Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Help !!! sagging skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
604boo

Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone
I really really need you help. I just hit 30 last week and I can start to feel that my cheeks are sagging. How can I improve or prevent this?
Any cream? device? or surgery?
Please help me...Please my wedding is coming soon...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
First of all Congratulations!!!! When is your wedding? What is your current skin care routine?

If your wedding is fairly close I would not be too aggressive with you skin. You are still young. Sagging many times can be dehydrated, stressed skin. If that be the case I believe you can have a few changes that will make the world of difference. A gentle nourishing skin care routine might be just what you are in need of.

Please tell us a little more about your skin.

Again, congratulations Very Happy

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Drink water, take supplements - get a facial and some recommendations from a professional.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Winnie. I wouldn't do any drastic changes before the wedding. How much time do you have before it?

Sister Sweets has a good recommendation - have you ever had a professional facial in your area or know of a recommended aesthetician (who's not into just promoting a line). That would be best to see someone in person whose expertise is skin.

Plumping up with moisturizer (what type would be dependent on your skin). Taking internal moisturizers (like drinking more water, taking Essential Fatty Acids in the correct ration, and taking hyaluronic acid as a supplement too). You can read more about HA supplements on EDS.

In the long run, you might want to invest in a device like the Nuface or LightStim... But I would do simple things first and see a good aesthetician.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
No surgery you are way too young. Vit C serum maybe with low dose glycolic to give you a glow. I've also had great success with the Dermaroller for neck skin texture (and I'm much older).

Congratulations!!
604boo

Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you guys. I am having my wedding in 3 months..Finally!!
I went to see some spa expert to get some facial(paid 400 dollars) but didn't see good result and actually irritated my skin. I have asian medium-fair,thin and combination skin. I had sudden breakout about 4 months ago and went through tough time to recover from it. Now I have red and brown acne scars all over my face.
I used:

Cetaphil cleanser/moisturizer
Avalon Vitamin C serum
Estee Lauder night repair serum
Tons of Vichy and La roche posay products

I started to notice my sagging cheeks after I used Roc retinol cream for about 2 weeks.
Also I went to see a derm two days ago and she told me to get laser treatments but it was crazy expensive and also kinda scary to do it.

I am freaking out crazy because these sagging cheeks are very noticeable..you know, so called smile lines between your nose and mouth..

My hubby was used to do modelling when he was young (btw he is not hot anymore LOL) and he has tons of female model friends. This put so much pressure on me because I am not a model looking girl. Plus,they will be on my wedding and I am sure you can understand why I am going crazy over this.

Right now I want to try HA and MSM supplements but I heard taking HA can be dangerous. Is this true? and Also Baby Qusar?? or LED light devices are on my list but I am not sure these are effective for the price.

I appreciate your help guys. You are my angels=)
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
First of all take a deep breath. You will be a beautiful bride. May I suggest you call AdvancedThera tomorrow. Ask them what light they recommend for scaring and what product to use with it. Be sure you tell them about your wedding plans.

Actually you have nothing to lose. If the light does not help you they have a money back policy. Please confirm that with them. Also note their guarantee/warranty applies if you buy one from them, EDS or another dealer that has their permission to sell.

I see nothing with LED that will flare up your skin. If anything it will give it a more even tone and perhaps fade some scaring. Something tells me AT will recommend the Blue light.

There are other LED devices. The only one I personally can recommend is the Baby Q or SP (AdvancedThera) as I never have used others. There is also the LightStim that several members are loving. Perhaps they will add to what I have to say. Just be sure if you decide on LED you go with a reputable company.

May I also suggest having someone do your makeup professionally for your wedding. My daughter has acne problems. Before her wedding she was under the care of an esthetician. The day of her wedding we both had our makeup applied professionally at our home. Of course we had a few trial runs. My daughter is pretty to begin with but made a breathtaking bride.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
604boo wrote:
I started to notice my sagging cheeks after I used Roc retinol cream for about 2 weeks.
Also I went to see a derm two days ago and she told me to get laser treatments but it was crazy expensive and also kinda scary to do it.

I am freaking out crazy because these sagging cheeks are very noticeable..you know, so called smile lines between your nose and mouth..

This sounds like it really might be more hydration related - cheeks don't just start sagging at your age!

And take it from someone who had 4 Fraxel treatments - lasers aren't all that!! They can be painful and costly, and not always effective. My treatments actually caused my head to look like a giant, red, swollen blob - I couldn't leave the house for 2 weeks after the first treatment, and for one week after each of the following 3 treatments (and I had to take a steroid to control the swelling). And after all of that, the hyperpigmentation was only *slightly* diminished.

I would focus on moisturization, ensuring that you use one that doesn't clog your pores, of course.

Was the acne breakout a result of something, or have you had breakouts in the past? I have "female adult acne" that showed up in my 30's, and the only thing that got rid of it (and the spots) was ProActiv. They actually have a good night moisturizer in their line that also has Salicylic acid in it.

And more than anything...DON'T STRESS, and drink LOTS of water!!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
May I add to Winnie's beautiful note: stay away from Estee Lauder Night Repair Serum, I used it once all night and got 4 milia under my eye.
ROC Retinol,on the other hand, is quite weak and I doubt you got anything from it.

In your last comment you note that "sagging cheeks" has led to nasio-labal lines which is how we here on the forum call them. Are you sure that you haven't lost quite a bit of weight and that's what's causing them at your tender age?
If so, relax, cheer up, eat something healthy but rich to pad out your cheeks. I'm serious. We, 3 of us, "did" my one daughter's wedding in one month of 16 hour days and it was exhausting, so I can imagine what you are going through. Don't forget this is a great time, as Winnie says, you'll look wonderful, if you get some rest and have fun!
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to a post several days ago in this forum, I am now investigating the Flex-Away System for sagging facial skin. There is a link on their web site to a message board about the product which has a lot of raves.
www.flexawaysystem.com
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with existential lady. Losing weight, especially if you have the tendency to lose first on the face like I do, seems to make those facial lines more visible. I've started on facial exercises. They're doing pretty well for my eyebags, but not on the labial nasal folds YET. I'm trying the Baby Quasar light therapy too. Those two things should not have any adverse effects on your face, especially if you want to prevent breakouts.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |