Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Ojon Tawaka Shampoo and Conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Highly recommed both shampoo and conditioner!!

I purchased this from QVC and have used it a couple times and I must say...IMPRESSIVE!! I have short, thin, fine, color treated hair...basically the WORST kind of hair to find a poo/cond that works. If it moistuizes too much I get greasy and it weighs down my hair if it gives volume then it normally drys my hair out and it gets brittle and breaks off...just cant win. When I started using this shampoo I thought...here is another one...it felt like it coated my hair and did not rinse out all the way...also made it feel almost stripped. I put the conditioner on and was very pleased that it really conditioned and smoothed out my hair. The real test came when I blew my hair out...FANTASTIC results. My hair was conditioned and full of volume....oh AND shiny! I did not even need to use an anti frizz product or flat iron my hair. I have only used this a few times so I cant speak to build up (fingers crossed) and i'm not a huge fan of the smell but so far I think I found my HOLY GRAIL poo/cond!

I have used the shampoo as a face wash and it was just ok at taking off makeup...will continue to use and let you know if i notice any breakouts etc.

Cleanser (not called a shampoo)
AQUA (WATER), LAURYL GLUCOSIDE, DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE, SODIUM COCOAMPHOACETATE, SODIUM LAURYL GLUCOSIDEOXYACETATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, ELAEIS OLEIFERA (PALM) OIL, THEOBROMA CACAO, BIXA ORELLANA SEED EXTRACT, PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL, BRASSICA OLERACEA ITALICA (BROCCOLI) SEED OIL, PAULLINIA CUPANA SEED EXTRACT, BAMBUSA ARUDINACEA STEM EXTRACT, URTICA DIOICA (NETTLE) EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, STARCH HYDROXYPROPYL ESTER, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED SWEET ALMOND PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, POTASSIUM PALMITOYL HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, LAURYLDIMONIUM HYDROXYPROPYL HYDROLYZED KERATIN, SODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, PEG-55 PROPYLENE GLYCOL OLEATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, COCO-GLUCOSIDE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, MAGNESIUM NITRATE, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)

Conditioner
AQUA (WATER), CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, THEOBROMA CACAO, ELAEIS OLEIFERA (PALM) OIL, PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL, BIXA ORELLANA SEED EXTRACT, PAULLINIA CUPANA SEED EXTRACT, ORBIGNYA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, URTICA DIOICA (NETTLE) EXTRACT, BAMBUSA ARUDINACEA STEM EXTRACT, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, BRASSICA OLERACEA ITALICA (BROCCOLI) SEED OIL, BUXUS CHINENSIS (SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL), CARICA PAPAYA FRUIT, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED SWEET ALMOND PROTEIN, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, LECITHIN, PEG-2 DIMEADOWFOAMAMIDOETHYLMONIUM METHOSULFATE, TOCOPHEROL, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), ASCORBYL PALMITATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CITRIC ACID, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, MAGNESIUM NITRATE
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
They also have a great dry hair shampoo. It smells great and cleans up the greasies in between. I will have to try these two as I have heard the reviews are great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. Currently I'm trying to make my way through a bottle of WEN that I got through QVC. I really liked it at first, but the whole WEN process gets annoying, and if I don't massage it into my scalp good enough (and I have thick hair), my hair is greasy by the next day.

I've always wanted to try the Ojon stuff, the price has held me back though. Have you tried the regular Ojon stuff, or just the Tawaka? I wonder what the major difference is between the two.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the hydrating poo/cond for Ojon and it was nice but I was not over the moon about the results...esp for the price. I was cautious about trying it again but the tawaka got so many raves so I had to try. Glad I did!

I have tried the dry shampoo (Rub Out) and love it...smells lovely and keeps the grease away.

Also love the treatment...smells but great results. I'm going to sephora this weekend to check out some of the styling products.

Oh....I also have the "ball" and the rejuvenating cream...reviews to come on them.

Im really loving this line.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Love the Tawaka shampoo and conditioner - even better than the Ojon.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:

I have tried the dry shampoo (Rub Out) and love it...smells lovely and keeps the grease away.

I am looking for a good dry shampoo, so I might look to Ojon for this one, thank you
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
does the dry shampoo smell the same as the regular 'poo?

I ordered the Tawaka 'poo and conditioner..I had to return it. I REEKED to high heaven and the fragrance stayed in my hair all day. I smelled like a tobacco shop! No likey. Its so unfortunate b/c my hair felt great, but the smell was unbearable.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I hear you on the smell...its not my fav. The dry poo smells nice in my opinion but it does have a smell and it does last. So I would suggest testing it first.
anndy

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Ojon for 3 months and have been thrilled with the results. Best my hair has ever looked. - processed, fine, flat hair is difficult on the best of days. It is now shiny, bouncy and has body Very Happy But after your great post, Olivia, I was coveting Tawaka. So ordered it today - always looking for the HG! Anndy
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting. I have been torn between pureology and ojon recently, might lean on Ojon..good time to return and try again. Thank you.
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I can recommend hydrating shampoo and conditioner from Ojon, the repair treatment is great too. My favourite is leave-in glossing cream(All tried from QVC). As for Tawaka, I only tried body wash and cream which you could apply to the face. I would give it 6 out of 10 though.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I hated the Tawaka products because of the smell. The fragrance I can't describe (old man cheap aftershave?). It stays in your hair forever. My husband kept asking, "What is that smell?" The shampoo minus the smell would be good. It really conditions. I ditched the lot. Does the dry shampoo have an odor?
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hydrating shampoo does not have any unpleasant odour. I agree on the Tawaka product smell. i don't think it even resembles the smell of the treatment. I also sent the Tawaka products back.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same type of hair as Olivia and have had great results from these products. I'm amazed that the conditioner doesn't weigh down my hair.

The main difference between the regular ojon and the tawaka is that the tawaka has a higher amount of antioxidants and is sulfate free. The originals all have sulfates in them.

I also recommend the hydrating thickening spray for those with thin/fine hair. It gives great results with the hairdryer. Avoid the glossing cream though, it is not for fine hair, even though it is sold for all hair types.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Tawaka hair conditioner(poo is just okay). It is my HG, because it leaves my hair feeling so silky and not heavy. I could feel the difference during the rinsing in the shower. See if you can get a sample first, but it is a very good conditioner. I have long highlighted straight hair and no conditioners has made me this happy before.

I have used the regular Ojon volumizing poo & conditioner, but the Tawaka is much better, if you can get past the scent(chocolate, patchouli scent)the regular Ojon poo smells fresh and green, but was nothing special, neither were the Tawaka cream or the Tawaka ball.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
They do have a very good dry shampoo. The conditioner I didn't like. It takes forever to rinse it and it doesn't moisturise enough.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
jeannie wrote:
Thanks for posting. I have been torn between pureology and ojon recently, might lean on Ojon..good time to return and try again. Thank you.

If you have not tried Pureology yet many find it irritating but others love it too. I tried 3 of the formulas and all made my scalp itch.

Now back to Ojon.....I use the detox shampoo twice a month and really like it for a clarifying shampoo. It doesn't totally dry out my hair like most clarifying shampoo's do.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, I am also interested of the hair masque of it
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
bondgirl wrote:
Hydrating shampoo does not have any unpleasant odour. I agree on the Tawaka product smell. i don't think it even resembles the smell of the treatment. I also sent the Tawaka products back.

I ordered the Tawaka products of TSC and it went back. It smelled so bad - couldn't handle it!! However, IF you can stand the smell, the products worked really well on my hair Smile
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I got used to the scent and actually enjoy it now. I found the scent of the hydrating line MUCH stronger. Tawaka is still the best shampoo & cond. I've found. It works well for fine/dry/color-treated hair. It moisturizes but dosen't weigh it down or build up.That said, it works best when you leave it in for 2 minutes (both shampoo & cond). The first time I used it, I didn't read the directions and didn't like the result.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I found that Ojon is not available in EDS.Where do you buy them?Thank you! Very Happy
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I purchased mine from The Shopping Channel (Canada). They also sell at Sephora.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Dear doohicus Very Happy Thank you!!! Laughing
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Bought it at Sephora. Love the shampooing. Makes my hair shinny and soft. It's a keeper.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
From the ojon range these are this is the only shampoo and conditioner I can use, the others seem to make a notty mess and are not hydrating enough. I also love the restorative treatment and could not live without that one.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |