Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need serious skin care help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kathleen66

Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am hoping I can get some advice. I am 42 (as of today Very Happy ) and my skin is causing me a lot of grief. I have fair skin with large pores especially in my T-zone, with acne scars on either side of my chin, and some in my cheeks. Additionally I have pinky red thread veins, with one really noticeable squiggly one.

I really like to use natural skin care or at least skin care with minimal chemical ingredients. I have tried Avalon Organics, Zia, Korres, Pangea and in my earlier years, Origins, Estee Lauder, etc.

My main grievance is my uneven skin tone. I see that people mention Vitamin C serums -- are there any in the natural/organic area? Or how about a full line of skin care that caters to sensitive skin and has active natural ingredients? Is Osea a good line to try?

thanks,
Kathleen
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kathleen, I think if you look Kimberly Sayer is an Organic skincare line and she has a Vitamin C Serum Gel if you were interested in trying one. I personally haven't had much success with Vitamin C Serums but I know plenty of other people have.
I'd definitely recommend you have a look at Henry Tianus skincare if you're looking for a bit more out of your skincare. They're marketed as 'advanced natural cosmeceuticals' andthe brand seems to have won quite a few awards for their products. I did try a few of their products a while ago now and was impressed and it seems since then they have added a number of new more advanced products to their range.

I use Osea products, and whilst I love the Advanced Protection Cream in particular, I think it would be bst to try the trial kit Osea offers since it's quite an 'active' line and some people found it irritated their skin.

I've actually recently come across a new natural organic skincare line called Sophyto. I just ordered their cleanser and a trial pack of their products but it sounds like a really interesting line.
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
For me, when I used Dr. H's Rhythmic Night Conditioner for 3 weeks or so continuously, I noticed a great improvement in my skin tone.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kathleen

If you want to go the natural route Dr. Hauschka has some fabulous product. Below are three that might be a nice choice for your skin. You can check out the whole Dr. H line in the EDS Spa. You will find links to members reviews.

Dr Hauschka Normalizing Day Oil

Description:
Regulates the overproduction of oil by the skin.
Regulates the size of the skin's pores.
Protects the skin from exposure to sunlight and cold

Skin Types:
Dry
Oily
Impure
Large Pores

Quote:
Useage:
Use in the morning after Cleansing Cream and Facial Toner or Clarifying Toner.
Tap 3 or 4 drops of Normalising Day Oil into the palm of your hand.
Gently apply to the face, neck and earlobes, pressing gently until it is absorbed.
How It Works
Oily skin is usually treated with harsh astringents to strip away the excess oil leaving the skin feeling squeaky clean. However, this actually encouages the skin to produce even more oil!

Your skin, finding oil already present (in the form of the Normalisisng Day oil), slows down its own production.

Hints and Tips
For dry skin with large pores, mix moisturising Day Cream and Normalising Day Oil together.
Whatever your skin type, if you wish to have some protection against windy weather, just add 1 or 2 drops of Normalising Day Oil to the Moisturising Day Cream or Rose Day Cream before applying.
Oily or acne skin should be treated to a weekly warm oil pack. Just warm about 6 drops of oil in a spoon over a boiling kettle (for example) and apply to your face and neck. Leave for 5 minutes, then run your flannel under the hot tap, wring it out, and hold to your face to compress the oil into the skin. Use a tissue to absorb any excess.
If necessary, oily or acne skin can also be treated to a cleansing mask - first steam your face using Facial Steam Bath (diluted in water), then mix up the Cleansing Clay Mask and apply to your face. Leave for 3-10 minutes (depending on your skin) and rinse off thoroughly.
Inner Cosmetic are also useful a a detoxifying treatment.
Normalising Day Oil, or indeed any of the Dr Hauschka moisturisers, should not be used at night time as the skin uses this period to excrete toxins absorbed during the day - so any products that interfere with these natural processes should be avoided.
Daily use of night creams can mean that the skin becomes dependent on an external source of moisture rather than producing its own.
If your skin feels taut after cleansing in the evening, be patient. Wait 20-30 minutes and the skin will re-balance itself. Make sure that you are rinsing the Cleansing Cream off properly. If you have been using night crams for a long time, then your skin may need extra support in the changeover period to Dr Hauschka, and in this case, we recommend the Skin Conditioner N ampoules.

Ingredients:
Anthyllis vulneraria Extract, Apricot (Prunus armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus dulcis) Oil, Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Oil, Carrot (Daucus carota) Extract, St John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) Extract, Wheat (Triticum vulgare) Germ Oil, Calendula officinalis Extract, Neem (Melia azadirachta) Leaf Extract, Jojoba (Buxus chinensis) Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream

Description:
A very important core product in the Dr Hauschka facial skin care range. This cream deeply cleanses but also maintains the pH balance so that the acidic barrier protecting your skin is not broken down. It maintains and supports the skin's natural moisture level.
Cleanses deeply, removing dirt particles and skin secretions
Serves as a gentle exfoliant when used daily
Activates skin to cleanse itself
Preserves natural pH balance of the skin

Dr Hauschka Clarifying Toner

Description:
Stimulates and regulates the skin's functions to produce the optimum amount of oil required.
Begins the nourishing and balancing stage of skin care.
Restores the elasticity of the pores after cleansing.
Freshens the skin.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |