Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
combo skin moisturiser help please?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I was using Pevonia's combination skin cream and I found it great on the whole but wanted a moisturiser that would help with clogged pores around the nose and breakouts on the chin area.
I just switched to PSF's moisture balancing moisturiser and am really liking what this is doing for clearing my nose and chin but it is causing dryness on my cheeks, lower jawline and I am even getting some peeling around the edges of my nose where it meets my cheeks.
I did try adding some dermalogica hydrating booster to my cheeks area in combination with the moisturiser but it has only been three times so I am yet to see if this works. It is getting towards winter here in Australia so maybe the PSF moisturiser would be better in summer....

I wondered if any combo skins out there use two different moisturisers for each part of their face (or is that a no no)?
or what moisturiser you use that works for both oil and dry areas or am I seeking a product that doesn't exist?
The other weird thing is that I do not usually get any spots on my cheeks but am getting a couple of tiny ones - yet my skin is still very dry.
I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do - I really wanted to like the PSF moisturiser.
Help please?? Sad
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
Try Md Forte, it may work for your skin

Please explain why you like this product. It helps us when members go into more detail regarding the products they have used.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
sal-star wrote:
I was using Pevonia's combination skin cream and I found it great on the whole but wanted a moisturiser that would help with clogged pores around the nose and breakouts on the chin area.
I just switched to PSF's moisture balancing moisturiser and am really liking what this is doing for clearing my nose and chin but it is causing dryness on my cheeks, lower jawline and I am even getting some peeling around the edges of my nose where it meets my cheeks.
I did try adding some dermalogica hydrating booster to my cheeks area in combination with the moisturiser but it has only been three times so I am yet to see if this works. It is getting towards winter here in Australia so maybe the PSF moisturiser would be better in summer....

I wondered if any combo skins out there use two different moisturisers for each part of their face (or is that a no no)?
or what moisturiser you use that works for both oil and dry areas or am I seeking a product that doesn't exist?
The other weird thing is that I do not usually get any spots on my cheeks but am getting a couple of tiny ones - yet my skin is still very dry.
I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do - I really wanted to like the PSF moisturiser.
Help please?? Sad

Could you tell me in what kind of climate you are stay at? Because winter and summer may have different creams to try, here are some tips for my skin treatment.

1. a paper mask plus a hydrating toner or hydrosol is a very good way to hydrate skin without putting some more oil.

2. a good, hydrating toner can make your skin produce less oil immediately after cleaning.

3.The best summer time cream I ever tried is Orlane hydro mattifying cream. I have no oil with it and no blemishes came out, and my skin is hydrated. (this is what you want.)

4. If you skin is strong enough, try to use glycolic acid. BUt there are many precautions for it. (This is for acne)

Make sure you supply your skin with enough moisture so you won't get break-outs at cheeks, and less oil (you have to supply some oil for your cheeks) .

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi januarui,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am live in a dry climate in Australia. We are coming into winter shortly.....any further suggestions you may have would be fantastic Smile
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:13 am      Reply with quote
sal-star wrote:
Hi januarui,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am live in a dry climate in Australia. We are coming into winter shortly.....any further suggestions you may have would be fantastic Smile

Hi, I think for a cold winter, you can use whatever thick cream to keep your skin hydrated. I mean the creams usually dry skin type will use.

For a warm winter, then you need something a little fresh. I guess adding a hydrating serum might be a good idea.

It is very hard for me to find some non-acne-causing thick creams, so I usually buy some expensive ones, which I guess is not a good idea.

THe hydrating serum, hmm, I guess Rose essential oil might be a good choice, or you can try Decleor\pevonia's products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:03 am      Reply with quote
If you have combination skin the best thing would be to apply moisturizer to the dry parts of your skin, and nothing or some other form of treatment to the oily parts of your skin.

Any form of moisturizer will just exascerbate the oily parts of your skin.

Moisturizer doesn't need to be used over your entire face and you shouldn't feel like you need to Smile
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
If you have combination skin the best thing would be to apply moisturizer to the dry parts of your skin, and nothing or some other form of treatment to the oily parts of your skin.

Any form of moisturizer will just exascerbate the oily parts of your skin.

Moisturizer doesn't need to be used over your entire face and you shouldn't feel like you need to Smile

I think it depends, some people's oily region is lack of water. It is oily because it wants to hold more water. So if you simply supply hydration product to the oily part, you can reduce the oil. Besides, when your skin is oily, sometimes the skin just wants some oil there, so you also need to supply limited amount of oil to the oily region. I guess a light weight moisture might be OK. Or you can bring a mist to hydrate your skin several times during the day.

Don't try to control the oil, it only makes more oil after the controling time is over.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you could keep can using the PSF moisturizer as it is working for you in certain areas. For the areas that continue to be dry, perhaps add an oil or oil blend under the PSF cream.

For instance, I have dry skin and like both Decleor's Angelique Aromessence oil blend (for dry skin) and Neroli blend (for normal/combo skin). Caudalie also makes nice oil blends for similar usage. I have their one for dry skin called Caudalie Moisturizing Concentrate.

I myself spray some Avene thermal water or some other toner/mist, and then use the oil blend. This helps lock in the moisture of the spray and also reduces the amount of oil I need to use because the water helps the oils spread. If I need more moisturizing and /or an increased skin barrier (in drier or colder weather), I then do use a cream over the oil.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I have searched far and wide (and deep into my pockets) for the perfect combination skin moisturiser. It's very hard - also because my combination skin can vary depending on the weather (humidity, heat, coldness) - I landed on Osea and their Atmosphere Protection Cream (I have just ordered the heavier Advanced Protection Cream...).

During the evening when the weather cools down, I really like using the Decleor essential balm. During summer, I use nothing except a nice toner (Suki/Yonka).

Unfortunately, some combination skin moisturisers just didn't work for me and it is a question of trial and (expensive) error ...

Good luck!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I like eminence grapefruit gel for the summer and Clarins Multi-Active Jour - Line-Prevention Day Cream for the winter.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all of the tips Smile
I also got a reply from PSF and they were very helpful. I was using too much of the Papaya cleansing gel so that was stripping my skin more than the moisturiser could add it back. I am going to try using 1/4 as much gel and am also temporarily adding the dermalogica hydrating booster to my dry areas as well as the PSF moisturiser.
If that doesn't work I will look into some of the great suggestions you all have given...
Thanks again.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |