Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

mask for blackheads? help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fergie232

Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have some blackheads on my nose and on my forehead
i'd say my face is very complicated Razz
my cheeks are dry if anything, but my T-zone is somewhat oily

I would like to make a mask to remove blackheads with essential oils
it would also be helpful if some sebum-controlling essential oils were included

a lot of people say Jojoba oil is good because it acts like sebum and can get through waxy plugs
but other people say it blocks their pores
I think that my pores being blocked is stopping the salicylic acid cleaning out my pores Razz
hence why my aspirin mask didnt work that greatly

You gals all have farr more knowledge than me on the subject Razz
so maybe you could share some of your wisdom? Smile

any help or recipes would be appreciated greatly Smile
thanks
-fergie
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fergie232, welcome to the forum wave . I have tried so many products for blackheads and nothing seams to work. I'll be interested if u get some positive products to try. I get confused between blackheads and just good old blocked pores, that can't be squeezed and just appear to have a darker filling. A good blackhead pops out like a little plug. I dont squeeze often, only if essential and I do have a spot/blackhead squeezer from Sephora. A must for using on my teenage son's "hormonal" phase.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Clay Mask is like the BEST of all masks for blackheads! Even better if you steam your face b4 using too
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:56 am      Reply with quote
OCM method helps.. but u need to be consistent.. or just french green clay + aspirin + yoghurt.. =)
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I also have little dots all over my nose and I can't squeeze them. I don't know what they are, but I don't like them. They seem to fade out when I exfoliate.
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lol I'll have stock 1 up on the Sephora blackhead tool for my
teen needs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
support dr. hauschka clay mask

but if you are in canada, you could also try earthtobody clay-neem treatment...more powerful
hazemmasri

Mon May 05, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
i think glycolic acid will decrease the pores and blackheads
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
ChelseaaaHi wrote:
teen needs.

A regular bobbie pin works just as good as those expensive blackhead removers.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
hazemmasri wrote:
i think glycolic acid will decrease the pores and blackheads

Hi, hazemmasri, could you explain more for that or recommend some products.
My blackhead problem is serious. Actually, my nose is really clean and blackhead free just after the cleaning. However, the blackhead come back soon when I apply the cream.
Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
My guess is that you need to do some gentle exfoliation. Dermalogica microfoliant is really great. It's expensive, but there's a whole lot of product in one bottle.
magslena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Aspirin mask works wonders. Use 3-4 generic aspirin tablets (not coated), a few drops of water and use as scrub.
shmily.huo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:54 am      Reply with quote
You might like Primrose Facial Cleasing Mask from Aesop.
Aesop is a Australian brand.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
ChelseaaaHi wrote:
teen needs.

I have both, and go back to my bobbi pin everytime!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I like Origins acitive charcoal mask, it's powerful.
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Aveeno has a clay mask that I have used in the past with some good results. I believe it is the dead sea clay mask.
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Chrissie wrote:
ChelseaaaHi wrote:
teen needs.

I have both, and go back to my bobbi pin everytime!

Haha, I just happen to get the tool for free Smile but before that I used the bobby pin too.
I actually now have a bad habit of "extracting" that nasty stuff from my face but I never seem to get the old stuff out. I don't think it's a good idea to do this often cuz of scarring Confused unfortunately I don't have nething to put on after my face gets all inflammed looking [ran out of moisturizer].
anjulla03

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Combine equal parts baking soda and water in your hand and massage gently on your skin and allow it to set up for 2 to 3 minutes once or twice a week to exfoliate. Do not exfoliate longer than 2-3 minutes per usage as this can break down too much skin tissue at one time. Rinse with warm water by touch your skin lightly with your hands.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
There's been some great suggestions here, and I haven't tried the Dr Hauschka but I would recommend you read the thread on OCM. I'm 35 and have had congested skin all my adult life despite having studied and practised as an aesthetician. The only thing that has had a real and positive effect on my congestion (blackheads) is massaging a mixture of castor and any other favourite oil for at least 5 mins (I do 15-20 with my vaculifter). This actually dissolves thick sebum in the pores, and literally wipes away when you remove the oil with a hot cloth until your skin is clean and oil free. It's truly phenomenal, and incredibly cheap!

Be aware that my skin purged for over a month with blockages coming up from my cheeks (just under the cheekbone) and looked a bit rough for a while, but I could immediately feel the difference in the health of my skin, so I persevered to the point that now my skin is clear of congestion, and my enlarged pores that were spreading from my nose onto my cheeks have cleaned out and shrunk back down. Finer skin texture and clean skin? Yes please! I know I shouldn't be doing it, but I keep touching my skin, it's so smooth for the first time! The dull look has gone.

I also use salicylic acid in my ACV toner, which helps too...retin A, and great actives, however before OCM, they weren't really effective.
irunchik
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
There's been some great suggestions here, and I haven't tried the Dr Hauschka but I would recommend you read the thread on OCM. I'm 35 and have had congested skin all my adult life despite having studied and practised as an aesthetician. The only thing that has had a real and positive effect on my congestion (blackheads) is massaging a mixture of castor and any other favourite oil for at least 5 mins (I do 15-20 with my vaculifter). This actually dissolves thick sebum in the pores, and literally wipes away when you remove the oil with a hot cloth until your skin is clean and oil free. It's truly phenomenal, and incredibly cheap!

Be aware that my skin purged for over a month with blockages coming up from my cheeks (just under the cheekbone) and looked a bit rough for a while, but I could immediately feel the difference in the health of my skin, so I persevered to the point that now my skin is clear of congestion, and my enlarged pores that were spreading from my nose onto my cheeks have cleaned out and shrunk back down. Finer skin texture and clean skin? Yes please! I know I shouldn't be doing it, but I keep touching my skin, it's so smooth for the first time! The dull look has gone.

I also use salicylic acid in my ACV toner, which helps too...retin A, and great actives, however before OCM, they weren't really effective.

trigger, whats the carrier oil you use and what are the proportions? I get the same jaw-bone break outs currently, but dont want to give up. Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:13 am      Reply with quote
If you want to try some natural methods for removing blackhead. You may try egg white.
After you cleanse your skin, apply some egg white on the nose and is covered by oil blotting paper or thin cotton pad (remember to squeeze all air). You can remove it after it is dry. Of course this method is mild and natural but the effect may not be as good as using nose pack.

Another thing you can try, it is oatmeal. I mixed it with milk and flour (flour just for easy to apply on face). I found waxy plugs came out from pores. The effect was really good. This mask also can moisturizing your skin. Of course you can use slimmed milk instead of milk if you have oily skin.
tomorrow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:32 am      Reply with quote
This forum is so useful! I didn't realise good old bobby pins can also be used as a blackhead remover. To keep blackheads away, I will exfoliate my skin weekly with a gentle facial scrub.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I would also suggest OCM method. I use castor oil, but you can mix it with any other type of a base oil, for example jojoba or camelia.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |