Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
HA serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi there...

I've haerd a couple of members here using HA serum by GoW.. can i know what's the benefit? anti-aging? i'm in my 22 this year.. isit necessary to start using?? Thanks!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi alimwj. I dont really know the serum you have asked about but if you are only 22 this year, then I don't think you should be worrying about anti aging yet - save that for your late 30's and onwards. It will come round soon enough. Its best for now to concentrate on your skin type, ie normal, dry or oily and Im sure once you find the right products for you, you'll keep those wrinkles at bay for even longer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
o.. hyalurnic acid? something like this.. LOL.. i'm not quite sure bout it myself.. just wondering what's that.. seems to see lots of ppl using it.. some say it helps with acne.. but i'm sure it helps with anti-aging..

yeah.. i'm not really worrying bout aging at the moment.. seeing that i've oily skin which pro-longed the process.. that's something good bout oily skin.. =)
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Ive just ordered Decleors Ylang Ylang Oil which is great for oily skin. I dont have very oily skin but Ive read some threads and its good for congestion and blemishes so what the hell, am giving it a go.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:48 am      Reply with quote
i've been eyeing to try that a long time.. LOL.. just can't bring myself to buy it.. afetr readign so much mixed reviews on it..
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I agree, its very confusing. I had the neroli in my cart for 2 days and then at the check out changed my mind to ylang ylang, which I never had considered before, but some of the positive reviews swayed me. If it clears some of the dark oily deposits sitting in my nose I'll be more than happy. Ive asked for a small neroli oil as a free sample so fingers crossed. The good thing about the Decleor range is there is no expiry or shelf life, where as on the Elemis products I use its 6 months so I can use the oil for a while and then store it and can keep reverting back if need be. Ive tried the balm essential which people rave about but alas it didnt help my breakout problem, but maybe the problem wasnt big enough to warrant the results I continually strive to get.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
good luck with it.. i think ylang ylang is the way to go if u dun want something too reactive.. and i guess consistent is the road to beautiful skin..

i'm so not consistent myself.. always tempted to try new stuff =)
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
alimwj wrote:
good luck with it.. i think ylang ylang is the way to go if u dun want something too reactive.. and i guess consistent is the road to beautiful skin..

i'm so not consistent myself.. always tempted to try new stuff =)

Laughing Laughing Laughing I rarely get to the bottom of a pot from any brand, cause Im always tempted by something else, but Im determinded to stick with Elemis this time and actually give the product time to do what it says it will. Slotting the oil into the routine is just an excuse to try something else.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Laughing
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I'll keep you posted alimwj. I'll pm you a week or so after I have received the oil and let you know if its worked any miracles.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I don't know that place you are talking about, but I am wondering whether your talking about Hyaluronic Acid (which is commonly referred to as HA).

Hyaluronic acid is one of those buzz topics at the moment that there appear to be quite contradictory views on it as there are some pros and cons to it.

Its is naturally found in the body and one of its primary jobs is to make the skin firm and provide support for the collagen and elastin fibers that give skin a firm, youthful appearance. Its also supposed to be able to bind up to 30 times its weight in water and thus be an excellent moisturising ingredient.

Now the arguments against it are that it does in fact usually sucks water out of the air, which therefore encourages water to sit on top of the outer skin barrier and thus weakens the proteins and loosens the skin barrier. So you allegedly get opened up to bacteria etc being able to penetrate into the skin deeper than usual.

Now on its plus side, it is said to plump up the skin but only temporarily and so doesn’t help with skin health or the remodelling process.

I have a serum of HA which I am using but haven’t had any problems with it yet. Its still early days though.
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
cindi, thanks for keeping me updated..

seanyseanUK.. wow.. that's informative.. thanks!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I read something similar recently. The article said that unless you have extremely dehydrated skin then an HA serum really isn't necessary.
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:13 am      Reply with quote
ah.. i see.. so HA serum is basically good for its moisturizing properties then ..
Sadrina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:06 am      Reply with quote
HA is a very nice moisturizer.

I use it frequently, mixed with a little oil (jojoba or emu).
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Some people on the GOW forum suggest spritzing your face with distilled water or a hydrosol after you applied HA, so it can 'drink' the water spritzed on your skin...
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:38 am      Reply with quote
ah.. isit suitable for oily skin? like a light weight moisturiser?
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I use Cellex C Hydra B5 gel and it is the best HA serum that i have used. It also contains panthenol which is beneficial to the skin.

I would highly recommend this. This product moisturises below the skin surface so you have to apply your retgular moisturiser on top.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
i seee.. but i'm already using herbal recovery gel from jurlique for this purpose..
sally72
5% products discount

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Hyaluronic Acid for quite a while and love it. It supposively plumps up and moisturizes areas that have wrinkles. I have seen an improvement with my skin since I started using it. I agree that 22 is too early to start using antiaging products. Wait until your late twenties. For now use a high sunscreen daily and some sort of moisturizer. And of course, cleanse!
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
o.. so it's more like an anti-aging then? thanks!!
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
saz07 wrote:
I use Cellex C Hydra B5 gel and it is the best HA serum that i have used. It also contains panthenol which is beneficial to the skin.

I would highly recommend this. This product moisturises below the skin surface so you have to apply your retgular moisturiser on top.

I love B5 gel too Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |