Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Green tea & the effects on your skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently gotten into drinking tea everyday. I've heard a lot of great things about green tea being a good anti-oxidant, helping with your metabolism, and other health benifits. I recently went to a tea shop and was over whelmed with all the different types of teas they have. Under green tea's they have like 20 different types of green tea, so i went ahead and bought myself 50 grams of a tea called 'jasmin pearl'.
Are there any tea drinkers out there in this forum? Have you seen any improvement in your skin by drinking green tea?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:15 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure about brands of green tea but if you start drinking it at this young age your whole body not only your skin will benefit. I just have two cups a day and my skin is really clear I would drink more but I hate the taste.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I am recently acquired a taste for tea. I started with green tea bags. After tasting a few loose teas I am hooked. Right now I am having a cup of Harney & Sons Bangkok Green. If you go to Harney & Sons site you can view a description of all their tea. I found this brand as we have a local tea and pastry shop in the town I live.

Recently one of my forum friends introduced me to DHC's Premium Green Tea Powder. The powder is finely ground green tea. It is packaged in individual pouches. I keep a few in my purse when I need a pick me up during the day.

What got me into drinking tea was a recent Eminence Organics purchase from EDS. Eminence is offering a few lovely green teas free with purchase. Eminence teas are expensive but a real treat or gift.

Here is a good thread on tea:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24888&highlight=tea

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm a tea snob, so I apologize ahead of time. Brands really do matter. Some brands add flavorings and scents that are bad for you (just like skincare companies do), or use old tea that is breaking down, or tea blends that are not made with the best stuff. The type of tea matters too. Loose leaf and whole leaf are best, bags with lots of powder are worse--it's a sign the tea is breaking down; powder is generally a bad sign. But I'm not sure about that powder tea that someone else posted about.

Some of my favorite teabag brands are by Tazo (especially China Green Tips) and Yogi (I LOVE Rejuvenation, but I cannot stand the taste Energy). I order Tazo and Yogi from Vitacost.com (great prices). My favorite loose leaf teas are from Mountain Rose Herbs.

If you do not like the taste of green tea but like the taste of black tea, you can still get the benefits of green by mixing with black tea. I love a brew made with Tazo's Awake black tea and Tazo's China Green Tips.

Also, green tea makes a nice mister/toner. You can combine with lavender or rose water or some other hydrosol if you want. Add the tea to a spray bottle and mist your face and skin once or twice a day. Feels wonderful...

Lola Moroney wrote:
I am not sure about brands of green tea but if you start drinking it at this young age your whole body not only your skin will benefit. I just have two cups a day and my skin is really clear I would drink more but I hate the taste.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I used to drink a lot of green tea and have been meaning to get back into it. I agree that you definitely can feel and see the benefits it gives your body if you drink it often enough.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Question: Can you ever drink too much Green Tea? Reason I ask is I was a coffee drinker. Since drinking tea I do not crave coffee. However, I have been drinking 6 cups of green tea a day. Certainly it is better then the large amounts of caffeine I was putting into my body. Since I quit smoking 18 months ago I find coffee just reminds me of my cigarette breaks. Bad Grin

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:

Also, green tea makes a nice mister/toner. You can combine with lavender or rose water or some other hydrosol if you want. Add the tea to a spray bottle and mist your face and skin once or twice a day. Feels wonderful...

I do this too! It’s a great mist to set my MMU. Also, when applying oils, emu/kukui/avocado/or whatever, I put the oil in the palm of my hand and give it a few sprays of green tea and it seems to spread/absorb more easily. Love my green tea mist!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I am a coffee drinker but I'm dinking green tea every day (many different brands most mentioned in the other thread here I'm not expert but I do not see all that much tatse difference).

I saw a study from Technion (very reputable group) that says drinking a cup or two of green tea protects your skin from sun damage (measured by skin biopsies and inflammatory factors after the sun exposure). This seemed almost impossible to me but I've been upping my green tea consumption ever since I've read it (and I take iced green tea cooler to the beach with me).

It is simple, healthy in other ways and easy to do so worth a try.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Question: Can you ever drink too much Green Tea? Reason I ask is I was a coffee drinker. Since drinking tea I do not crave coffee. However, I have been drinking 6 cups of green tea a day. Certainly it is better then the large amounts of caffeine I was putting into my body. Since I quit smoking 18 months ago I find coffee just reminds me of my cigarette breaks. Bad Grin

Personally speaking I don't think there's too much as too much green tea. It doesn't have nearly as much caffeine as coffee does, so I say go for it! I always drink several glasses a day and it has never done me wrong. BTW Winnie--- how do you like the DHC powdered green tea?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I have been drinking green tea all my life since childhood, having 6-8 cups every day. Pretty much all my liquid intake is as green tea, I was drinking green tea long before it got popular in US and when loose green tea was available only in oriental and middle eastern stores.

I agree that loose tea is preferable, and it is good to have them as whole dried leaves. It is easy to use coffee maker to make tea out of loose leaves. Put loose leaves directly into the pot instead of coffee compartment, start coffee maker, and let it sit. All the leaves as a result will sink to the bottom of the pot, and it will be easier not to get the leaves into a cup while pouring the tea.

Jasmine Pearls is absolutely great tea, one of my favorites, it is expensive, but worth the money. I used to like Tazo teas, and it tastes good when freshly brewed, the problem I have with Tazo that it tastes terrible after it sits for a while, and it should not happen to green teas. Unlike black teas, green teas should get better with time, and more beneficial after they sit for a while (note it is not applicable to black teas). For example green tea should be great the next day after it was brewed. Tazo does not stand this test, that tells me that Tazo is not quite right green tea. There are lots of great teas, another tea I like is Ti Kuan Yin, it does not have any flavorings to it, just green tea
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I have a variety of green tea, that is all I drink all day at work, then at night, I'm on water.................great antioxidants, not sure if it helps my skin.............. Rolling Eyes
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I love green tea, but have recently become concerned at the high levels of fluoride found in some....
http://poisonfluoride.com/pfpc/html/green_tea___.html
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:41 am      Reply with quote
I like green tea too and I also find it settles my stomach.
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
WELL THAT SITE IS KIND OF SCARY, I DRINK TEA ALL DAY...................
happylydia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Green tea is the best! it helps to clean the toxic in ur body.. and they have alot of vitamins in it as well! perfect for the body..
but jst try not to drink it during period time.. cuz it will reduce the iron from you body.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I drink green and white tea daily, I usually have 1 or 2 cup's of each. I have not noticed any skin benefits from it though.
polylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I have now decided to purchase some green tea due to all your good comments. Thankyou

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:45 am      Reply with quote
After reading this link, Dahli, I have spent the morning researching fluoride and its links to hypothyroidism. This is truly scary stuff.

Dahli wrote:
I love green tea, but have recently become concerned at the high levels of fluoride found in some....
http://poisonfluoride.com/pfpc/html/green_tea___.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I know Jeannine, it is so hard to figure out what to do with some of these issues...
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
There is a product by Murad that is supposed to equal the equivalent to several (like 30 or above) cups of green tea a day.

I don't recall how many cups but..many. This is supposed to give your skin the anti-ox. benefit in one dropper. You can put it in juice and so on..
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
OK I looked it up and one dropper equals 15 cups of green tea (polyplenols).

I have the new blueberry one and I put it in OJ.

Read about this in Allure if I remember correctly and just got it....it's easy to do..
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
That site IS scary. I'm asian and we drink teas all the time. If it was so bad there wouldn't be that many of us around.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
babymax24 wrote:
There is a product by Murad that is supposed to equal the equivalent to several (like 30 or above) cups of green tea a day.

I don't recall how many cups but..many. This is supposed to give your skin the anti-ox. benefit in one dropper. You can put it in juice and so on..

You can get similar products at your health food store probably at a lower price than the Murad...

Check out this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30084

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
my mistake it is Dr Brandt's blueberry..I like it, got it on ebay cheaper ..too early to tell anything...
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I don't think much of the fuoride scare. It is not supported by large studies of populations with and without fluoridated water AND Asians in Asia get much less cancer than we do (and drink much more tea).

I think our junk food diets are much more dangerous.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |