Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oh the pain we go through for beauty!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
panther05
5% products discount

Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
This morning, I was straightening my hair and did a very dumb thing. I have a Chi flat iron, so it gets very very hot, and I dropped it. Now I'm not very coordinated, but of course my reflexes kicked in Rolling Eyes and I caught it...and wrapped my fingers around the hot plates. Three of my fingers are now bandaged up with burn cream and gauze, thanks to my school nurse, but I'm fine.

So to make me feel better about my stupid mistake, what have any of you done recently that hurt, just trying to look good?
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
For me, so far, it would have to be a full (take everything) brazilian wax. Embarassed

Addendum: Sorry, I need to stop jumping on these things without reading and "fully" comprehending the question asked. Embarassed

Aside from "voluntarily" getting hurt with the waxing, my other own painful experience would have to be when I was using the curling iron (for the very first time) to give my hair some body for a date. Wink

Anyway, I accidentally touched and burned my scalp with the iron...as I was reacting to the pain by jumping, I lost my grip or tossed it up in the air (not sure) and without thinking caught the business end of it with my hand. My palm and fingers were red like they had been sunburnt for about 2 weeks. My date with the guy went okay though he thought I was a bit odd, because I kept trying to keep my right hand to myself and hide it from him. Rolling Eyes
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
In my quest to find a pain free method of facial hair removal, I turned to using a product called Silkymit Facial Hair Remover. One of those products like a soft sandpaper that is used to rub the hair off your face.
Well, I followed the instructions but nothing seemed to be happening so I tried rubbing a bit harder, then harder still. Managed to rub small patches of my skin right off. Left with red raw, oozing skin. Embarassed
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:45 am      Reply with quote
I did much the same as above but I was using a product to get rid of dead skin on face. Rubbed a bit to hard on nose and now have permanent red mark. I looked like I'd fallen and scrapped face when I first did it.We should follow instructions and these things wouldn't happen. Except for the burn thing of course. Its automatic to grab for something you have dropped. Hope your hand heals quickly. they get blooming hot those things.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:16 am      Reply with quote
One of many of my I am too hyper and can't slow down mistakes is: Last week having grabbed the bottle of nail polish remover and dumping it on my cotton ball instead of my Obagi toner. After about five minutes my face started to burn and it was like omg I can't believe I just did that lol.

Sherri
Mabsy

Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
In my quest to find a pain free method of facial hair removal, I turned to using a product called Silkymit Facial Hair Remover. One of those products like a soft sandpaper that is used to rub the hair off your face.
Well, I followed the instructions but nothing seemed to be happening so I tried rubbing a bit harder, then harder still. Managed to rub small patches of my skin right off. Left with red raw, oozing skin. Embarassed

OMG! I've done the same thing but on my legs. And I'm pretty sure the thing I used was called Silky Mitt too Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if this really fits, but here goes:

My blowdrier exploded. Literally. I was drying my hair the other morning and it suddenly exploded. A ball of flame shot from the end of it. It burned the lace from one of the cups of my bra and scorched my breast beneath. I believe I exclaimed something along the lines of "Mother *ucker!!!" in my shock and dismay as I watched the fabric of my brassiere disintegrate. When I heard the explosion, it shocked/startled me so much that I threw the drier into the air (or maybe it was across the room!) and it knocked all of the stuff off of counter of my vanity. The stuff in glass bottles. I believe I uttered another expletive as I watched all of my expensive creams and perfumes and various goops run together into a large puddle on the bathroom floor. One of my cats was sitting on the bathroom counter "helping" me dry my hair at the time. The last time I saw him, he was hightailing it down the hall to the guest room, the fur on his back and tail blown up to twice the normal size. That was two days ago and the cat hasn't ventured forth from beneath the guest bed since that time (at least not during daylight hours) and my breast still looks a bit singed....I wasn't trying to be beautiful, I was only trying to dry my damn hair!!

Carrie
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Wow, carekate, what an experience! Shock I used to use a curling iron fairly often to add some bounce to areas that had flattened a bit and it was not unusual for me to burn my neck...ouch! Sad But even worse than the pain was that it looked like a hickey (love bite?) for a quite a while. And, of course, no one (except closest friends) would say "hey I see you've got a hickey, aren't you and your husband beyond that?" I was just as embarassed as if it WAS really a hickey! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie....

I can't decide whether to laugh (with you) Laughing or cry (for you) Crying or Very sad after that story. I have to say that is one of the most traumatic ones I've heard. Poor Kitty!

On the other note, I recently bought a new ionic chi flatiron that heats to 450 degrees, and hadn't had it two days before I dropped it. Fortunately, I had burned myself before, so I wasn't tempted to try to catch it. Just let it fall on the floor and prayed that it didn't break. Pray

You guys are right... what we will go through for beauty.

I also liked Winnie's story in another thread about waiting until her husband went to bed and making her face up with the face disque, lying back in the chair with a magnifying mirror. Fortunately, my husband travels fairly regularly, so I can do all my "secretive" beauty routines when he's out of town. The night I tried to do my own body wrap comes to mind. On second thought, I'd rather forget that one. Laughing

JUDY

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |