Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best clay mask?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LJ604
5% products discount

Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good clay/purifying pore mask. I have used DDF's clay mask and I did not like it. I have also tried a skinceuticals clay mask, and I liked it but it is quite expensive.

Laura
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I really like my ProActiv clay mask with sulfur, but if you don't have acne or oily skin, it might not be appropriate for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Mud Mask..or watever it's called! Very different from other clay/mud masks. It's powder form. very very fine powders that goes deep in your pores.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:24 am      Reply with quote
If you look there are quite a few threads on the board with recommendations for good clay masks.
Lots of people sem to like the Dr H Clay Mask, also Indigo Wild do a great powder clay mask similar to the Dr Hauschka one. I'm currently using one by Kimberly Sayer and it's really helped clear my skin.
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
You definitely should try Aztec secret Indian healing clay. You can find it in whole foods or online its cheep and it does a great job.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
If you use your mask for spot-treating blemishes instead of as an all-over mask, then I recommend PSF's mud mask.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
If you use your mask for spot-treating blemishes instead of as an all-over mask, then I recommend PSF's mud mask.

I agree. I used to own several jars of these cos it was great at "deflating" the pimples. But I used mine to spot treat and as an all over mask on my t-zone but I wouldnt use it on my cheeks though cos I think it'll be too strong.
There was a recent thread on the PSF clay mask started by Olivia I think, maybe you could read her comments on it

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:

I'm another PSF clay mask lover, works wonders, for me anyway.
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been addicted to the Kate somerville clearing mask. I have yet to find any better so far Smile But it all depends on your skin. I have oily/combo so this works great for me!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have very severe acnes, and I found z.bigatti impact enzyme mask can help. I think it can dramatically exfiolate my skin and clean (or sterile?) it. As a result it can degrade the outside layer of the pimples and therefore actually treat them. However, if your skin is thin or you don't have any problem, i guess you won't find how good it is.
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
How about Borghese?
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I guess it depends on your requirements. If you just want something can thoroughly clean your skin, then there are quite a lot of choices, borghese might be the toppest, however, these masks are very dehydrating and sometimes make you ache. If you want something can not only clean your skin, but gentle enough, I guess you might try some more expensive stuffs.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
miko wrote:
You definitely should try Aztec secret Indian healing clay. You can find it in whole foods or online its cheep and it does a great job.

Miko, where at WF do you find this? I looked today in the skin care aisle and couldn't find it?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not Miko but in my Whole Foods, the Aztec Clay is by the skin care items or items for feet but on the bottom shelf. Ask your local WF health products salesperson where they have it on their shelf as it may differ. If they don't have it in stock, they definitely can order it at Whole Foods (it's on their order list). It'll save you shipping and handling that way.

At my local Whole Foods, they carry Aztec Clay (bentonite - http://aztec-secret.com/Clay.htm) and Coso Green Clay by Magick Botanicals (www.magickbotanicals.com ). I prefer the Aztec Clay by a lot!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
yeeyaw wrote:
How about Borghese?

I tried the dark green one, it's really dry, I think it good for oily skin.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I like the PSF acne mud mask as well, and the H20+ acne rescue mask
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I like the skinceutical clay mask & MD Forte mask, both work good for my skin. I alternate between the two masks.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried a sample of the Suki clay mask, and I found it to be total crap. Just cheap kaolin. Go for a mask that uses bentonite or French green clay or SOMETHING more than just kaolin!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
LJ604
5% products discount

Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for all the suggestions! I ended up purchasing the Dr. H Clay mask..and I will probably go hunting for that Aztec mask from whole foods.
Melona
5% products discount

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Pevonia Moor Mud mask, it's actually for the body but I also use it for the face. It's terribly messy but my skin feels so soft and clean afterwards. And plus I love the piney, muddy smell. It's supposed to be moor mud straight from the Austrian moors with fermented dead things from 1000s of years ago. I only hope I don't smear on some dead partially decomposed animal!
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I love french clay, but I have found another powdery mask that works like a charm. It is with chocolate (really, and smells chocolaty too!)

Quote:
Main ingredients:
Certified Organic & Fair Trade Pure Cocoa Powder (From the Trinitario & Criollo Cocoa Beans of Hispaniola)
Which contains a polyphenol called epicatechin - a natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory & anti-oxidant that helps to guard cells from free radical damage which causes skin to age.

Rhassoul Clay - A deep cleansing, anti-microbial that does not irritate the sebaceous glands. In fact, it regulates the amount of sebum (natural oil) secreted from the skin.

100% Pure Banana Powder - Contains Tryptophan, a rich amino acid, extremely beneficial for both hair and skin. Potassium, which adds super softening properties as well as Vitamins C, A1, B12, folic acid, natural oils and carbohydrates.

this stuff really cleaned my stubborn pores. I received the sample from the sample pack, but I will stock up when finishing the sample.

https://anitagrant.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=68&category_id=16&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=41
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I use Dr Michelle Copeland Clay mask and i really like it. Its not drying but soaks up all the oil and is easy to wash off.

It is fragrance free and contains antioxidants. It doeant sting like other masks ive used and leaves my skin smooth and soft. My oil stays at bay for 4 days which is wonderful because no matter what i used before it would be oily the next day.

I use it twice a week on t zone and once a week on the rest of the face. I have combo/oily sensitve skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I like Marcelle!
shmily.huo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:29 am      Reply with quote
I think you might like Aesop Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque.
taojonz

Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have great results making my own mask, using rhassoul clay. It is amazing...will naturalize the skin (correct oily, and hydrate dry) I've mixed it with a simple goat milk base. Skin is exfoliated, vibrant, really great looking after rhassoul.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |