Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Payot Optimale Gel Nettoyage Profound Deep Cleansing Gel (150 ml / 5 floz) Carita Progressif Perfect Cream for Body New Generation Complete Care (200 ml / 6.7 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Resurfacing Kit (4 items)
P-Shine naill buffing system

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I used this product in the 70's and just loved it. I bought it at a local department store but when I went back a few months later to get another one they no longer sold it. I have never seen the product since. I recently tried finding it on the internet and could only find one company in the US. This company only takes checks so I am hesitant to order. If they took paypal I would order it ASAP.

This is a great product for those that like natural nails. If gives the most beautiful shine. It comes with 2 buffers and a cream and powder.

P-Shine is a product from Japan. Has anyone used it? Would love to find it in the US that can be ordered thru the internet.

Here's the company in the US, checks only so you have to mail it in and hope you get it.

www.p-shine.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know the particular system you are referring to. It sounds a bit similar to the system from Nailbuffs by Taras which consists of a buffing cream and a chamois buffer.

I have ordered it and am waiting for it to arrive.

Here's a link:

http://nailbuffs.com/products.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer natural looking nails. I'd be interested in this product but, like you, prefer using PayPal.

In the meantime, when I put anything on, I used Orly nail polish for men (matte finish). Or Neutrogena's Instant Nail Enhancer (comes in buffed sheen and pearl sheen). I do like the pearl sheen one and like that it doesn't smell and is easy to apply (I used to apply it on the train as it doesn't smell, people don't really notice / "know" what I'm doing). Sally Hansen has come out with a similar product called Sally Hansen Natural Shine Instant Nail Finish that I haven't used but here's a comparison by reviewer Mari Johnson,:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/161903/neutrogena_instant_nail_enhancer_vs.html

Quote:
Neutrogena Instant Nail Enhancer 0.2oz $7.79
Neutrogena's Instant Nail Enhancer gives nails a beautiful, healthy look. It also strengthens nails with Vitamin E and Provitamin B5 and lets nails breathe and they claim it's clinically proven to reduce nail peeling, chipping, and roughness. It's available in Buffed Sheen (most natural) and Pearl Sheen (just a tiny bit glamorous).

This product has been out awhile and though it offers barely a glisten on my nails once it's dry - it doesn't need remover and it doesn't smell like nail polish. It just doesn't have much oomph and I have to reapply constantly. However, it is a product I highly recommend for men who have a hard time keeping their nails looking nice. It doesn't have the strong chemical smell and it's very easy to use. It's also completely harmless looking if left out on one's desk.

The new Sally Hansen Natural Shine Instant Nail Finish ($6.99 for .4oz) seemed more promising, but it comes with its own down side. This product does smell like nail polish and it does require remover to get it off. It does, however, look much better on and it lasts much longer between applications. The telltale nail polish smell dissipates very quickly as it dries in seconds. It also touts Vitamin E, Pro-Vitamin B5, Sea Minerals, Calcium, Magnesium and white tea extract.

Since the Sally Hansen one lasts longer, I AM going to try that next!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
I don't know the particular system you are referring to. It sounds a bit similar to the system from Nailbuffs by Taras which consists of a buffing cream and a chamois buffer.

Here's a link:

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:

Here's a link:

I have no idea where my post went.

The product that you ordered is similiar. P-Shine had a paste and a powder though. Gave the most beautiful pink color to the nail.

I am hoping someone from Japan will see this topic and make a post if they use it. I was surprised to find it on the internet because it's been just about 30 years ago that I used it. From the pictures of the US site it's still packaged the same.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I posted a question re buffing cream on the French Manicure thread in the DIY forum, but got no reply, so this is realy interesting...

Please let us know if you found a store/site that sells it and accepts credit cards.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Nailbuffs.com (I posted the link above) sells buffing cream and a special buffer. They accept pay pal and credit cards. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
this is exactly what i've used before... I couldnt find any place that sells the buffers anymore... that's y I stopped using them.

nailbuffs looks cool... but pretty expensive!! (i remember i got mine... yrs ago, for only a few dollars)
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 3:25 am      Reply with quote
I got the Nailbuffs essential kit one week ago. The kit includes: Nail Therapy Natural Buffing Formula (buffing cream), Chamois Buffer, Micro-Smoother, Snow-Stone and a nail brush.

Firstly said, I didn't care for the snow-stone nail file, as I much prefer a glass nail file from the drug store.

You're supposed to use the Micro-Smoother twice monthly to clarify and exfoliate nail surfaces by removing ridges and yellowing. It works very well and is similar to the nail buffs you find in drug stores.

The star products in this system are the buffing cream with essential oils and the chamois buffer. The cream should be applied in a thin, light stroke on the surface of each nail. Then you grip the chamois buffer and buff briskly from side to side across the surface of nails. To buff the sides of nails, you'll need to angle the buffer into the sides of nails and buff.

The directions tell you to use Nailbuffs Natural Buffing Formula a minimum of twice a week to maintain the crucial oil/moisture balance within the structure of your nails. If you wish, you might buff daily.

I've been buffing my nails twice the past week and have to say it gives them a remarkable high shine that I've not achieved with drugstore buffers. I buffed my toenails one week ago, as well, and still they have a great shine. I reckon I can have shiny toenails by buffing only twice a month, as feet are far less exposed to water and detergents than hands.

I will undoubtedly repurchase the buffing cream and chamois buffer.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Payot Design Ultra Lift Remodelling Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) B Kamins Clear Control Purifying Masque (120 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Resurfacing Kit (4 items)