Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Quality and Volume of Posts
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:14 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Kat ~<3 wrote:
Shock Wow really, now I look like a jerk because I just read through a bunch of forums and gave input? I gave input I thought would be of use to others... who knew you had to be an expert to contribute to the sacred forums! What's the sense of offering discounts for forum posts and then turning around and becoming annoyed when people are doing just that? Maybe some might view some posts as "useless"... now I feel as if I will be crucified for my enthusiasm and heaven forbid that I posted 15 reviews in a row.

Kat ~<3, I think you misunderstand. The mad poster in question had pasted the exact same unrelated sentence into at least 50 threads. Not only did it clog up the forum with dozens of resurrected threads with the same nonsensical sentence, it also pushed the active threads to the back and promptly released notifications to the thousands of members who were watching/subscribed to those threads. Imagine logging in to read the exact same sentence from the same person over and over and over again which, yes, would be considered rude, inconsiderate and annoying in any discussion in any community.

Hopefully you are able to read this entire thread as you will find that genuine contributions are *always* welcomed and appreciated whether as one post or 1000. As mentioned above, the length of the posts do not really matter and you do not need to "be an expert to contribute to the sacred forums" as you mention but since it is a community of discussions based on sharing experiences and information, hopefully whatever is posted contributes *something* relevant to said discussion.

Well thank you for clirifying, I was worried that I wasn't going to be allowed to enjoy the beneits of the site and the forum because I went a little nuts in the beginning! I feel much better now Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Please would people read this entire thread before taking offence, then you will see what is meant by annoying, pointless, number-boosting posts.

We make it a point to keep stressing that new posters are very welcome here and that we enjoy reading their contributions. It's just those who reel off irrelevant posts (often just cut and pasted) again and again in a blatant attempt to boost their post numbers and earn more of a discount.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Please would people read this entire thread before taking offence, then you will see what is meant by annoying, pointless, number-boosting posts.

We make it a point to keep stressing that new posters are very welcome here and that we enjoy reading their contributions. It's just those who reel off irrelevant posts (often just cut and pasted) again and again in a blatant attempt to boost their post numbers and earn more of a discount.

Well the bright side is, some, like the one your referred to, was satisfied with her 10% discount, and hasn't been heard from again... Dancing

And that seems to be typical; run up 50 senseless posts in the two forums that posts count in, (they never post in the lounge) get their 10%, and that's the end of them.... And so it goes, day after day, new member after new member..

Upping that 50 to 250 or more for the 10%, would probably help curb it a little. After all, even they would get sick of writing "good review", "I'll try that", "Is it good", "thanks for sharing", 250 times, dontcha think?

I can only speak for myself, even though I know how frustrated many others are with this, but I'm really sick and tired of it. I'm actually at the point now where this is upsetting me, because I spend quite a lot of time here giving my all in every post I make, and then I see these post ho's just being allowed to run amok and ruin a perfectly lovely forum. It used to be so much fun here, and I'm not feeling that anymore.

I think I just need to cut down on the amount of time I spend here for sure!... wave

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:12 am      Reply with quote
To be honest, I really do think they would post 250 pointless posts. Maybe 500 might be a better figure?

What I'd like to see is that a member has to be here for a certain length of time (eg 3 or 6 months) AND post a certain number of posts (eg 250). That way, the moderators may be given enough time to check our reports of post monsters and delete their accounts - therefore, not giving them any discount at all.

Or maybe the discount could be "subject to approval" and new members must wait to have their posts checked via their profile before using a discount for the first time. Once approved, they could then start using it - but ONLY then.

It would be particularly great if all new members were sent an email to inform them of this policy as soon as they joined.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:35 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
To be honest, I really do think they would post 250 pointless posts. Maybe 500 might be a better figure?

What I'd like to see is that a member has to be here for a certain length of time (eg 3 or 6 months) AND post a certain number of posts (eg 250). That way, the moderators may be given enough time to check our reports of post monsters and delete their accounts - therefore, not giving them any discount at all.

This is an excellent idea. I really think the time factor would stop the instant onslaught of meaningless posts by new members. In addition, it would demonstrate commitment to the Forum by having to serve an initial waiting period before getting a reward.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I'm having a menopausal moment - I'm REALLY getting sick of all these useless posts. I've just logged on to find about six notifications with useless comments like "I like the smell" and another one which simply repeated exactly what I had wrote in the post above!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease can we have something done about this. Pray
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Ok, so I'm having a menopausal moment - I'm REALLY getting sick of all these useless posts. I've just logged on to find about six notifications with useless comments like "I like the smell" and another one which simply repeated exactly what I had wrote in the post above!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease can we have something done about this. Pray

I've been hitting the report button on the truly obnoxious obvious ones, and Mabsy has been on the job deleting all the offending posts ... Yay Mabsy!

I suggest you guys hit the report button as well, but before you do, check the profile, to be sure they are really abusing the forum. I've been limiting my reports to those who are posting in like 20+ forums one after the other with rubbish... (I reported a member yesterday that actually posted 3 sentences in 3 seperate posts, in the same thread within 5 minutes...arrghh!)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:26 am      Reply with quote
It really is the last straw when a brand new member is not just content to post her rubbish, but has the audacity to copy and paste previous posts written by other members..

I reported this member, after I did a search to confirm, and lo and behold pulled up a couple of posts that were copied word for word.. (The red flag was correct spelling + grammar and more than 4 or 5 words, which was not the norm for this new member.)

That's all the thread policing I can take for one night... Rolling Eyes

majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Kassy & Keliu - Although I haven't (yet) seen the current bunch of miscreants, I feel your frustration.

I'm tending to try and not let it get me all riled up, and am following one of bushy's earlier suggestions - to just ignore threads where an unknown member has posted several times in a row.

Having said that, I'm still reporting any suspect post that I come across.

Please don't allow these idiots to ruin the forum for you. I'd hate for any genuine member to stop using it because of a bunch of thoughtless post monsters.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Please don't allow these idiots to ruin the forum for you. I'd hate for any genuine member to stop using it because of a bunch of thoughtless post monsters.

To be completely fair, I don't think that the fault lies entirely with the posters. The fact that new members can earn "instant" rewards encourages all the posting to earn points. I honestly think that your suggestion of a waiting period would solve the problem.

Also, we have to remember that for many contributors, English is not their first language so therefore making a short comment is much easier for them and I totally understand that. However, that begs the question of how they manage to read so many threads in such a short space of time.

Majorb, I really think your suggestion of a 6 month waiting period before being able to earn rewards should be adopted. What does everyone else think?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Also, we have to remember that for many contributors, English is not their first language so therefore making a short comment is much easier for them and I totally understand that. However, that begs the question of how they manage to read so many threads in such a short space of time.

They don't read them... If you check out the time line there is approximately 2 minutes between each post..

And the english bit is hogwash.. I reported a member last night who copied and pasted other members posts in several threads... (None other than Majorb in one!.. Laughing ) What the red flag was; perfect english and grammar that stood out like a saw thumb..(A search confirmed my suspicions, and I reported it) We have lots of wonderful members who don't have english as their 1st language, and I enjoy every bit of what they share, and find them to be very endearing and enjoyable...

PUHLEEEZE, it's obvious who is here for discounts and weekly prizes, and it's obvious who is genuine.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Keliu wrote:

They don't read them... If you check out the time line there is approximately 2 minutes between each post..

Exactly, that is the point I was making! And I'm definitely NOT suggesting that non-English speakers' contributions aren't welcome - I'm just saying that sometimes we can cut them some slack.
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I should say sorry.I have read this entire post.Thanks to the understanding of Keliu and all the good advices here.I think I should read more posts before I post next time, then I can learn more and share more in this forum..
Ferfer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reminder. As a new member, I will try my best to contribute my effort. I like to share my perosnal experience on skin care and product review to other members.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, Keliu and others. I am a new member and am so interested in the wealth of information I have found in these posts that I have spent all (not most) of my spare waking hours basically reading the forums related to my issues. I joined on 12 December I think and have posted about 15 but these have all been where I had a question or thought I could provide advice. I come home from work, put the computer on and go to EDS. It reminds me of the time I spent online when we first got a computer. I was dying to go to sleep, but said, just one more page...

As a new member, it is certainly enticing to post to get the discount, but I agree that there should be more. Perhaps after the poster has made a number of purchases, or spent a certain amount. Perhaps a waiting period.

I was very interested to see someone post over 50 posts in the first day of joining this week, and these were not useful posts. Then the next day the posts had been cut to less than 10. I thought I was going mad as I couldn't work out why the number had changed. Now you've explained, it must have been reported and the useless posts were removed. Well done.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
lol. ive been posting like mad lately and its not because of the discount! Because i LOVE talking about beauty products and this site has Everything! so nice to share with everyone.

my friends are so sick about hearing me rant about my beauty products so this is perfect! i get to talk to everyone about my passion!!!!
Shruti

Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I Agree.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Never fails, does it? Whenver we have a thread urging people to post substantive information to contribute to the conversation, someone posts a one liner with no content...
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:27 am      Reply with quote
what are the rules for resurrecting old threads. i really feel the need to.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
what are the rules for resurrecting old threads. i really feel the need to.

No specific rules that I'm aware of, but I would suggest you do a "search" on the subject before resurrecting the old..

Bet you will find 'many' newer threads, with the topic you had in mind... And isn't it really best to find the most up to date info for most things?

flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
That's particularly true when responding to a poster whose post is several years old. It's not necessary to give advice to someone who asked about a skin problem they were having back in 2005, for example. It probably isn't an issue anymore, and the person who asked may well have moved on form EDS since then.

So before you answer somebody's question in an old thread, be sure that the question was posed relatively recently.
heima
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reminder.I Agree this discussion forum so that we are product knowledge
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm a beginner to this forum.
I have already noticed number of members posting replies with nothing to tell really.

But, the thing that bugs me a bit,are these looong treads,with pages and pages of replies. No way I endure to read threw these treads, does anyone? Even if the post are mostly about the subject, its still to much..

Cant there be a limit. So you have to start an new tread after a number o replies?

I also want to say that English are a second language for me, so I might post "extra" because I want to make sure I understand correctly.

And Iv been a member since 2004, and have only 15 replies. Rolling Eyes
But I buy products regular from EDS.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:
Hello,

I'm a beginner to this forum.
I have already noticed number of members posting replies with nothing to tell really.

But, the thing that bugs me a bit,are these looong treads,with pages and pages of replies. No way I endure to read threw these treads, does anyone? Even if the post are mostly about the subject, its still to much..

Yeah, me too. I do notice. it's like chatting in person, everything goes.

Quote:
I also want to say that English are a second language for me, so I might post "extra" because I want to make sure I understand correctly.

Do you speak spanish? I do
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I realize that English is not everyone's first language here, so let me say this plainly and as clearly as possible:

This is not a chat forum.

Except in the EDS lounge, this forum is for questions and information about skincare and makeup.

There is a "thank you" button to the left side of posts that allows you to send a thank you to posts that have been helpful. You should not send a separate reply to a thread simply to say "thank you."

The product review section is not for questions or miscellaneous skincare information. It is only for review of products.

We are a friendly forum, but we do want new forum members to understand the forum posting rules. The rules make the forum easier to use for all of us and help us all find the valuable information here.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |