Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Non-clogging C serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I am a new member and want to thank all you knowledgeable members for everything you have taught me about skincare during the last year.
I know that the fact that vitamin C serums can produce blackheads has been discussed in previous posts. Still, there are many different types of vitamin C used in serums. I would love to hear your experiences on which type of C you find least pore-clogging (and most glow-giving Smile).
From my own experience, I find serums containing l-ascorbic acid to produce quite a lot of blackheads, especially Cellex-C. The best one in these terms, was Alpha Derma C&C (which contains magnesium ascorbyl phosphate and sodium ascorbate), but it didn't give me the glow.
Please share your views!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've had the same issue with l-ascorbic products. Found one called Triple Action Vitamin C from skincarecentral.biz) that works great for me and does not clog my pores. Active C Ingredients: Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate. You can find more info at skincarecentral.biz.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Shelly, thank you very much.
Coincidentally I have this triple C serum unopened in my cupboard. I intend to use it as soon as I have finished my current Kate Somerville total vit serum (which I think is nothing special, prefer pure C serums).
Now I look forward to try the Triple C. Does it give your face a glow? I have experienced that l-ascorbic probably gives me more healthy glow than other versions of vitamin C, but the blackheads don't put up for having a glowing face.
TIA Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm using several actives right now so I can't really say what the Triple C specifically is doing for me. I'm just glad I found one that doesn't clog my pores and will just have to blindly believe it's delivering all the benefits C is known for. My skin is doing pretty well right now so something I'm doing is working...

Sorry couldn't be more specific. But, since you already have some, at least you won't be wasting your money if you try it and find it doesn't work for you.

Would be interested in how it goes for you once you try it. Good luck!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. Glad to hear that you are happy with your skin. I will report back in a couple of weeks when I have had the chance to use the Triple C.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |