Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Sunscreen for oily skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
What is the best for oily skin? Thanks!
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Clarins UV Plus SPF 40
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've had the must success with Sofina Perfect, it is SPF50 and acts as a mattifier as well.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
For oily skin it is best to ise sunscreen which is oil free, as this will not clog the pores.

DDF have a sunscreen which is oil free and good for oily skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Janie wrote:
I haven't tried this one yet Janie but lots of good reviews for this product.
http://shop.paulaschoice.com/product/skin-balancing-daily-mattifying-lotion-spf-15/sun-care
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've had good luck w/ Nuetrogena's Ultra Dry Touch. Very matte (and I have some seriously oily skin!)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
For under makeup, I use Clarins UV Plus SPF 40 (it is very light, non-oily, but applies smoothly to your face - no pulling to spread it at all)

For hands/arms/neck/chest, or a day when I know my face will get more sun than I would like (I live in FL), I use Neutrogena Ultra Dry Touch SPF 70.

I have tried most of the mainstream ones out there, and these are the only 2 that I have found that work on my very oily T zone AND have decent SPF coverage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
bethany, do u have the ingredients for the Clarins UV 40? Do you need a moisturizer underneath? Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Star, I pulled the ingredients off a thread on the Skin Biology site, and will double check them in the morning against my bottle.

I do NOT use any other moisturizer, and that is primarily because my t-zone is VERY oily. However, there are times that I could probably put a little squalane around my eyes, but that's about it.

BTW, Dr. Pickart on the Skin Biology board gave this Clarins formulation a thumbs up.

Clarins UV Plus Protective Day Screen w SPF 40
Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide
Others: Water - Cyclopentasiloxane - Cyclomethicone - Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate - Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone - Alcohol Denat. - Aluminum Hydroxide - Stearic Acid - Peg-12 Dimethicone - Phenoxyethanol - Tocopheryl Acetate - Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract - Fragrance - Disodium EDTA - Methylparaben - Propylene Glycol - Butylparaben - Ethylparaben - Propylparaben - Isobutylparaben.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm still all over the Devita Solar Protection Creme, even when my skin gets oily in the summer.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks bethany for searching up the ingredients for me! Smile Don't mean to be a pain, but would u happen to know the % of this too? Very Happy Also, is it water resistent and can I use just a cleansing milk to remove it? Thanks!!
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Clarins is wonderful, but if you can handle a lower sunscreen I would advise Kimberly Sawyers as well. (SPF 25)
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I like the obagi healthy skin SPF35

5% products discount

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I liked Neutrogena's Dry Touch in terms of texture for very oily skin. It has a very dry, non-tacky feel to it. I couldn't keep using the product as I'm sensitive to oxybenzone though. Good luck!
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
id bare mineral powder foundation with spf 15
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Thanks bethany for searching up the ingredients for me! Smile Don't mean to be a pain, but would u happen to know the % of this too? Very Happy Also, is it water resistent and can I use just a cleansing milk to remove it? Thanks!!

Star, I checked on my bottle, and the ingredients are not listed at all...and I threw away the box. I also could not find anywhere where they listed the % of the active ingredients.

I definitely believe it is not water resistant, and I have had no problems washing it off at all. (your cleansing milk should be fine)

If you are interested in trying it, you can get the little bottles on ebay fairly cheaply.

BTW, I read some of the reviews at MUA, and on e of the people said this: "Update: Now that I've tried Shiseido Ultra Protection SPF55 lotion, this (Clarins) seems like a distant second. Doesn't stay as matte on me as the Shiseido and titanium dioxide doesn't provide as good UVAI protection as zinc oxide does."

The only thing to keep in mind there is that I think Zinc offsets copper, so you wouldn't want to use the Shiseido if you use copper peptides.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
is Shiseido Ultra Protection SPF55 lotion a purely mineral ss?
does anyone have full ingredient list of it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
What about PSF's sunscreen? I am always so afraid to put sunscreen on that I might have a reaction to. I want to place an order soon since I will be going on vacation and need to protect my face.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I use PSF sunscreen SPF30. I stay in office almost day, so I choose only SPF30 for my face. But this brand is also have SPF50. I think this sunscreen is very good for protect my face from the sun but for oily skin I think it could be a little oily but you can apply loose powder topup this sunsceen. Recommended.
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Osmosis makes a 29+ sunscreen with zinc oxide (no chemicals) called Shelter...it would be good for oily skin as I have to use a bit of moisturizer underneath it in the winter as its not hydrating enough for me at that time.

It's non-oily in texture too, as I can apply my mineral make-up over top of it without any problems (it leaves a very matte finish even on top of my moisturizer)

I rotate every other day between Shelter and Vichy's Capatil Soleil 60, however Vichy would likely not be good on oily skin as its much thicker and oily-er.
Inlife
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Bioderma is good, no greasy, no white cast.
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sofina very very UV cut is the most non-greasy sunscreen. You can imagine you are applying toner instead of sunscreen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
januarni, Sofina seems to have PDD (UV-A protection) not high enough Sad
I wouldn`t want to use it in summer or for outside or the seaside.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Janie wrote:

Janie, you'll be very pleased with Paulas Choice skin balancing daily mattifying lotion with spf 15 and antioxidants. It drys to a smooth silky matte finish.
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
januarni, Sofina seems to have PDD (UV-A protection) not high enough Sad
I wouldn`t want to use it in summer or for outside or the seaside.

Hmm, I don't know that, thank you for informing me.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |