Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: 302 Skincare Part 1: Intro to a Non-Acid Regimen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I wrote to the same esthetician as Bethany and received a fairly simple, short answer to my question as well. I did end up ordering through her though simply because it was the one site I found that I could order everything online without having to have a phone consultation first. I had done so much research on my own and talked with boski enough that I felt comfortable with my product choices already. However, in all fairness, I see Dr. Huber's point. If I didn't have boski and my own nerdy need to research products throroughly I could easily buy the wrong products for my needs through online shopping. I do wish he'd approve of an email consultation though (like many ladies do with JoElla for Osmosis or Karin Herzog). I'm always concerned with phone consultations that I'm going to get talked into buying extra products if I get a sales oriented (rather than customer satisfaction oriented) esthetician. I am comfortable with Dr. Huber's intentions based on boski's opinion of him but I doubt he has the time to keep a close eye on every representative that sells his products. I was a bit disappointed in the short response I got from the online esthetician although her recommendations were in line with what the 302 site recommended for my skin issues.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:
Hmmm. I'm a medical writer and I write about cosmetic procedures (injectable fillers, usually) as well as drugs. Boski, tell the good doctor that you know an award-winning medical writer who will help him edit his book in exchange for products and consultation!

What an offer!! I will certainly pass that along to him. PM me with your email and I'll get him in touch with you.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I really don't think it's a marketing ploy to get people to buy their products. They are making it more difficult to buy their products, and they don't advertise at all. It's all word of mouth. I believe they just want to have more control of the situation so people don't get into a situation where they make things worse and then start badmouthing the products. For example, if you totally ignore all the precautions and protocols on the website, go buy the strongest products in their line (the super serum and lightening drops for example) and start slathering it on day and night, every day, you ARE going to get irritated and dry even without acid use. It's all a matter of educating yourself and then you can decide on a course of action in partnership with the esthetician.

The place that mamawalnut bought from seems like she is not complying with company policy and still using shopping carts with prices. Don't know how much longer she will be able to do that. Because they will eventually stop supplying her.

They have a money-back guarantee I found out, if you are not satisfied for any reason, you can return the product for refund (less shipping). I didn't see this before, but it's on their website:

http://302skincare.com/consumer_faq.html
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Perhaps we are jumping the gun buy thinking that it is just a marketing ploy when the website says their products should not be used with any others. We haven't yet got a definitive answer as to why they should be used on their own but it doesn't mean that their isn't a very plausable answer.

I don't believe it is a marketing "ploy" in this instance. I consider it more of a marketing "strategy," based on the goal of maximizing customer results in the shortest period of time (which is a much more ethical approach than a ploy). And that ultimately drives increased revenues for them (which may actually be their secondary goal).

I think their intentions are definitely very good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Bethany.....got your point. All of this info on 302 skin care came at the right time for me because I was looking around for some new skin care products. I don't have anything to "use up" as I have used up all that I have. That's why I jumped in and purchased some of the 302 products. It's always good to be careful and research and ask a lot of questions. I was very inpulsive this time. I hope I don't regret that.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
The place that mamawalnut bought from seems like she is not complying with company policy and still using shopping carts with prices. Don't know how much longer she will be able to do that. Because they will eventually stop supplying her.

They have a money-back guarantee I found out, if you are not satisfied for any reason, you can return the product for refund (less shipping). I didn't see this before, but it's on their website:

http://302skincare.com/consumer_faq.html

I agree that the website I ordered from is probably not in compliance with the 302 policy, especially since after searching online it was the only site I found that I could order the 302 drops without calling first. It was posted on another thread how OCMed quit selling 302 late last year after the company put a stop to their online sales without consultations. I have a feeling this site will have to change their ways at some point. And I guess I'll have to get ready to use the phone to place any future orders. Smile

ETA: I see how people can debate the two sides of making 302 only available after an esthetician consultation (beneficial for sales vs beneficial for customers' results) but for me the main point for me is whether these products work or not. That is the reason I love this forum - honest, unbiased opinions from real users. Boski's results and my search for an effective non-acid line are what convinced me to give it a try.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I have communicated with Dr. Huber himself, and asked about using outside products along with the 302 line. My understanding is that as long as they are non-acid and non-inflammatory (i.e. no peptides, no acids, no growth factors, etc.), it is fine...but that any active should not be used daily. I was also told that infrequent use of tazorac or other non-acid retinoids are acceptable. Not retin-A, however. I do think one should just use 302 alone first, to wean the skin off of irritants, etc. prior to reintroducing outside products.

I was NOT told this, but my best guess would be that using acids or irritating topicals along with 302 may be damaging to the skin because the 302 molecule (named for its size) can indeed penetrate the upper layers of the skin, and perhaps there is a risk of the 302 bringing other acids and other topical irritants that one may be be using too deep into the skin as well. Again, just my hypothesis.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Love the fact they have a money back guarantee if you arent happy with the products, not so loving the fact I need a phone consultation, when I'm in the UK and they arent!

agree an email consultation/questionaire thing would be more convenient..

But it's a small point, after all. Wink
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Question: Has anyone used the 302 drops or serum around the eye area? I see that they have an eye product but it does not contain the avocatin 302 that these products have.
havana8

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
Question: Has anyone used the 302 drops or serum around the eye area? I see that they have an eye product but it does not contain the avocatin 302 that these products have.

In the expanded ingredient listings posted on Spa Solé's website there is something called avocado glycerides although that doesn't sound the same as the patented Avocatin 302 (avogen™)...

Ingredients as posted on 302: Extracts from certified organic plants: german chamomile, rosemary, lemon balm, lavender and green tea; rice peptides, fibronectin, glycerine, mixed silicones, prepolymer 2, cellulose polymer, urea, vanilla extract, methylisothiazolinone, mint extract

Ingredients as posted on Spa Solé: Certified organic, aqueous extracts of salvia sclarea (clary sage), rosemarinus officinalis (rosemary), citrus nobilis/lavandula intermedia (mandarin lavender), lippia citriodora (lemon verbena); avocado glycerides, phyto-squalane, certified kosher glycerine, ppg-12/smdi copolymer (polyolprepolymer 2), cetyl hydroxycellulose, ammonium acrylate, urea. stearyldimoniumhydroxypropyl laurylglucosides chloride, lavender oil, tangerine oil, peppermint oil, disodium EDTA
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
That is something that has me totally baffled. Different sites listing different ingredients for these products. Maybe someone who has the eye stuff can tell us what the ingredients are and if it has the avocatin 302 in it. I'd still like to know if you can use the other stuff around the eyes though. The ingredient lists I've found for all of the products vary by seller. Rolling Eyes
havana8

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
updating what I posted earlier with Spa Solé's listings…

A-boost

Ingredients as posted on 302: Phyto-lipids of avocado, organic jojoba oil, retinyl palmitate, retinol, camphor tangerine and mint extracts

Ingredients as posted on Spa Solé: Deionized Water, Vitamin A Ester, Squalane, Capric Triglycerides, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Ceteareth-20, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxycellulose, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile

C-boost

Ingredients as posted on 302: Phyto-lipids of avocado, organic jojoba oil, tetrahexyldecylascorbate, tangerine oil, camphor, lavender oil and mint extract

Ingredients as posted on Spa Solé: Deionized Water, Vitamin C Ester, Squalane, Capric Triglycerides, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Ceteareth-20, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxycellulose, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Me three!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
On the 302 website it says that the eye serum contains: short chain rice peptides, amino acid fibronectin and urea along with Avocatin 302. And, that is why I purchased this product.I don't think I would have if I did not specifically read this on their website re the eye serum.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Curiosity got the best of me and I went into the Lisa Bradley salon in San Francisco. I talked to her awhile about the line and she said it can be used with other products as long as they aren't acidic. She said that alot of customers of hers that fly alot use this line.

She only carries certain products and was told by the company recently that they are adding some new moisturizers.

It is a totally different approach to skincare. It is all about thickening the skin especially the older you get.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Curiosity got the best of me and I went into the Lisa Bradley salon in San Francisco. I talked to her awhile about the line and she said it can be used with other products as long as they aren't acidic. She said that alot of customers of hers that fly alot use this line.

She only carries certain products and was told by the company recently that they are adding some new moisturizers.

It is a totally different approach to skincare. It is all about thickening the skin especially the older you get.

I know you, Cookie. You were smoking that cc again, weren't you? What did you try? Did she explain why she only carries certain items?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Damn it Blues, my CC is on serious fire. I bought the cleanser, serum and C-boost. She carries these certain products and feels they are the necessary ones in the line.

normal to dry cleanser
calming mist
302 serum
A-boost
C-boost
the beauty bar
body moisturizer which she says flies out of there.

She game me a sample of her own moisturizer to try over the drops but said that any can be used as long as it doesn't have acids. I have the Vita-a- apricot and that does. She also said to alternate every day with the serum and drops and didn't seem concerned about starting immediately.

She has been in the business for a long time and is really impressed with this line. I REALLY didn't want to hear that. I have absolutely NO willpower!!!!!!!!!!
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
It is Lisa Bradbury salon not
Bradley for anyone that live in San Francisco.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
MBGirl wrote:
I have communicated with Dr. Huber himself, and asked about using outside products along with the 302 line. My understanding is that as long as they are non-acid and non-inflammatory (i.e. no peptides, no acids, no growth factors, etc.), it is fine...but that any active should not be used daily. I was also told that infrequent use of tazorac or other non-acid retinoids are acceptable. Not retin-A, however. I do think one should just use 302 alone first, to wean the skin off of irritants, etc. prior to reintroducing outside products.

I was NOT told this, but my best guess would be that using acids or irritating topicals along with 302 may be damaging to the skin because the 302 molecule (named for its size) can indeed penetrate the upper layers of the skin, and perhaps there is a risk of the 302 bringing other acids and other topical irritants that one may be be using too deep into the skin as well. Again, just my hypothesis.

Now this is the kind of info I was looking for! And it also shows that the company is open to sharing info...a very good thing. Smile

But I can't give up my Retin A now....I just bought 6 new tubes from Mexico!!! Shock Shock Shock

Drat.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Damn it Blues, my CC is on serious fire. I bought the cleanser, serum and C-boost. She carries these certain products and feels they are the necessary ones in the line.

normal to dry cleanser
calming mist
302 serum
A-boost
C-boost
the beauty bar
body moisturizer which she says flies out of there.

She game me a sample of her own moisturizer to try over the drops but said that any can be used as long as it doesn't have acids. I have the Vita-a- apricot and that does. She also said to alternate every day with the serum and drops and didn't seem concerned about starting immediately.

She has been in the business for a long time and is really impressed with this line. I REALLY didn't want to hear that. I have absolutely NO willpower!!!!!!!!!!

Cookie, so she uses the products herself? How did her complexion look?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie,
I'll be anxiously waiting to hear what you're results are with the C boost. Did she recommend how to use these with KH?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cookie,
this is the news I've been waiting for - incorporating the 302 with KH. Knew it had to be okay if done in the right way. thanks. SIS.
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
On the 302 website it says that the eye serum contains: short chain rice peptides, amino acid fibronectin and urea along with Avocatin 302. And, that is why I purchased this product.I don't think I would have if I did not specifically read this on their website re the eye serum.

On the 302 website it states under the eye products mechanisms section that "avocatin 302 provides sustainable protein synthesis" but when you refer to the ingredients list on this site as well as all of the other sites the ingredient itself is not listed in the eye product.
This is the source of my confusion. I am wondering if the eye product is simply meant to enhance the other products in the eye area.
However, the serum and drops seem to contain a number of irritants. So could any of you folks tell me if you have been using the 302 serum or drops under the eye area. And if it can be used comfortably?
My eye area seems to be where I need the most help, but I dont want a case of conjuctivitis or anything!!
Any help would be appreciated.
Leeleedeedee, do you still have your original package for the eye product as maybe the avocatin 302 is listed on it and the website simply made an error in omitting it? Oh bugger me and my inquisitive mind, nothing is ever simple for me!!!!! Brick wall
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Lilredhead - inquiring minds want to know.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
One of the ingredients in the eye product is methylisothiazolinone and there are numerous opinions of this ingredient as to whether it should be used on the skin. Some have said it can contribute to nerve damage and most refer to it being an ingredient in household cleaning products to prevent bacteria. Does anyone know any positive info on this ingredient?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |