Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Under eye skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
HELP!!! Anybody have a treatment/product to help the skin under my eyes? All the elasticity seems gone and it is like crinkled old tissue paper and to top it off I have dark circles (always have had actually) and the skin just makes concealer look awful.WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
appyone

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I share your pain! I can be found bemoaning the very same thing on any number of threads.

I have come to the conclusion that a lot of eye creams make things worse (for example, glycerin - a common ingredient in eye cream - can have a negative effect on the undereye area). I've just ordered PSF phtyo-lift cranberry eye gel because I hear this is very good for 'tightening' the area (albeit temporarily). I am taking action more from 'the inside' to try and address my problem area and have increased my efforts over the last week, with encouraging results. Here's my battle plan:

Drink as much water as possible - hydration seems to be a major key in the war against a fatigued-looking undereye area.
Get more sleep.
Eat less salt.
Eye exercises (I do the one where the finger 'rests' on the bone just beneath the eye, and then use the muscles to lift without scrunching up the brow).
Derma Wand (Kassy_A posted her routine for tackling this specific area.)

I use Bobbi Brown Corrector and this is the most effective makeup I've found. It doesn't settle into any lines, and 'corrects' the colour caused by the dark circle so less foundation/concealer is needed.

HTH and good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I'm with you...putting on makeup isn't fun anymore...The skin under my eyes moves when I apply concealer and then just stays there! I don't think anythink really helps except some type of PS or maybe some kind of injection fillers....I am tempted to look into it! Keep us posted on your results of the PSF Cranberry...I am thinking of ordering it as well. I use as a temporary tightening agent...Insta Tox by Serious Skin Care...You have to be careful when you put it on because you could get the area too white looking but I am pretty happy with the results. It temporarily tightens and smoothes your skin....
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I have this same issue under my eyes and I've been seeing improvement with Serious Skin care's Reverse Lift Eye Cream. Actually I'm using the Reverse Lift Face Serum first then the eye cream and lastly the Reverse Lift Face Cream. I've never had any luck with most firming products but I'm quite impressed with the results from these products. My under eye area is looking much firmer and less crepey. I saw results pretty quickly with these products. I know HSN is sold out of the Reverse Lift Eye Cream and they are also sold out of the 3 pc. Reverse Lift Kit. I know you can get these products individually from Serious Skin-cares own web site or probably from E-bay.

http://www.seriousskincare.com/the_cart.asp?compid=17

http://www.seriousskincare.com/rl.asp
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks - checking out the reverse lift eye cream - Still need to find one that works for me.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
babs1031 wrote:
I use as a temporary tightening agent...Insta Tox by Serious Skin Care...You have to be careful when you put it on because you could get the area too white looking but I am pretty happy with the results. It temporarily tightens and smoothes your skin....

I tried 'Insta Tox' a couple of years ago, but all it did was dry the fragile area further, and leave a white film that accentuated the negative..... Shock I think it would be better on someone younger, without the advanced signs of aging that I was dealing with.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi:
Thanks to all, glad to know I am not alone!!!
I'll wait to see how the cranberry works out.
By the by...don't fall for the Youthology infomercials.
A

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
This sucks completely - I gave up on the concealer thing a couple of years ago because I really thought it highlighted the wrinkles not cover the dark circles. I started using bare escentuals, it covers well and doesn't settle in the lines as much as liquid makeup.
I have been using SkinMedica Eye Illuminating cream with a drop of emu oil, things are better but I am always looking for the silver bullet.

keli13 what other products have you tried that didn't work - might as well start a list for myself Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
About a month ago I decided to try the lips2kiss system (Fantastic BTW) and following Kandis's instructions began using the ULLE (Upper lip line eliminator) and LE (Line Eliminator) around the eyes - Wow what awesome products!! I cannot say enough good things about all of her products but since we are on the subject of under eye skin - I highly recommend trying her ULLE & LE. I noticed plumping and hydrating right away and now after 30 days I see the fine lines disappearing. So far, this is much better than any eye cream I have ever tried.

I believe this is one of those 'rare' products that actually produces visible results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
About a month ago I decided to try the lips2kiss system (Fantastic BTW) and following Kandis's instructions began using the ULLE (Upper lip line eliminator) and LE (Line Eliminator) around the eyes - Wow what awesome products!! I cannot say enough good things about all of her products but since we are on the subject of under eye skin - I highly recommend trying her ULLE & LE. I noticed plumping and hydrating right away and now after 30 days I see the fine lines disappearing. So far, this is much better than any eye cream I have ever tried.

I believe this is one of those 'rare' products that actually produces visible results.

so you are using products designed for the lips on your under eyes with not adverse affects and they are working ... that is brilliant!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fairlady! (this is gonna be long)

I'm also using Kandis' lips2kiss system and I also love it. It's also not that expensive when you take into account her specials. There were some huge specials around thanksgiving time, I bought a couple and I haven't had to order anything since. The products I'm not using yet are sitting in the fridge so that they're nice and fresh when I do get to them.

I'm really interested in your experience with the ULLE and LE. I'm only 21 so honestly I don't think these products are appropriate for me. However, they are appropriate for my mom so I got the ULLE and LE for her as a present. (I told her all about the lips system and she was 100% against it, Kandis even sent me the Sexy Mama lip gloss for her to try and she didn't like it) Unfortunately it was only after I presented my mom with her second set of LE and ULLE that my mom confessed that she doesn't like them... Sad

My mom says she just doesn't like using the products, it makes her skin "feel warm" and she prefers stuff like lancome and estee lauder... Honestly I'm the most skincare savvy person of my family. I buy stuff for both my sister and my mom and all I ask is that they use the products I give them! I'm mostly giving up though, now I only give them stuff if they specifically ask for it.

Anyway, I'm left with an unopened LE and ULLE just sitting in my fridge... I guess I just wanted to vent.

fairlady wrote:

Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

so you are using products designed for the lips on your under eyes with not adverse affects and they are working ... that is brilliant!!!!

No, the LE (Line Eliminator) and ULLE (Upper Lip Line Eliminator) are both part of face2flaunt, Kandis' products for the face. (Although the night lip cream, which is part of the lip system doubles as a great eye cream as well) Kandis' website:www.lips2kiss.com
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
Alley wrote:

No, the LE (Line Eliminator) and ULLE (Upper Lip Line Eliminator) are both part of face2flaunt, Kandis' products for the face. (Although the night lip cream, which is part of the lip system doubles as a great eye cream as well) Kandis' website:www.lips2kiss.com

Does lips2kiss ship internationally, and if yes, is it reasonable?
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
londonfan wrote:

Probably. E-mail Kandis- she is famous for her customer service. It's very personal and one on one, I have no idea how she does it.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
londonfan wrote:
Nimue wrote:
Alley wrote:

Yes, L2K ships internationally. At least they did one (or maybe two?) year ago when I tried the L2K system. I only ordered once, as I didn't experience any lip plumping. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
londonfan wrote:
Nimue wrote:
Alley wrote:

Yes, L2K ships internationally. At least they did one (or maybe two?) year ago when I tried the L2K system. I only ordered once, as I didn't experience any lip plumping. Smile

Thanks novembergirl!
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue:

At age 21 you certainly do not need ULLE or LE just yet - Maybe in about 10-12 years, until then save your $$.

As far as your mom goes - Wow, I am surprised that she doesn't care for it. I have just begun to see the first signs of aging within this past year and I have experimented with dozens of products - this one is by far a real winner. The ULLE is very smooth and buttery and absorbs within minutes. The LE is sticky/tacky and I only use that one at night - but these products produce very fast results.

I am very particular (I do not even think Cellcosmet is all that wonderful) and I would give a testimonial to Kandis on her products anytime + her customer service is beyond all others.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
If you need moisture, I'd rec Clinique All About Eyes, the new formula.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
Nimue:

At age 21 you certainly do not need ULLE or LE just yet - Maybe in about 10-12 years, until then save your $$.

As far as your mom goes - Wow, I am surprised that she doesn't care for it. I have just begun to see the first signs of aging within this past year and I have experimented with dozens of products - this one is by far a real winner. The ULLE is very smooth and buttery and absorbs within minutes. The LE is sticky/tacky and I only use that one at night - but these products produce very fast results.

I am very particular (I do not even think Cellcosmet is all that wonderful) and I would give a testimonial to Kandis on her products anytime + her customer service is beyond all others.

This is my problem- I have these great products that are inappropriate for me. I think I can use LE though since it's supposed to lighten discoloration and I have a few spots from acne and sun that I'd like to fade. (I'm good about sunscreen now, I wasn't always though)

My mom- I don't think she really pays attention to what effect different products actually have. She cares about how it feels when she applies them. She did at some point say that although she hated putting the LE and ULLE they did seem to work, but she actually likes using her other products. Instead of using products that may actually work and not just smell nice, she saves her money for the botox. Go figure!

I know about the botox and it's kind of annoying that she does this thing and we're supposed to not know about it. For example, if I'm saying to my sister that it's super important to wear sunscreen to protect against premature aging, if my dad is within hearing range he'll argue that our mom loves the sun and look at her skin, she has no wrinkles. I'm really tempted to reply with, "It's the botox, dad" but of course I resist and say something about my mom's wonderful genetics and natural skin, that not everyone is so fortunate.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
My mom says she just doesn't like using the products, it makes her skin "feel warm" and she prefers stuff like lancome and estee lauder... Honestly I'm the most skincare savvy person of my family. I buy stuff for both my sister and my mom and all I ask is that they use the products I give them! I'm mostly giving up though, now I only give them stuff if they specifically ask for it.

Nimue, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!

It's so nice of you to put yourself out and share what you love or use, but sometimes your good intentions just fall on deaf ears.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Just enjoy the wonderful rewards, of your skin care regime. And be happy that you have found this forum, where you can find all the tools you need, to keep your girlish glow for a very long time Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:32 am      Reply with quote
So...is anyone out there with serious crepey under eye skin using the Kandis lip products with good results? I am keeping a sweaty hand on my CC but am terribly tempted Rolling Eyes
Appyone

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi appyone:

If you want some feedback from lips2kiss users you can do a quick search for ULLE and 3 threads will be listed - all of the threads discuss reviews and results from the products.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Very recently, I read that after 30, you should consume less sugar so that your skin won't sag as fast.
For me, that will be hard! Laughing
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I found this site about two months ago and strongly recommend these exercises.

Also VitK, vitB12, water and a low salt diet help.
I use obagi 5% vitC for eye area.
kracker
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
age old recommendation - but it works

sleep and water!!
lots of both... not just one night, but regularly
will see a huge difference within weeks!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |