Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Should I buy Quasar SP??? or what????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have great skin and am looking just to get rid of tiny fine lines that are starting to appear. I am almost 55 and my skin is in great shape. I have been reading about different products/devices and although the Baby Quasar is more within my price range, I am afraid with it taking an hour I might get frustrated. But then again $1,699 for the SP is not just pocket change and is a major investment. Am I getting the best for what I am looking to accomplish to start with and should I be buying the SP instead of just starting out the Baby??? Any help you can offer would be appreciated. If anyone recommends the baby where is the cheapest with warranty.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Is the Quasar not a good investment any longer. No one is answering my question? What are the alternatives to get rid of fine lines? Suggestions please.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hard to answer for someone else. The Quasar SP is expensive as you note.

Perhaps start with a lower cost device like the LightStim - the anti-aging one (which includes amber lights as well as the red) seems to have even better results than the regular LightStim. Check out Kassy's posts and photos about it. And at less than $400, it's less than the Quasar - Baby or SP...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have the SP and am delighted with it. It was expensive but I did much company research, knew I wanted a LED device and I am totally impressed with AdvancedThera as a company.

Why would you want to start out with the SP? The Baby Q is far less expensive. When I got my SP they let me trade in my Baby. I don't know if the company still allows this but you could check.

The Baby was great. I wanted the professional SP as I was using it for pain management also.

I will stick with AdvancedThera. In saying that, if I had to decide on an alternative I probably would follow Kassy's success story and give the LightStim a go. I am sure Kassy somewhere wrote about their trial period if you don't care for it. AdvancedThera I believe has a 60 day customer satisfaction guarantee.

Quote:
Is the Quasar not a good investment any longer. No one is answering my question? What are the alternatives to get rid of fine lines? Suggestions please.

You have to give us time to read your post. Smile Personally, the Q was an awesome investment for me. As far as alternatives for fine lines there are many. Most of the time fine lines are from dehydration. A good skin care routine can greatly reduce or remove fine lines. It is the deeper lines that are the issue.

Good luck with your decision. The ladies of EDS will be happy to help you. Could you tell us what you are using now for a routine and your skin type?

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Sure winnie- I would be happy to tell you. I probably am not drinking enough water. Maybe that is my problem? My nose is thin skinned, and although I would consider myself a combo girl my skin is very balanced using my current skin care regime.

I use Elysee Skin care line and love it. My skin actually looks better now at almost 55 than it did at 40. I don't know if you are familar with Elysee but some of the ingredients include Renovage, Sirtuin & Telomeres, Nayad, Beta 1,3-Glucan (Nayad), Acai Berry, Epidermal Thymic Factor, Pycnogenol, Structured Water and of course Hyaluronic Acid and Matrixyl.

I am not into heavy exfoliation because I believe that is what happened to my nose and why it is thin. Only so much skin replication and then you are done. Frying on the beach, followed by AHAs, dermabrasion.

So any and all advise I will take. If I should start with a Baby Quasar and just work on the areas that I think need help maybe that is the way to go especially if there is a trade in policy. I just know I won't give up my Elysee because I have gone from Renova, Tazorac, Z. Bigatti to every dept store brand and nothing has worked like Elysee. Thanks for any and all help.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
When you mentioned fine lines I never thought of you as 55 but much younger. LED would IMO be a very nice addition to your routine. I personally it. I have heard of Elysee but have never tried any of their products. You are so fortunate you found a product you love.

A few things to consider before buying a LED device.

Tried and true reviews from users that have been using a manufacturers device for some time.
Check the companies reputation. How long have they been making LED devices?

Is the device FDA approved *I know some will disagree with this..all are entitled to their opinion*.

Search not only EDS but other sites in regard to what you decide to buy. I have respect for Make Me Heal.

Are reputable salons carrying or using the device?

The only devices I have read up on are the BQ and SP as I wanted to buy it. LED is very popular right now and no doubt there are many good devices out there. Anything we use on our body needs to be taken seriously. Do your home work.

Happy shopping platinumrose Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Platinum--I just wrote an update last night, but wanted to chime in that I really LOVE my SP. IMO your choice depends on how deep are your pockets/how much does the extra power larger light head mean to you?

What happened to me was that I bought the Baby Q, used it a few times, saw the chatter on the forum about the SP, and decided to try it since it had a money-back guarantee. Winnie noted that Advanthera is an awesome company to deal with and I agree. Their customer service is superb and I wound up buying a package of the Baby and the SP for a great price. I gave the Baby to my 70-year old mother for Xmas, who loves it and says she thinks she's seeing results from it.

Hope that didn't add to your confusion. Let us know what you get!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:

Hi there; I would suggest you might want to look at a panel type LED, since you mention getting 'frustrated' with something taking an hour.. Some of the panel types take only 9 minutes or so for a full treatment.

I also noticed on the Clarisonic thread you bought it on April 6th and returned it on the 8th, because it irritated your skin. So I'm thinking, maybe your not going to give anything enough time to give you a great result..BTW, where did you order the Clarisonic from, that delivered it in one day, WOW?

To add to what another poster offered, I can tell you that LightStim's warranty is 90 days. I can also tell you that with commitment, the results are awesome. I'm 56, and you'd need to look quite hard to find a line left on my face lately. And I believe that's also the case with the QSP. I don't think the BQ is for you though, because it takes the longest, and frankly, I don't think you have a lot of patience...(Please don't be offended that I say that, it's just the impression I got from your second post, when nobody responded immediately.)

Good luck in your search!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Platinum--I just wrote an update last night, but wanted to chime in that I really LOVE my SP. IMO your choice depends on how deep are your pockets/how much does the extra power larger light head mean to you?

If your pockets aren't limited, you sure can't go wrong with the Quasar SP.

My only hesitation with that unit was the heat that AnnieR (I hope I got that ID right) mentioned that it generates....I am in the hot flash phase of life and figured it might trigger more flashes while I was undergoing treatment. And then I would sweat off any treatments, lol.

But the warranty is great, the customer service is superb, and it is definitely powerful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Bethany you got it right! Laughing
It was too hot for me. Could have been my device, or skin type, but my face/SP was on fire by the time I got to continuous green. I was so disappointed too, I loved how quick it was and the large area it covered. Plus I think it penetrated deeper. I have always said that they need a size in between. Smile
Kassy_A is right though, you have to give it a fair shake in time to try it out. First use may not show you the results you want, although I did see some plumping. Patience will have to be a virtue and that goes with most of the treatments and recommendations here. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Bethany you got it right! Laughing
It was too hot for me. Could have been my device, or skin type, but my face/SP was on fire by the time I got to continuous green. I was so disappointed too, I loved how quick it was and the large area it covered. Plus I think it penetrated deeper. I have always said that they need a size in between. Smile
Kassy_A is right though, you have to give it a fair shake in time to try it out. First use may not show you the results you want, although I did see some plumping. Patience will have to be a virtue and that goes with most of the treatments and recommendations here. Wink

I think that your unit might have had a problem. My SP never seems to get past a comfortable warmth.

AnnieR I totally agree with you about giving these LED devices time. Kassy's results blow me away. However, I think she is one of the very fortunate ones. Yes, I noticed immediate plumping after using the BQ/SP. However, it took several month for the clarity to improve to a point that the results have lasted. I am also happy to report the my broken caps on cheeks and nostrils have fading considerable. Don't forget I have been using LED for over a year.

Update: I have started FlexEffect. They recommend a hot towel prior to massage and cold afterward. Certainly they know much more about facial exercise then I. Personally, I have never agreed with placing extreme hot/cold on my face. After exercise and massage I am using the SP for soothing my facial muscles. Let me tell you FE is not for the light hearted. My cheeks were so sore. After 10 minutes of led they felt so much more comfortable. Just thought I would add this experience for anyone interested. Cool

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |