Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Is a cotton pad necessary for toner?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I do agree that the cotton pad can help you do secondary cleaning. However, in the cold winter time, I usually will select some thick toner to instantly moisturize my skin, therefore, the cotton pad seems unnecessary since it is not so pleasant to apply some thick liquid by a cotton pad. Besides, I don't want some complete cleaning in the winter time.

So, is it really necessary to use a cotton pad to apply whatever toner?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think it really depends on the toner. I use the Yonka Lotion PNG for Normal to Oily Skin but I don't need to use a cotton pad. I just spray it on my face and pat it in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
i find cotton pads very harsh on the skin, i never use a "toner" step anyway, i just use a spritz instead
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the replies. I think,then, the function of a toner is basically to hydrate your skin instantly...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
When I use Leaf&Rusher Tonic I never use a cotton pad, since it is quite viscous. I just pat it on. I guess it depends on the thickness of the toner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Most of the toners I like come in spray bottles, and I just spritz some on and rub it around with my hands. I don't think a cotton pad is strictly necessary, and I don't like to have to purchase and then throw away one more thing. If you're using a good cleanser and rinsing it properly, IMO, you shouldn't need a second cleansing.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I always like to use a toner with a cleansing pad. I usually use the DHC Silky Cotton, to wipe the excess off.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Well all the people I speak to re toners always said that they are used to make sure the majority of cleanser is removed from the skin (hence you using a cotton pad) and usually when you have wiped it over your face and look down, you see all the gunk on it which is the toner being extra cleansing.

Many people I speak to say toners are unnecessary because they are only really needed to cleanse the skin of the cleanser. I understand from others that they are meant to restore the ph balance to your skin - but the so called authorities are out on that one as well. The only thing I have heard is that in the majority of toners, alcohol is an active ingredient and that can be very drying to the skin.

S
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 3:25 am      Reply with quote
I hate having to use and throw away a cotton pad, so I use a small sea sponge to apply my toner. That way it can be washed and reused over and over again.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Most of my toners come in a spray bottle. I spritz and use a cotton ball just on my T zone.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
shmily.huo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I think it's really depends on personal feeling. My FRIEDNS think that toners will absorb by the cotton pad, so she does not like it.
I'm not really care this problem, so whatever, all ok~~~~~~~
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
if it's a costly toner, no. but if u wanna see all the dirt and grime, then use the cotton pad
lavendula
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use spray. I think using cotton pad is a waste for the toner, especially some expensive one.
I am using cotton pad for the makup removing and cleaning. Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 2:22 am      Reply with quote
My toner is a spray, so I don't need a cotton pad. But I use it to remove my eye makeup...
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I don't use cotton pads to apply toner. I feel it would waste toner. I think it's a personal preference, so the cotton pads aren't required for toner application.
sleepylily
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer using cotton pad, I think it can help me make maximum use of the toner.
magslena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I like the cotton pads since I can see whether a new cleanser is doing its job of cleaning or not (by the residue left on the pad from the toner sweep). I much prefer spray toners though.
may2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I like using a cotton pad, sometimes i also feel it is a waste of toner, So I used the pad to apply toner on the face first, then the neck, or my hands,I discard the pad until there are no toner on it.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I usually don't use a cotton pad iether.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Using a cotton pad to apply toner just wastes your toner; cotton absorbs too much product. The only reason it would be necessary is if you consider it a second step in cleansing, which I don't. After cleansing, I'll rinse off all residue with a microfiber cloth, then follow with water.

I don't use toner every morning; instead I reserve the use to re-balance PH levels after treatments. (AHA, Pumpkin or mud mask). Depending upon the dispenser, I'll either mist it on or pour a bit into the palm of my hands and pat it all over. Products last much longer and only go where I need it. After all, the cotton pads don't need the toner but I DO! Smile

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |