Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Quality and Volume of Posts
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Lately it seems that there has been an abundance of posts with either one word or short one liners. The posts I am mentioning add nothing to the thread. Moderators always try to give a member the benefit of the doubt. However, when I log on to see one member's posts taking up nearly a whole page, adding nothing, I am more than frustrated. It takes much time to sort these situations out.

Members have been contacted in regard to this problem. Please be mindful of others when posting on EDS. Post that add nothing to the forum will be removed and member notified. If such repetious posts continue membership to EDS, unfortunately, will be discontinued.

Take a moment to read Essential Day Spa's guidelines in full. Especially note the below quote regarding post quality.

Thank you in advance.

Quote:
Quality and Volume of Posts:
Please be mindful of existing members and refrain from adding posts to the EDS forum that do not beneficially add to the content of the EDS Forum. Each post potentially triggers thousands of emails to members who are watching the topic in question. High volume of such posts degrades the service that EDS Forum can provide to its members and additionally may have the effect of affected members reporting the activity to moderators. This may result in the withdrawal of EDS Forum access from the post author, should they be found to be abusing the EDS Forum.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I agree, Winnie. Unfortunately, there seem to be a number of members who are posting just to boost their posting # in order to get the EDS discount which I think is an abuse of EDS' generosity. I say this in particular because some posters have even had the audacity to post that this is what they are doing! Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I also agree. Sometimes it appears so obvious that people are just trying to increase their post totals quickly to qualify for discounts.

I appreciate it when posters take the time to offer valuable suggestions and explanations, most often I try to respond in kind.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Me, too.

I'm all for encouraging posters, new and old, and love to read their views and reviews. However, it's very frustrating to have to wade through topic after topic, only to find that someone has been on a very obvious (it's usually so incredibly easy to tell) post-boosting spree.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Agree also. Lately I have had to stop myself from writing tart ripostes to some of these type of posts.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Whoooaahhh Winnie, thanks for this reminder. I've been kind of scarce the last couple weeks and will likely be scarce for the next few, but I like to pop in now and again and I'm still subscribed to a couple threads I want to keep on on. I'm gratified to know that when I receive email notification that a topic I'm watching has been updated, that I won't log in only to see the filler "me too!" kind of posts.

Substance over quantity ---

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I've noticed a change already...EUREKA!!
Dancing Dancing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really glad to see a crackdown of sorts about this. I watch SO many topics on here, and I hate going to the trouble of checking my EDS emails only to get fillers -- hooray for helpful posts!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Okay. At the risk of doing exactly what I complain about being done here all the time...

"Me, too!"

Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen this go around and also
ended up doing so myself for a few posts. Except I jst wanted to ask a question or state an opinion without getting into details o_o.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hey thanks for putting this up. I've been a member here for a while now and my posts # is still relatively low compared to some of the newbies!! It drives me nuts when I see a new member adding dumb comments. Good grief. Anyways - thanks! Smile
bugfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for mentioning it. i think it's always good to keep the high quality of this forum by keeping every post with rich information.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
Okay. At the risk of doing exactly what I complain about being done here all the time...

"Me, too!"

Laughing

That almost made me spit out my breakfast with laughter! Laughing

I will try this product. Wink Bad Grin
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Sounds so interesting!!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Me too, thanks for ur review Bad Grin

(God you gals crack me up)

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
This is the one of the most relaxing places on the internet that I can sit down to, with a cuppa, have a chat about stuff girls love to talk about.

To be honest, it's never even occured to me that there were posting trolls on here. Laughing I'm not watchful of how many posts other people have clocked up or what that registers them as on here. I'm always up for a good read as I'm an information whore lol so I guess my eyes skim over the crappy, no-value adding posts that pop up here and there. Wink

If their purpose is to get a bigger discount, then I guess there's the motivation to purchase here, but why would you bother??? Having a 10% or a 20% discount isn't going to make a difference when I really want something now now now!!! Smile
mimi57
5% products discount

Fri May 02, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am just learning the rules here, joined up just now.
But I'm here only to get information and rave or rant about a product..maybe give out some of my own tips that's it Smile
I love getting info on products and skincare and tips and tricks..it's amzing what we learn and all the awesome things out there to buy, this board looks very interesting Smile
Ty
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 7:46 am      Reply with quote
We can all agree on the fact that "one-liners" without substance are not welcome in any forum.

I believe that people who post at this forum are genuinely interested in makeup and skin care. Otherwise they would not be bothered with writing posts. In order to increase your discount on products from the day spa from 10 to 15 per cent, you need to write 200 posts. The outcome is better in other kind of work...

I have been a long time reader of the forum before I joined. I enjoy reading posts from members who are knowledgeable and also share stories from their everyday life now and then, and posts which make me laugh while I'm learning something new.

It's true that EDS' reward system towards forum members is generous (and generates loyal customers to the day spa). It's also true that many members use lots of time and efforts to post personal experiences, answers and questions which all together constitute a valuable bank of information in the field of makeup and skin care. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
...here it goes again!! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Lately it seems that there has been an abundance of posts with either one word or short one liners. The posts I am mentioning add nothing to the thread. Moderators always try to give a member the benefit of the doubt. However, when I log on to see one member's posts taking up nearly a whole page, adding nothing, I am more then frustrated. It takes much time to sort these situations out.

Members have been contacted in regard to this problem. Please be mindful of others when posting on EDS. Post that add nothing to the forum will be removed and member notified. If such repetious posts continue membership to EDS, unfortunately, will be discontinued.

Take a moment to read Essential Day Spa's guidelines in full. Especially note the below quote regarding post quality.

Thank you in advance.

Quote:
Quality and Volume of Posts:
Please be mindful of existing members and refrain from adding posts to the EDS forum that do not beneficially add to the content of the EDS Forum. Each post potentially triggers thousands of emails to members who are watching the topic in question. High volume of such posts degrades the service that EDS Forum can provide to its members and additionally may have the effect of affected members reporting the activity to moderators. This may result in the withdrawal of EDS Forum access from the post author, should they be found to be abusing the EDS Forum.

Serious need of a 'bump'....

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
summertimegirl wrote:
This is the one of the most relaxing places on the internet that I can sit down to, with a cuppa, have a chat about stuff girls love to talk about.

To be honest, it's never even occured to me that there were posting trolls on here. Laughing I'm not watchful of how many posts other people have clocked up or what that registers them as on here. I'm always up for a good read as I'm an information whore lol so I guess my eyes skim over the crappy, no-value adding posts that pop up here and there. Wink

If their purpose is to get a bigger discount, then I guess there's the motivation to purchase here, but why would you bother??? Having a 10% or a 20% discount isn't going to make a difference when I really want something now now now!!! Smile

I second you on this!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I agree
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I love to read the good and informative posts on ED'S Forum either it be skin care, make up, or everyday's life experiences.

I have heard about Obagi since 15 years ago, but it is reading from the Obagi Forum that give me the courage to try this brand. And with ED'S prices, nowhere can you find a lower price.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully the person that posted 28 one liners in less than 3 hours will read this and get the message.

Mabsy

Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have no problem with one liners as long as they contribute. I'm not sure which person you're talking about but if it is the one I am thinking of, I just looked at their profile and all of their posts and the majority of them contribute to the forum. Let's face it, we can have long posts that have absolutely no contribution as well.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |