Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

1 or 2 Tubes of Clear for 18 weeks?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Hello Obagi Users,

To complete the Obagi Nu-Derm Regimen for 18 weeks means 126 days. A tube of Obagi Clear is 57 grams. If you use 1 gram for both day and night, that's an equivalent to 57 days. So, you still have 69 days to go?

So, did you used 1 or 2 tubes of Obagi Clear for the 18 weeks regimen?

I need to know if I have to reorder or not.

Thanks in advance.
RockingRobin
5% products discount

Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mely - how are you doing? I'm almost at the end of my 3rd week and I'm not peeling anywhere near as badly - that's definitely a good thing!

Since you will be ordering the Clear, I would say go ahead and get another - that way, you won't have any downtime waiting for it to arrive. You'll still need it for maintenance anyway.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, when I was doing obagi, the nurse told me if I was not going through 1 bottle of clear every 6 weeks, I was not using enough - so that would be 3 bottles of clear for the 18 weeks.
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Actually, when I was doing obagi, the nurse told me if I was not going through 1 bottle of clear every 6 weeks, I was not using enough - so that would be 3 bottles of clear for the 18 weeks.

I am on my 8th week and I am still using the first batch of obagi that I ordered, and I think I am using the correct amount (tip of little finger to the bend).

Should I increase the amount?
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:18 am      Reply with quote
lifecoach, that is the amount I used based on the instructions given and I didn't go through one bottle in 6 weeks. I don't think you should be using more than you currently do. I noticed that when you buy the products from dermatologists they push using more so that you can buy more. I bought mine thru EDS, so when I run out I just reorder, no pressure. I did have to buy a 2nd one, but that has lasted thru the maintainance.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Lifecoach, you are using 1/2 gram if you are using from tip of finger to the 1st bend. 1 gram is from tip of finger to 2nd bend OR the entire word OBAGI spelled out on the bottle. If you are getting good results, keep on doing what you are doing, but the correct amount of the clear is 1 gram twice a day. So, if you notice your results aren't what you think they should be, you could try to up your clear to the correct amount.
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, would you say that if my results have slowed somewhat (I'm on my 8th week) and I want more, then I should use 1gram on all of my products not just clear?

As I am dark skinned, I use clear in the morning and then I just put it on the darker areas of skin at night.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
No, lifecoach. The exfoderm is only supposed to be 1/2 gram per day, as well as only 1/2 gram for the blender per day. But, if you are not using 1 gram of RA per night mixed with 1/2 gram of Blender, then you could up your RA to the 1 gram. Hope that makes sense!
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl

So I will:

Up my level of RA to 1gram a night
Up my level of clear to 1 gram in the morning
keep it to 1/2 gram at night as i am only putting it on the darker areas.

I have asked this before, but do you know why my face peels more the next day when I do not put the RA on the night before?

Thank you Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
No, sorry, I really don't know why. You skin may need a few days to start peeling, and it could just be a coincidence? Very Happy
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I am doing good, thanks for asking, RockingRobin. Good to hear that ur doing ok. I am on my 18th days on Obagi and I am not that red anymore and have very little peelings on my chin and around mouth areas. My pores are smaller and skin tone better. Hoping for the best to come.

Thank u ladies for ur feedback. I am just using 1/2 gram of the Clear every time. I might just wait until I am on my 6th to 8th week and see how things goes. Because if I want to reorder, I want the whole kit instead of just the Clear.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |