Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Vit C serum or anti-aging serums recommendations please!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I am completing my Obagi Nu-derm (& retin A) treatment and am looking at Vit C products and was stumped by sooo many products available.

I was looking at IS clinical super serum, looking at Jan Marini and all over the shop.

Any advice for a 33 yrs old that is slightly combo to normal skin that is prone to occasional white heads/acne on my chin area?

I switches products on and off, prior to Obagi I was using mama lotion and skin biology's CP serum. Since Obagi is "exfoliation", I am looking for something to boost collagen growth or skin regeneration process.

Thanks in advance!
A

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Obagi has Vit C serum too. I am using the 10% one.
beautix

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:07 am      Reply with quote
post removed by moderator self promotion/spam
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased a Juice Organics product which is called "Brightening Facial Serum." It contains "brightening hydroxy acids, revitalizing and firming Vitamin C, alpha lipic acid, coenzyme Q10, and line smoothing peptides." The ingredients look pure and the product was $19.00 at Target. It is a serum which is readily absorbed by the skin. So far so good!
beautix

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I have tried several different drug store type products and although they are very affordable, most of the time don't contain enough of the active ingredients to be effective. And the cosmetics.....even though they are very affordable...they don't last through out the day. I would rather spend a little more and get all day coverage and effective skin care. That is just my opinion though!
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
chorally wrote:
Obagi has Vit C serum too. I am using the 10% one.

How you like it? I am leaning towards the IS clinical super serum, but I have not seen any recent raves on them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
beautix wrote:
I have tried several different drug store type products and although they are very affordable, most of the time don't contain enough of the active ingredients to be effective. And the cosmetics.....even though they are very affordable...they don't last through out the day. I would rather spend a little more and get all day coverage and effective skin care. That is just my opinion though!

I do agree, drugstore's serum can only do so much. I do use drugstore products, Neutrogena cleansers are my absolute favs!

5% products discount

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:57 am      Reply with quote
I agree about drugstore products. There are certain ones that are okay to buy such as cleansers, but once you are looking for anti aging products, the drugstore is not the place to find them.
I personally use Arbonne and am very happy with their products. My skin glows. Some other recommendations that I have been seeing on this forum are Strivectin, Obagi and a new antiaging line called the Newtox Treatment Line. From all of the reviews of them, I think that all of them are quality products.
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the cellcosmet sample kit and I can't wait for it to arrive. ^__^

Other then the activator needs to be rinsed off. what else I need to know? Can I use it with Retin A?

Ie Retin A at night & Cellcosmet in day?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I love PSF's Vitamin C serum and Cellular Skin RX's Vitamin C serum. I alternate back and forth. I've been using C for a couple of years, and I've seen a real improvement in my skin. On the few occasions I've taken a break for more than a few weeks, I can see the difference and run right back to it. Apply C in the a.m. and use a retinol at night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
mrspiggy wrote:
I bought the cellcosmet sample kit and I can't wait for it to arrive. ^__^

Other then the activator needs to be rinsed off. what else I need to know? Can I use it with Retin A?

Ie Retin A at night & Cellcosmet in day?

That sounds like a good plan.

You should do fine with a sample kit. However, I bought the Cellex-C high potency serum full size and thought it to be very unstable. The serum turned dark after a few weeks. Also, I found this serum to cause lots of blackheads on my nose. On the positive side, it gave a nice glow and hopefully antioxidant protection.

If you're prone to blackheads, the l-ascorbic acid may be a real trigger. You may want to consider a non-acidic serum with MAP or C-ester if blackheads occur when you use the Cellex-C.

I have also found SkinMedica C Complex to produce less blackheads than most l-ascorbic acid serums. The SkinMedica is silicone-based and highly stable.

I have been using C serums regularly for four years and won't be without it.

Good luck. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I had the same experience with Cellex Vit C turning brown in the container before I used it all up (and I used it every morning.) I think their bottle contains to much product. By the time you get half through it, the Vit C has lost its potency. Plus, when it turns brown, it leaves a brownish-orange tint on my skin. yuck.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I too vote for SkinMedica. I tried a few others (including making my own) but my skin seems to like this formula the best - even with the silicones.

An EDS member suggested an economical way of buying SkinMedica: several ebay sellers auction a box of samples (I think there are 24 per box), which I won for $25.00. Each sample size lasts me four days - so I calculate that as very good value.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
I had the same experience with Cellex Vit C turning brown in the container before I used it all up (and I used it every morning.) I think their bottle contains to much product. By the time you get half through it, the Vit C has lost its potency. Plus, when it turns brown, it leaves a brownish-orange tint on my skin. yuck.

Where did you keep your serum? Vitamin C browns from sunlight, usually. It could have also been from oxidation. That's why you should always wear a sunscreen when using Vit C product. They can cause browning on the skin if you're in too much direct sun.

HTH

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Nemo!AtTheDisco wrote:
jf wrote:

Where did you keep your serum? Vitamin C browns from sunlight, usually. It could have also been from oxidation. That's why you should always wear a sunscreen when using Vit C product. They can cause browning on the skin if you're in too much direct sun.

HTH

I kept mine in my medicine cabinet...I thought this would give it enough protection. So, does everyone keep their Vit C in the refrigerator?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I have kept my vit C serum in a dark place, not in the refrigerator. All of them have stayed pretty clear-coloured. Cellex C was in a league of its own regarding oxidation. It surely left a brown-yellow coat on the skin after some weeks use.

BTW, the Cellex C serum comes in a 1 oz bottle, like most vit C serums.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
ok I don't feel so bad now. Very Happy
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
HTH[/quote]

I kept mine in my medicine cabinet...I thought this would give it enough protection. So, does everyone keep their Vit C in the refrigerator?[/quote]

I keep my Vivier vit C in my drawer..
it has a yellow tint to it but it can way.
Confused
Lou
guntz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Obagi or Vivier for Vit C Serum.
makeup queen
5% products discount

Tue May 20, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Nancy Sniderman was on the the Today show today and she said that the bathroom gets too much heat and humidity to safely keep medicine in. So I would think this applies to your Vit.C as well. Hope this helps.

Patty
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I think you should look for oil soluble vitamin C, since it's more stable than water soluble vitamin C.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the skinceuticals line of vitamin C products and am very happy with it. Unfortunately EDS does not carry it and I was told that pretty soon I will not be able to buy Skinceuticals online. Soo I am looking for another products that works great, any suggestions?
LUSHM

Tue May 20, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite vitamin c serum would be cellular skin rx. It might not be the best one but it is very affordable, imo. I don't think it will eliminate lines and wrinkles, I found my skin very firm and tight while using it.

I'm thinking of trying SkinMedica Retinol for the summer (so it won't dry out my skin that much.) Rolling Eyes
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used Cellex Vit C and skinceuticals vit c serum? If so, which product is better? I am seriously looking for a replacement for skinceuticals as I can get it online anymore. In addition, I noticed that vit C serum turns brown once it gets close to three months and I don't know if its still effective when it turns brown, any suggestions?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |