Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Elysee (split from Quasar Thread)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
I use Elysee Skin care line and love it. My skin actually looks better now at almost 55 than it did at 40. I don't know if you are familar with Elysee but some of the ingredients include Renovage, Sirtuin & Telomeres, Nayad, Beta 1,3-Glucan (Nayad), Acai Berry, Epidermal Thymic Factor, Pycnogenol, Structured Water and of course Hyaluronic Acid and Matrixyl.

platinumrose, not to hijack the thread, but which Elysee product has Telomeres as an ingredient? TIA!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Havana, it looks like the YouthSpan Facial Resurrection Creme contains Telomerase.

Here is what Elysee said about it: http://www.elyseecosmetics.com/articles.php?article=5

Almost ten years ago, an article was written stating that if science could find a way to slow down the telomeres of DNA, the skin's youthspan could be extended. A telomere is a region of highly repetitive DNA at the end of a linear chromosome. Elysee has continued to research for ways to do just this, and the breakthough is NOW! This product will fight against all signs of aging: dehydration, age spots, ineffective barrier function, wrinkles, pores, and so much more. Plastic surgery cannot rebuild a youthful skin, but this product could make a huge difference as it regenerates at the molecular level. Telomerase activates and differentiates dormant adult stem cells, and is the only product that recruits adult stem cells into brand new stem cells without surgical intervention as well as helps to repairs DNA fragmentation.

It's the closest thing we have found to 'youth in a bottle.' By delaying the aging of skin cells, you can extend cell lifespan by one-third. The clinicals on our ingredient complex have shown the following: 58% increase in moisturization, 46% improvement in the lipid barrier, 90% improvement in pore size. This cream works on the origin of youth and targets the cell factors that ensure lifespan and youth. It creates optimal conditions in the epidermis and the dermis for visible effects on the skin surface. As if this weren't enough, this product also contains MMP-Inhibitors that inhibit MMP-2 by 74% and MMP-3 by 57%. What does this means? It has anti-collagenase activity to protect collagen from degradation. and avoids excessive collagen damage in aged skin. It also binds the collagen between the epidermis and the dermis, so elasticity and skin thickness are improved.

This product is formulated to give back to your skin what it needs right now to look younger and keep it that way for a longer period of time. We think this product is so powerful you may only have to use it four times a year. With this product, you can age-proof your skin and reset your skin's youth clock.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
There's also a Youthspan serum now.

You can purchase samples of these products by calling an 800 number off the website. The Youthspan stuff isn't listed with the rest of the samples--you have to ask for it.

I've been sampling a few things from Elysee and really like them. I'm definitely buying a full size of the YS cream.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:
There's also a Youthspan serum now.

You can purchase samples of these products by calling an 800 number off the website. The Youthspan stuff isn't listed with the rest of the samples--you have to ask for it.

I've been sampling a few things from Elysee and really like them. I'm definitely buying a full size of the YS cream.

I just sampled a Jan Marini product that I think contains this ingredient. BBD, what exactly do you like about this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a thread from another forum talking about Renovage being the primary ingredient, and another product that contains it. But here is what they said about the Elysee Youth Serum:

Quote:
http://community.qvc.com/topic/Beauty-Banter/Look-Renovage-3695/4000025608

Elysee YouthSpan:

YouthSpan Creme (1.7 oz./$152.92, Intro Price $89.95): Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Teprenone, Thermus Thermophilus Ferment, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Decyl Oleate, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Phospholipids, Dextran, Acetyl-Tetrapeptide-2, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Triethanolamine.

From Siggygirl:
The Teprenone is the main ingredient of the Renovage technology by Sederma. I've used Isomers Renovage since July and really like what it has done for my skin (looks more refined). I'm anxious to see what my skin looks like after using this product for one year. (I have almost nine months to go!)

The ingredient list for Elysee YouthSpan is quite impressive. It contains another technology by Sederma called Venuceane (Thermus Thermophilus Ferment (TTF) + Glycerin), which is pretty impressive in itself because the TTF contains a heat-stable antioxidant and detoxifying enzymes, and it stimulates ceramide production through ATP synthesis. (I believe it was Trexmom who mentioned ATP recently here on this forum.) It also contains a technology from Chesham Specialty Ingredients called Unisurrection (Beta Vulgaris Root Ext. + Glycerin + Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Ext. + Yeast Ext.), which protects and regenerates skin cells.

I like the fact that Elysee included several technologies into their YouthSpan formula. I would like to see Isomers do this with more of their products because it would be nice to be able to streamline the routines a bit. I've written Patricia several times and asked her to relay questions and comments to the chemists ... One of the questions I've sent is, "Can you possibly create one product that includes the Synchronizer, Stacker, and Renovage technologies or similar technologies?" The only answer I get is, "We'll take this into consideration."

I watched Linda Marshall present the YouthSpan yesterday on HSN. I've thought about trying this, but I feel that cutting-edge skin care should be sold in more appropriate, updated containers than wide-mouthed jars. I don't want to dip into a jar (even with a clean spatula). I'm not impressed with the containers Isomers uses for their Renovage product, but at least you can dispense a fair amount of the product before you have to remove the pump and try to dig the rest out.

It would be interesting to compare the Elysee and Isomers products in an individual study conducted by a skin care rebel/nut in the privacy of their own home!

Here is the other product they mentioned that may be comparable:

http://beautifulskincosmetic.com/BEAUTIFUL_SKIN_COSMETICS/Argiracol.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:54 am      Reply with quote
I love Elysee!! It's the best skincare I've ever used!!
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Well...What I like about the YS cream is that it seems to make my skin feel firmer and makes my pores less noticeable. It also helps calm redness a bit. Overall, it just makes my skin look better.

My skin is very sensitive and I can't use stuff like retinol, AHAs, etc. Also, I'm 50 and my skin needs all the help it can get. I'm pleased to find something that actually does something without irritating my skin. I really like the pycnogenol serum as well.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
havana8- it isn't a problem. I have used everything from Z.Bigatti,Renova, Tazorac, Philosophy, Green Cream, SC, and nothing has given me results like Elysee. I am getting the Prolight Platinum because I have a few fine lines but at 55 I guess I should have something.

A great story that just happened actually this week. A housekeeper where I work who makes very little money, was feeling sad and needed a pick me up. So I gave her a few small jars of the key serums from Elysee Pycnogenol and Fountain of Youth and and a sample moisturizer. Then I gave her the Avenger masque which is an instant face lift, in a jar that becomes permanent if you use regularly. You apply it three times a week for a few weeks (30 minutes) then twice a week for a few weeks, then once a week for maintenance.

Well after the first week she came in after being off the week before and there was all this discussion outside of my office and all these women thought she had a face lift. Well she kind of did. At $30 for about 10 masques you can't beat the price. Available at HSN if any of you beauty ladies want to check it out. And I have it on autoship so I never run out.
lotusspecter
5% products discount

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Is it the products with Renovage that are the best? GoW has a new product containing that ingredient which looks good and I've seen it being sold on as an active on a formulating site.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
there are a couple of products that I love from the Elysee line that are instant WOW products that I love. They are the Avenger masque that I mentioned above and the Optim OX which gives your skin a glow like you had in your youth.

Yes the products with the Renovage are in the Youth Span. They deliver the Long term results as many others do.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I posted this yesterday in another Elysee thread, and thought I'd paste it over here. So if you've already read it, sorry!

I bought the Time Avenger Face Lifting Powder Masque and the Pycnogenol Firming Serum. They arrived today.

The masque is a white powder that you mix with water. It come with a brush you use to apply. You apply it starting at the collar bone up the neck and then on to the face. You then recline for 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. The directions say to use it twice a day for the first two weeks, and once a week after. It dries quickly, and becomes very tight. And itchy. I don't know that I looked any firmer afterward, but I felt a certain firming.

Ingredients: starch, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, dextrin, acacia farnesiana gum, astragalus gummifer gum, aloe barbadenis leaf, retinyl palmitate, ergocalciferol, tocopheryl acetate, asorbic acid, chlorophyllin-copper complex, fd & c yellow #5, fragrance
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Yogi keep up the Avenger masque and you will be amazed. The itching should go away and make sure you are flat the whole time and take the product off before getting up. It should be mixed about the consistency of yogurt. good luck.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Oh gee, I didn't see that I'm supposed to take it off before I get up. And Do I need to be totally flat? I thought having my head on pillows would be ok!

I'm going to use it again later today.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
Yogi keep up the Avenger masque and you will be amazed. The itching should go away and make sure you are flat the whole time and take the product off before getting up. It should be mixed about the consistency of yogurt. good luck.

Platinumrose? Why is it that the mask needs to be removed while still reclining?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Because of the gravity putting your head back into the upright position. It is not a big deal, you just keep the towel next to you to get the masque off.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |