I say rubbery, I only use that term to try to describe the odd texture. When it goes on it is not slippery and not delicate like touche eclat, however with gentle patting it does spread very easily. I really don't think it will ball up on you as I don't think it has that consistency. I will put my mind to finding a description which truely depicts this brilliant product.

Here in the UK it is really warm now - about 75 degrees F and the product has stayed on fine - infact it is so good I dont really feel it on the skin.

Get one of your friends to buy it and try hers! a bit mean maybe but a really good way of testing Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Piz wrote:
Hi Majorb

When I say rubbery, I only use that term to try to describe the odd texture. When it goes on it is not slippery and not delicate like touche eclat, however with gentle patting it does spread very easily. I really don't think it will ball up on you as I don't think it has that consistency. I will put my mind to finding a description which truely depicts this brilliant product.

Here in the UK it is really warm now - about 75 degrees F and the product has stayed on fine - infact it is so good I dont really feel it on the skin.

Get one of your friends to buy it and try hers! a bit mean maybe but a really good way of testing Bad Grin

I'm in the UK, too! And yes, compared to our usual weather, it's uncommonly warm! Laughing

I like your mean-but-good-testing-via-a-friend idea. But I'm far too much of a goody-two-shoes! Embarassed

Next time I'm in town, though, I'll be visiting the BeneFit counter in Boots and the Givenchy counter in Debenhams and play around with the textures and colours.

You're definitely convincing me! Very Happy
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Piz wrote:
Hi Majorb

I'm in the UK, too! And yes, compared to our usual weather, it's uncommonly warm! Laughing

I like your mean-but-good-testing-via-a-friend idea. But I'm far too much of a goody-two-shoes! Embarassed

Next time I'm in town, though, I'll be visiting the BeneFit counter in Boots and the Givenchy counter in Debenhams and play around with the textures and colours.

You're definitely convincing me! Very Happy

Not in the UK, but the Netherlands. And yes, the weather is rather tropical Cool. If this products is this heatprove, then it might be something I could use as well..as still being on the hunt for the perfect undereye concealer
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Have to say, ladies, I've been wearing this for about 2 weeks now and am totally convinced that it is the best concealer I have used and boy have I used a lot. I still maintain that the Laura Mercier Secret Camoflage is the best for blemishes etc, but for undereyes the benefit paste is a winner. Even yesterday when it was really quite humid in London it did not crease or settle. Nice to find a product that lives up to the hype.

Londonfan, i think this may be your product. I am lucky the the colour I wear suits me. I have no idea what the darker shades are like. - Good luck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 4:40 am      Reply with quote
I never buy Benefit products because anything I've ever tried in the past I have really disliked, but this new product does sound interesting. I saw it being tested on a television programme a while ago and it looked quite promising. At the moment I'm using a By Terry product for under my eyes but I'm going to try the Erase Paste.
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean, Sel, I have found a lot of Benefit products disappointing. Always willing to try, I keep buying different products and only a few have been ok. Fortunately my friend has a 16 year old daughter who is more that willing to take my disaster purchases from me (my teenage boys are not so keen!!).

I have to say I do like the Benefit her glossiness lip glosses and the dallas bronzer but other than that things seem to be a bit mediocre, until now. That Erase Paste is like it is made by some other company (sorry Benefit Embarassed )

If you can get it from QVC then you obviously get the 30 days to try it out at home if you are scepticle - I got mine from the store.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 1:58 am      Reply with quote
I agree. I often find BeneFit products to be hit or miss.

For instance, I hated Dr Feelgood with a passion. However, I really love their Bo-ing concealer for blemishes - although it's way too heavy for use under the eyes.
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Same here, Majorb. I find Dr Feelgood is ok for a day or two then I go off it. The same goes for some kinda gorgeous. Maybe it depends on the weather or the time of the month. I've never tried boing.

I did buy the new throb face colour which is quite nice, although I have a disgusting amount of makeup, so I probably have a couple of other products that do the same thing!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |