Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Moisturizers with raspberry seed oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Last year I tried raspberry seed oil as my sunscreen for the neck and it worked quite well but it stained all my collars. I didnt try it on my face as I feared breakouts.
I was thinking if there was a face cream instead with raspberry seed oil in it I would have some sun protection that way and it would sink in better too.

Anyone come around anything like that?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sakura, I also used to use Raspberry Seed Oil as my sunscreen. I did like it and found it to be an effective sunscreen, but it always left my face too much on the oily side and so I stopped using it.

I never found a product that has raspberry seed oil in it and if it did perhaps it wouldn't be in enough quantities to offer good sun protection. Just my opinion.

I am now using Kimbery Sayer's sunscreen and am very happy with it.
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I know Kerstin florian has a raspberry clarifying serum, but I don't think it has any sunscreen effect, it can calm redness.

It contains raspberry extract and rose essential oil.

Kerstin florian does have a sunscreen serum...

You can kerstin florian product atwww.spalook.com
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Sakura, I also used to use Raspberry Seed Oil as my sunscreen. I did like it and found it to be an effective sunscreen, but it always left my face too much on the oily side and so I stopped using it.

I never found a product that has raspberry seed oil in it and if it did perhaps it wouldn't be in enough quantities to offer good sun protection. Just my opinion.

I am now using Kimbery Sayer's sunscreen and am very happy with it.

Is it the one that is SPF 25 for the face? I thought that looked pretty good too.

I should mention that I wanted to use raspberry seed oil and then mineral makeup on top. I have used sunscreens for many years and when I switched to minerals about two years ago I reduce my breakouts. I got pretty good protection and it was as natural as it could get. Also my face is on the dryer side now and only slightly oil in the summer though that could change with all the skincare testing I am doing.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
januarui wrote:
I know Kerstin florian has a raspberry clarifying serum, but I don't think it has any sunscreen effect, it can calm redness.

I think it looks thinner than raspberry seed oil with the other ingredients added. I am a little shocked at the price though Shock
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
januarui wrote:

I think it looks thinner than raspberry seed oil with the other ingredients added. I am a little shocked at the price though Shock

Yes, I know. I use it to treat my redness since I have acnes, and it has a very good instant effect. And the smell is very authentic for raspberry. They have a cheaper version called clarifying serum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Have you looked at the one fromwww.mineralbasics.com ? Its pure raspberry but I think you can mix another oil in it to thin it down a bit. I am going to test the John Masters Green tea serum for my redness.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried this, but am happy with the Obagi sunscreen
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
Have you looked at the one fromwww.mineralbasics.com ? Its pure raspberry but I think you can mix another oil in it to thin it down a bit. I am going to test the John Masters Green tea serum for my redness.

That website is gorgeous. DO you know whether an acne prone skin can use their product?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
januarui wrote:
sakura wrote:

That website is gorgeous. DO you know whether an acne prone skin can use their product?

Its just pure raspberry seed oil so I imagine compared to the one you already use it might be too heavy but if you cut it down with a hydrosol or some light oil it might work. I also just saw this in my Loccitane catalogue: the Brightening Renewing serum has raspberry extract (if that is the same thing) plus other skin soothing ingredients and its only $60

Weird, I just checked EDS site and the Brightening serum is only $48 and its the same size. The name doesnt have renewing in it and the bottle looks a bit different. No mention of raspberry extract either but maybe the official is different too.
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
januarui wrote:
sakura wrote:

Its just pure raspberry seed oil so I imagine compared to the one you already use it might be too heavy but if you cut it down with a hydrosol or some light oil it might work. I also just saw this in my Loccitane catalogue: the Brightening Renewing serum has raspberry extract (if that is the same thing) plus other skin soothing ingredients and its only $60

Weird, I just checked EDS site and the Brightening serum is only $48 and its the same size. The name doesnt have renewing in it and the bottle looks a bit different. No mention of raspberry extract either but maybe the official is different too.

Thank you for your help! We have an L'occitane store here, I will go .

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Let us know how it goes. I have weird experiences with the L'occitane store here, long story. If you can post also on MUA as there isn't alot on the Immortelle line.
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
Let us know how it goes. I have weird experiences with the L'occitane store here, long story. If you can post also on MUA as there isn't alot on the Immortelle line.

Isn't immortelle line too thick for me?

I think I probably will get rid of all the acne redness before I finish the kerstin florian one... we'll see...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Immortelle serum is lighter than the other stuff. Perhaps they have a sample for you to try.
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
I think the Immortelle serum is lighter than the other stuff. Perhaps they have a sample for you to try.

I tried to search immortelle online, some people in my country have tried it.

THey said the serum is for age >40, they said the serum smells good and is absorbed quickly.

The immortelle mousse and honey mask are good which can brighten your skin.

THe cream is thick, some people got blemishes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
L'OCCITANE
Immortelle mousse nettoyante lumiere

Ingredients :
Aqua/water - glycerin - disodium laureth sulfosuccinate - decyl glucoside - peg-6-caprylic/capric glycerides - cocamidopropyl betaine - helichrysum italicum extract - gentiana lutea root extract - anthemis nobilis flower extract - fragaria chiloensis (strawberry) fruit juice - rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract - citrus unshiu peel extract - citrus paradisi (grapefruit) fruit extract - sodium cocoyl glutamate - butylene glycol - glyceryl laurate - citric acid - parfum/fragrance - sodium chloride - ***-26-buteth-26 - peg-40 hydrogenated castor oildisodium edta - hexyl cinnamal - methylchloroisothiazolinone - methylisothiazolinone.

Some reviews said it is dry, the foam is tiny and smooth, the smell is not OK.

Better not try.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
januarui wrote:
L'OCCITANE
Immortelle mousse nettoyante lumiere

Ingredients :
Aqua/water - glycerin - disodium laureth sulfosuccinate - decyl glucoside - peg-6-caprylic/capric glycerides - cocamidopropyl betaine - helichrysum italicum extract - gentiana lutea root extract - anthemis nobilis flower extract - fragaria chiloensis (strawberry) fruit juice - rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract - citrus unshiu peel extract - citrus paradisi (grapefruit) fruit extract - sodium cocoyl glutamate - butylene glycol - glyceryl laurate - citric acid - parfum/fragrance - sodium chloride - ***-26-buteth-26 - peg-40 hydrogenated castor oildisodium edta - hexyl cinnamal - methylchloroisothiazolinone - methylisothiazolinone.

Some reviews said it is dry, the foam is tiny and smooth, the smell is not OK.

Better not try.

Sorry, the foam should be not tiny and smooth.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Did you find the ingredient listing for the Loccitane serum? I dont like foam cleansers anyways as they can be too drying.

I forgot aboutwww.cosmictree.ca they have serums with raspberry oil and several formulas for different skin types. I haven't tried them but they look reasonable for the amount.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think Grapeseed is more effective than raspberry seed and higher in anti oxidant. There are so many products that contain grapeseed.

I would recommend Caudalie range, it is excellent,.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
Did you find the ingredient listing for the Loccitane serum? I dont like foam cleansers anyways as they can be too drying.

I forgot aboutwww.cosmictree.ca they have serums with raspberry oil and several formulas for different skin types. I haven't tried them but they look reasonable for the amount.

Sorry I cannot find the ingredients for the serum. By the way, the immortelle line is for people over 40...

Thank you for that cute linkage, I will find out whether their ingredients are ok for acne prone skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think its good enough as I found that sunscreens with zinc works better though going green is great idea, but unless you can somehow add some transparent zinc in the rasberry oil, I would risk the chance of damaging my skin.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I said in my post that it worked fine for me when I used it on my neck. Its not FDA approved for sure but then they approve parabens and they irritate my face.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:39 am      Reply with quote
januarui wrote:
sakura wrote:

Sorry I cannot find the ingredients for the serum. By the way, the immortelle line is for people over 40...

Thank you for that cute linkage, I will find out whether their ingredients are ok for acne prone skin.

Paula Begoun says that don't go by product names but by what the ingredient listing is and whether its suitable for your skin. Some people over 40 have oily skin but most stuff marketed for their skin is richer and creamier because companies assume that all women over 40 have dry skin when it may not be the case.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 17, 2013 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I hate to necro-bump, but I was wondering if anybody had any experiences to share about using raspberry seed oil/other oils during the day under a sunscreen.

I know the big thing lately is to use argan oil, but as fast as I go through oils, I consider it too expensive for a topical. I might buckle down and try it eventually though.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 17, 2013 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've used raspberry seed oil, both under sunscreen and in an oil mix (actually with argan). It's supposed to only be 2-4 SPF at most, so it doesn't substitute as a sunscreen. It's ok as an oil, nothing spectacular.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |