Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Skincerity?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I did receive it yesterday and used it on one hand last night. I applied it after I applied lotion. I didn't have any problem getting it off - in fact, it was already peeling off when I got up this morning. There were no overnight miracles - my hands look very much the same today. As Riley said, the acetone dissipates quickly. However, if you have fragrance allergies, you might want to stay away from this product. The fragrance of the product after the acetone dissipates is very strong. In fact, it gave me a bit of a headache as I tried to get to sleep.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried it 2 nights running now and have not yet seen any difference in my skin from it but I did not expect to after just a couple of uses. I apply my face products around 6pm and then the Skincerity just before bed at 9.30 to 10pm. I have not had any reaction to it but do find that in the morning it is starting to peel off by itself. I think it may depend on how oily your skin is. I can easily rub the remains off on dry skin and it is certainly all gone by the time I wash my face. The only thing I am uncertain about is that it is appearing to come off in the oily areas during the night so I am just wondering how much effect I would be getting from it if is coming off by itself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I actually have another concern about using this that I'm noticing after a second night of use on one of my hands. In cold weather, I tend to sleep as if I'm in a cocoon - all balled up. I stick my hands under my pillow to keep them warmer. The hand with the skincerity had some deep wrinkles on it this morning, and I'm concerned that the skincerity keeps the wrinkles from your sleep on your skin longer than if you didn't use the skincerity.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Interesting, Skippie. I also sleep with my hands tucked under my pillow. I have not noticed any deeper wrinkles in the morning on my hands. Sorry, you may have said this, but are you using other products on your hands and then covering it with Skincerity?

Bushy, I wonder if the product is coming off due to what you are using on your face? I know I only used the product on my entire face the first night, but I used it with no products underneath and I had one heck of a time getting it off my skin. The comment about how oily ones skin is certainly may have some play in this, as well. I have very normal skin with no oily or dry patches.

I haven't noticed any difference in my hands, either but it is early still. I will say that after a few nights use that the acetone definitely does not bother me at all and the "fragrance" that the product has seems to get less pronounced every night, as well.
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Houston and this product is made here.

I have tried this product as a sample for two weeks. It was very high tech and I felt very luxurious doing it. Don't know if it did a thing for my skin.

I forgot to wear it some nights.

At first, it came right off. The more I wore it, the harder it was for the darn thing to come off. I called their hotline service and they said it was harder for the product to come off since my face was becoming less oily from the product.

It does have a strange scent to it.

They now have an acne one that I would think would be fun to try.

I tried the product about a year and a half ago.
I t
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Interesting, Skippie. I also sleep with my hands tucked under my pillow. I have not noticed any deeper wrinkles in the morning on my hands. Sorry, you may have said this, but are you using other products on your hands and then covering it with Skincerity?

I am using the skincerity after my lotion, Riley. I haven't had a problem with it peeling off in the morning.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Skippie! I guess we'll see in a few weeks if this stuff will do anything or not! Very Happy
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am certain that it tends to peel off on oily skin. In the morning, it has started to peel off on the oily parts of my face and I am able to then grab a chunk and continue to peel it back off the dry areas. It is only in the oily areas where it has started to peel. I will be interested to see how the oiliness is after a couple of weeks of use. I will be very happy if it decreases the oily areas.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed by this so far. You can't use products under it that have a lot of oil, because it peels right off if you do. I'm using it on only one of my hands and it looks exactly the same as the other. I had hoped I would see even a little change by now. Also, it's disappearing in the bottle very quickly. Even if I were getting amazing results, I'd have to think long and hard about repurchasing at that price.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed by this so far. You can't use products under it that have a lot of oil, because it peels right off if you do. I'm using it on only one of my hands and it looks exactly the same as the other. I had hoped I would see even a little change by now. Also, it's disappearing in the bottle very quickly. Even if I were getting amazing results, I'd have to think long and hard about repurchasing at that price.

I am with you on the underwhelmed part. I was going to come on and ask if any of you were seeing anything miraculous, as I certainly am not. I, unfortunately, think this is going to go into the waste of money bin of products!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, Riley. I'll continue to use it until it's gone - hopefully, it's just taking awhile to kick in, although I doubt it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Riley & Skippie,
Sorry it isn't turning out to be a great product for you two!
Thanks for the honest review, you are saving me from wasting money, my little Guinea Pigs Crying or Very sad

Thanks again!
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am still very uncertain about this product. I wake up each morning looking like a shaggy dog with peeling from sunburn. To be fair to the product, it is probably too soon to know if it will work but I will use up the bottle and see how my skin looks then. I guess there could be an advantage in that I get a sort of micro peel each day which may be good for the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Just another update on this. For the last couple of days when I woke up after having it on the backs of my hands all night, the product hadn't peeled off as it had in the past. And I honestly do believe my hands look a little better.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,
I am so glad to hear this didn't turn out to be a dud for you! Just hate money wasted on products that don't deliver!
Really happy for you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
DM

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry but the smell alone about made me almost pass out. It actually removes your nail polish and takes dye out of fabric. I feel this product is dangerous and since it is sold by a pyramid scheme company I bet I am right. Everyone beware of this flammable and AGING skincare scam! The main ingredient is acetone for gosh sakes!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
reda mccarthy wrote:
I am sorry but the smell alone about made me almost pass out. It actually removes your nail polish and takes dye out of fabric. I feel this product is dangerous and since it is sold by a pyramid scheme company I bet I am right. Everyone beware of this flammable and AGING skincare scam! The main ingredient is acetone for gosh sakes!!

I tend to agree, I never tried it as the thought of acetone no matter the grade on my face didn't sit too well in my mind.
It is a matter to each their own though so if some are happy with the results, and have no issues with the ingredients who am I to judge!
Very Happy
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using it on my hands now just to use it up. This won't be a product that I'll repurchase.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I'm using it on my hands now just to use it up. This won't be a product that I'll repurchase.

Sad to say, but I won't repurchase either. More money wasted unfortunately!

(Though I do want to say that the acetone smell is not that bad and it dissipates within a few seconds where you cannot smell it. They use acetone on your face to degrease before peels, BTW.)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Riley, Skippie,
Sorry no intention of judging, I just knew it would set my eyes off on their crazy tearing! I wouldn't be able to tolerate it before a peel either, have to stick to my at home peels!
No offense intended, hope none was taken!
Very Happy
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Riley, Skippie,
Sorry no intention of judging, I just knew it would set my eyes off on their crazy tearing! I wouldn't be able to tolerate it before a peel either, have to stick to my at home peels!
No offense intended, hope none was taken!
Very Happy
DM

Goodness, no offense taken at all, DM. We all have our opinions and definitely should be allowed to voice them without fear of offending someone! I just wanted to mention that little tid bit about the Skincerity, as I know that is an issue for some regarding the smell! Very Happy (though I still would not recommend the product to anyone, as it did nothing for me!)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Riley,
No problem I just wanted to make it clear my issue is personal, annoying eyes too sensitive!
I appreciate your and Skippie's honest opinions! You have saved me from purchasing products that wouldn't work for me on several occasions, both of you!
Thanks
Very Happy
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:52 am      Reply with quote
No offense taken by me either, DM. I'm happy to hear opinions of others. I was more bothered by the fragrance they used in this product than the scent of the acetone.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
No offense taken by me either, DM. I'm happy to hear opinions of others. I was more bothered by the fragrance they used in this product than the scent of the acetone.

Ditto! That seems to stay around for a while!
reda mccarthy

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:15 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skippie wrote:

Sad to say, but I won't repurchase either. More money wasted unfortunately!

(Though I do want to say that the acetone smell is not that bad and it dissipates within a few seconds where you cannot smell it. They use acetone on your face to degrease before peels, BTW.)

Even though the acetone smell goes away it does not mean the harmful effects of acetone on the skins epidermis and deeper does not take place, ESPECIALLY since a barrier is created to trap the acetone on the skin all night. Just think its important to put it out there about unhealthy/dangerous products. I shutter to think what would happen if a child got this in their eyes!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |