Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Is it necessary to keep all the routine from the same line?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am not a loyal consumer, so my skincare routine are always mixed with products from all kinds of lines. I saw online that this is not good, because it will make your skin sensitive. Is there any scientific explanation on this? I don't think I can stick to one line for very long...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have never been faithful to just one line. I think each line has a specialty. I use C serums from one line and copper peptides from someone else. My cleanser and other treatments are from another line.

Some companies will tell you to mix and match. I just think one size does not fit all.

Your face is different each day also. One day it needs exfoliated, another it may be dry and need moisture. Know thy face
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have scientific explanations but speaking for myself personally, I use different products from different lines and I have no problems so far.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
The majority of the products that I use now are from Yonka but I do have favourites from other lines (i.e. EpidermX II, Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion, etc). It really depends on what your skin needs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I have never used the entire line of a brand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I used to use Obagi exclusively but now I am experimenting to to find the best of what I need from different lines. I honestly think for the most part it is marketing. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I have several times used products from the same line only because it worked well for me. In saying that, I don't think it necessary to be exclusive to one line of product. Just be sure that you have a knowledge of actives in the products you use. It would be wise to stick with one line if fairly new to a skin care routine. Sticking with one line of a quality product gives you a nice balance of ingredients.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies.

The reason why I asked is that there are several lines emphasizing that their product might react with certain ingredients of other productline, so you have to stay in one line. Especially, sisley has said that their essential oil's concentration is high, and their essential oil might react with some chemical compounds.

Another reason is that I sometimes heard from others that they got irrated when they started to use a new line product, especially for those who have kept using one line for years.

Is there any general rule, like organic line should not mix with drugstore line?
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have always been a mix 'n matcher and it has served my skin well. I use a cleanser that I LOVE from the drugstore, creamy cleansers from organic lines, Asian cleansing oils, French creams, sunscreens utilizing cutting edge scientific UVA filters, and aromatherapeautic essential oils. I don't use them all at once, of course, but based on my skin's needs as I judge it for that day/evening/time of year.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I mix and match.
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:43 am      Reply with quote
i find i need to switch from one line to another after a while.. otherwise my skin get use to it..

and i used to only use products from the same line.. but find it more helpful to use diff products from diff lines.. cause not all products from one line is superior over the others.. and because diff issue of my skin, i need to look at diff products from diff lines..
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I mix it up. But if I like and use something from a line, I am more likely to give something else from that line a try. PSF is a great example.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Right now I mix and match. I don't think it really matter. A cosmetics line cannot excel in every single product. Most company have toner with alcohol or product for oily skin with menthol and I don't like these ingredients. that is why I usually mix and match.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |