Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review-Kimberly Sayer Anti-Oxidant Moisturizing Cream-SPF 25
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Maggiehgz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm very interest in this line and will try this cream after view your post, thanks.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone still using this cream? I really want to try it but am a bit in doubt of its sun protection as it didn't list the % of Zinc Oxide & Titanium Dioxide. I emailed the company but still no reply from them yet. It's been a wk already...bad customer service! Sad
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
This cream seems like it would be really rich (maybe greasy?). Has anyone tried the other Kimberly Sayer SPF lotion? I want to try one of them, but I don't know which one to buy. I don't want it to be too rich or greasy. Anybody try both?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I'm still using this. It's the one sunscreen I always seem to come back to. For a little while I was using the ZO sunscreen but I eventually started to break out. I then tried the Caudalie sunscreen but that seemed too srtong for my sensitive skin and irritated it. I also tried Dr. Renaud but that left too white a film on the face. I had a generous sample of ReVive Sensitif Cellular Repair Cream SPF 15 but that also irritated my skin.

The Kimberly Sayer just seems to be the perfect one for my skin type. I have worn it on very high UV days and seem to have been very well protected by it. Yes, it is annoying not to know the percentage of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. I agree. But, it works very well for me.
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Yes, I'm still using this. It's the one sunscreen I always seem to come back to. For a little while I was using the ZO sunscreen but I eventually started to break out. I then tried the Caudalie sunscreen but that seemed too srtong for my sensitive skin and irritated it. I also tried Dr. Renaud but that left too white a film on the face. I had a generous sample of ReVive Sensitif Cellular Repair Cream SPF 15 but that also irritated my skin.

The Kimberly Sayer just seems to be the perfect one for my skin type. I have worn it on very high UV days and seem to have been very well protected by it. Yes, it is annoying not to know the percentage of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. I agree. But, it works very well for me.

Great, thanks so much. Based on your satisfaction with the product, I think I will give it a try! I really like the Eminence Tomato Sun cream as well, but it's only spf 16 which doesn't seem that high for the summer (since the summer is right around the corner!!), and it's a lot more expensive than the Kimberly Sayer Cream. Kimberly Sayer it will be!
tigger
5% products discount

Mon May 11, 2009 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I really wanted to like this sunscreen, but it was way to greasy for me. I have combo, sensitive skin (clogged t-zone, dry cheeks) and this sounded perfect.

Also, they say that the lemon oil in this formulation is for clarifying purposes and while this makes sense, it's still a photo sensitizer.

Keys Solar RX is much, much better.

Good luck!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tigger....did you use the lotion?? Just to clarify, the antioxidant cream does not contain lemon oil.

Sorry it did not work for you.
yoyo-mami
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 5:18 am      Reply with quote
what about the effect of this sunscreen?I also want to try it.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 6:20 am      Reply with quote
This sunscreen works for me. I seem to be well protected the times I am out in the sun, but I must say that I'm not really out for very long periods of time. I also have dry skin and this product provides the best level of moisturization for my skin type. Not too greasy.
tigger
5% products discount

Tue May 12, 2009 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee,

I used the lotion version. I really, really, really wanted this to work for me. The description seemed perfect and I loved the value (5oz for only $32?!), but it made me greasy and broke me out.

It's all good, though. I found the Keys Solar RX and it's the best I've used so far.
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Eds gave me a sample to me, but I have no feeling of it.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates on the percentages of ss actives? TIA!

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
rlook
5% products discount

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I sent an email last year to the kimberly sayer website with this exact question. They replied saying the total percentage of active SS is 14-15%, split evenly between zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
rlook wrote:
I sent an email last year to the kimberly sayer website with this exact question. They replied saying the total percentage of active SS is 14-15%, split evenly between zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.

Thank you rlook! So 7- 7.5 of zinc oxide, hmm- I assume thats not great UVA protection.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:
rlook wrote:

Thank you rlook! So 7- 7.5 of zinc oxide, hmm- I assume thats not great UVA protection.

CIBA generated that it has a PPD of 8.1 PA +++.

Its physical and it sounds great for dry skin. For British weather, this may be adequate. In high summer I think I will have to stick to a mexoryl sunscreen though.

LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've decided not to use this. It contains a hell of alot of Lavender Oil- there are concerns that it is photosensitizing. This product contains, at least, 6 % as it is listed before the SS actives.

"Topically, lavender oil is cytotoxic as well as photosensitizing. A study demonstrated that lavender oil is cytotoxic to human skin cells "in vitro" (endothelial cells and fibroblasts) at a concentration of 0.25%. Linalool, a component of lavender oil, reflected the activity of the whole oil, indicating that linalool may be the active component of lavender oil. ["Cytotoxicity of lavender oil and its major components to human skin cells" Prashar A, Locke IC, Evans CS] The result of another study showed that aqueous extracts reduced mitotic index, but induced chromosome aberrations and mitotic aberrations in comparison with control, significantly. Aqueous extracts induced breaks, stickiness, pole deviations and micronuclei. Furthermore, these effects were related to extract concentrations. ["Cytotoxic and genotoxic effects of Lavandula stoechas aqueous extracts" Celik TA (Celik, Tulay Askin), Aslanturk OS (Aslanturk, Ozlem Sultan)] "

http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/184739

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |