Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dress shoes - What's the most you would pay?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:25 am      Reply with quote
What is the most you would pay for nice dress shoes?

Do you have a thing for shoes?

How many pairs do you have or want?

I don't know what it is about shoes. I always thought it was crazy that girls were so into shoes. I wondered if people even really noticed them that much, and if you have a couple basic ones that's just part of an outfit. No more important then anything else.

Yet lately ever since I had a need to look around to add to my sparse shoe collection, I've started to really get into them. It was really sparse. I had some black boots, a pair of open toed sandal pumps, old beat up running shoes that I wore most of the time, and some very basic flip flops. I needed new sneakers and some closed toed pumps. Ever since I started looking I've grown a thing for shoes and all the different styles and colors and trends and what outfits they go with and everything. I ended up getting more then what I was looking for because there was so much on sale. I got several ballet flats, metallic ones, standard black pumps, open toed patent pumps with a low heel, patent mary jane pumps, etc. And yet most of the time, 90% of the time I just wear my new sneakers. In theory I love all the cute stylish and trendy shoes, yet I'm all about comfort when it comes down to it. Even the flats are not comfortable. I'm all about cozy socks and sneakers and jeans. I keep thinking about what outfits and clothes I would wear the other shoes with though. And keep looking at new stuff out there, admiring the shoes themselves. Looking at what celebrities are wearing, noticing the trend of high heels with jeans as the new standard. I think it all looks great. It's just not comfortable or practical. My husband is not into heels at all and doesn't get them. He thinks they are crazy and thinks heels with jeans is so 80's. It is, but I guess that is the new trend again, yet a modern version.

I don't get it though. I've never been into trends before or even particularly into fashion at all. What is it about shoes that makes woman go shoe crazy over them? Why do we want so many of them? Weird.
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hehe must be the sex kitten in us! Smile I too love sexy high heels. But who has the ability to walk longer then an hour in high heels? I mean all normal people need to walk a long time...whether it's to go shopping, grocery shopping, going for walks, catching busses..etc. I guess we just secretly hope we will wear them one day lol.

I for on used to wear high heels for hours. I'd even go for walks wearing them. But I would be in soo much pain! So now, I still look cute but instead I wear cute pants and runners. I am tired of wrecking my feet just to impress people. The frustrating part is that a lot of people have wide feet. And generally they make heels for people with regular width feet. Of course it's going to hurt most people because they are too narrow!! So if you can find a shoe that are specifically made for your foot then i'm sure it would feel a lot more comfortable.

As far as cost goes i'd probably spend up to 800 bucks for shoes. I really would like to purchase a louboutin pair of shoes oneday! Smile

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
The most I've ever paid for a pair of dress shoes was $285.00. shock: I had been on "shoe restriction" for a couple of years, meaning I couldn't in good conscience buy another pair of shoes! They are very classy, black, princess heel, gold trimmed, and I feel really sophisticated when I wear them.

My theory about why we buy so many shoes is that shoes are the only fashion item that we can look down and see them without the aid of a mirror!

Enjoy your shoes. Like hairstyles and clothing, they're another way to express yourself without words.

D. D.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE BOOTS AND SANDALS, I JUST PURCHASED NINE WEST SANDALS IT COSTED ME $850 FOR 3 PAIRS.
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
My theory on women loving shoes is that they're much easier to shop for than clothing (especially now with teen sizing). Shoes generally fit everytime you ask for your size-and they never make you look like you've gained 5 pounds! Laughing

I can't fathom spending hundreds of dollars on one pair of shoes though. Maybe it's because of my living situation but, I thought my winter boots being $200 (they're made for extreme cold-very practical) was expensive!

I usually just shop for shoes at Aldo or Transit...where the average price is what? $60-80?!

Speaking of which, I want a new pair of flats... Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
The most I ever spent on shoes was $200. for my Nurse Mates.

Now that I've retired to hot + humid south Florida, $15. flip flops from Target are just what the Dr. ordered.... Cool.. Laughing

ETA: Sorry! I missed the 'dress shoe' bit.. Sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I was brought up in op shops (thrift shops). Consequently, nearly every pair of dress shoes I have ever owned have been second hand, including Vivienne Westwood shoes picked up in a St Vincent de Paul op shop for $8.

I picked up two pairs of Nine West high heel sandals for $2 each (one pair red suede, the other pair cork platforms and gold leather) three months ago, and one month ago at one op shop that was getting rid of all its shoes for $1 per pair I picked up:

- a pair of Tony Bianco 4 inch black stilletos
- a pair of Jane Debster slingback sandals
- a pair of open toe burgundy dress shoes by MK Design.
- a pair of extremely soft leather lace up ankle boots that don't have a label.

However I have very large calves and most boots won't zip up on me, so I have had two pairs of boots hand made at a cost of $600 and $500AU respectively. Second pair cost less because the shoemaker already had my foot measurements.

My oldest pair of shoes is a pair of 1960's gold sandals that I bought for 75 cents in 1987. They've been reheeled and resoled probably about 5 times and have lasted me 20 years because they only get worn about 4 or 5 times a year (and because I treat my dress shoes well and store them on shoe trees or stuff them well with old socks or stockings to retain their shape).
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
For a pair of heels that LOOK fab and FEEL good?? Priceless!!

I used to sneer at ppl who paid big bucks for designer shoes, then I got a pair of Prada 2" kitten heel boots...OMG! They are so comfy I could jog in them!! And they look diVINE. The cost/usage ratio is 1:1 since I wear them so much.

A girl owes herself at least ONE pair of great shoes that she can get a lot of mileage out of. Laughing They make you feel like a million!

Life is too short to spend it in shoes that hurt and look like sh!t. Dontcha think?

**Warning: expensive shoes are addicting. You'll never go back to PayLess!!**

BTW, what do the rest of you think about someone who has to wear custom handmade 600 euro red leather shoes while proclaiming to be the advocate of the poor? Seems like poor FORM to me! Sorry if this offends anyone...

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |