Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Removing Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've been having a very difficult time lately removing my mascara 100%. I don't even use a waterproof formula. No matter what method I use, I always end up with little clumps of dry mascara between the roots of my lashes. I am trying to find a way to remove it completely, but gently. I have been losing a lot of lashes recently and really irritating my eyes attempting to get all of those little clumps out.
I usually just use a foaming cleanser to remove it - this actually seems to do the best job, but I still end up with clumps in my roots and have to go back and clean up the rest with a Q-tip dipped in eye makeup remover. I have tried using my OCM oil, and most recently, cold cream that I rubbed in well and tissued off. The problem is that mascara is applied to the underside of the lashes, and it seems like whatever cleansing method I'm using only cleans the topside. I think that's the reason the foaming cleanser works best, because it gets more down into the lashes.

I don't know why, but it seems like this is only a recent problem for me, getting the dried clumps in my roots. What do you guys do to remove your mascara completely, yet gently?

Maybe it's my application method in the first place.. Confused I do wiggle the wand in at the lash base to make sure the lashes are coated from root to tip. I just feel like I'm doing something wrong! Neutral
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nymue, I have the same problem, too. What I have found to be effective is good ol' L'Oreal's Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (the cheaper version of the one made by Lancome). It seems to be the only EMR that doesn't sting my eyes yet does the job of cleaning all traces of mascara effectively. I use a cotton pad soaked in it, wipe off my eyemakeup, then open my eyes, look up and wipe the underside of the lashes. Then I OCM or foam cleanse or whathaveyou.

I also like Dermalogica EMR, but L'Oreal is much more cost effective, since I use mascara and eyemakeup a lot. HTH some!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor Eye Makeup Remover is lovely. I rarely wear eye makeup. I use Blinc Kiss Me Mascara which comes off easily. On those occasions when I use eye makeup Decleor is awesome.

Quote:
Description:
This liquid gel from Decléor contains essential oils and waters of Cornflower, Orange Blossom and Camomile to soothe and decongest the eyes while simultaneously removing make-up, including waterproof mascara. The cool, fresh gel feels lovely on the skin and swiftly cleanses all traces of make-up in a flash.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, I once received a sample of the Decleor EMR and I must second your rec though I don't use it myself!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Which mascara r u ladies using? I'm using Maybelline mascara and it came off easily with just water.... It doesn't really smudge and it's cheap too!! good stuff!
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Plain jojoba oil works wonders for me - and I wear waterproof mascara.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Maybelline oil-free remover pads are great. And Cheap!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I have used very water resistant eyeshadow bases and mascaras and never had any issues with removal when I use a cleansing oil. I couldn't imagine using a pure oil or foaming cleanser around my eyes. You can also try a cold cream or cream cleanser which work very well for waterproof anything. A cleansing oil is normally very thin so it will wrap around your lashes, even the underside and dissolve all makeup completely. The cleansing oil will emulsify in water so you don't need a very strong cleanser at all to remove any traces. The trick is to use these oil cleansers while the skin is dry.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I love the Phytomer Face Dew Lotion in taking off any long-wear eye makeup. I wear cream shadows and budge proof waterproof mascara. It leaves no traces behind and is so gentle on the eyes... and smells like faint roses...!

When I'm going cheap, Johnson & Johnson's baby oil with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E takes off waterproof mascara too. Smile
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
You should try Le Roche Posays eye makeup remover its brillant and not much rubbing needed. I do not mean the individual little sachets(for want of a better word)but I mean the bottle that you shake and mix the two ingrediants I just cant think of the correct name as I do not wear mascara anymore due to dry eyes
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Maybelline oil-free remover pads are great. And Cheap!

I second that
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Instead of a foaming cleanser , maybe you should try something more creamy. Vichy Purete Thermale. Its a milk that remove my face and my eye makeup. Its really mild on my eyelids but remove my mascara really well. Use a cotton pad with warm water, put the milk on top and press it gently for a couple of seconds then rub in circular motion. If I have touch ups I use Decleor eye makeup remover with a Q-Tips.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I use waterproof mascara every day, and Burt Bees Baby Apricot Oil does a fabulous job of removing it completely.
I apply a bit of oil on my eyes, gently spread it and let it sit while I brush my teeth. I then take two small cotton balls, wet them with warm (not hot!) water and wipe off the oil of my eyes. Works like a charm Wink .

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
MY HG of eye makeup removers, I've used it for years and years.

Physicians Formula
Alethea
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have used a lot of mascara removers, but my HG are the ones by Yves Rocher (a "green" French brand).

I use a Clinique's mascara right one, the one which dissolves in hot water.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Just try jojoba oil it does great job removing makeup.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:36 am      Reply with quote
every time i use maybelline makeup remover for eye and lips to remove the mascara, my skin around both eyes swollen like allergy!
jess55
5% products discount

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I think that this is a problem that every woman can relate to Wink
Most makeup removers that I have tried have not successfully removed my mascara 100%. On the advice of my cosmetics teacher, I bought Hydropholic Oil. You can use it as a cleanser and makeup remover in one. It works wonders.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
For removing any mascara (wp or not), I like MAC Cleanse-off oil. Otherwise, I can recommend TBS eyemakeupremover gel/cream, which is very nice. Some high-end ones that I really like, are YSL Instant Pur (I think it's called, it's their dual-phased product, at least), and the dual-phase remover by Biotherm.

Stay away from the remover from Bare Escentuals, Bare Eyes. It stings like hell, but is very efficient, which makes me suspect that they are selling actual paint stripper masked as eyemakeup remover. Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I wear mascara every day, i use La Roche Posays eye makeup remover and i have never had any problems. Also i think you should use light products designed for the eye area because the skin around the eye is the thinnest (and your neck) and very delicate and needs to be treated with care. No harsh rubbing, no harsh ingredients etc.

5% products discount

Sun May 04, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor Huile Demaquillante Cleansing Oil is great
mimi57
5% products discount

Sun May 04, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:
For removing any mascara (wp or not), I like MAC Cleanse-off oil. Otherwise, I can recommend TBS eyemakeupremover gel/cream, which is very nice. Some high-end ones that I really like, are YSL Instant Pur (I think it's called, it's their dual-phased product, at least), and the dual-phase remover by Biotherm.

Stay away from the remover from Bare Escentuals, Bare Eyes. It stings like hell, but is very efficient, which makes me suspect that they are selling actual paint stripper masked as eyemakeup remover. Bad Grin

Omgosh, BE's duo phase burns my eyes too..yet it is effective and not too greasy after rinsing off.
I try everything and love Chanel's duo phase hardly a bit of residue no burn so effective but too pricey for something you use a lot of.
SO I discovered Sephora's duo phase it is non stinging not greasy after rinsing off
and cheaper ..not greasy like Lancome or Clinique's both which I used but too greasy or a residue post rinsing my face/eyes there's no turning back..Sephora is awesome!!
It comes in both the regular or duo phase.
I must say to the original poster, soak the cotton ball or 'pad'..shiseido's cotton pad squares remove eye m/u better and you save on remover too [another winner and awsome product].
Let the moist cotton sit on your lashes a minute it breaks it down better.
But duo phase is best b/c it emulsifies the mascara and do try the cotton squares no fuzz and soft Smile love them.
Brenda Z
5% products discount

Sun May 04, 2008 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Nymue I had the same problem with eye makeup remover. I was tired of all the oily solutions that would make my eyes all blurry after wards and was tired of seeing tons if lashes falling out . I had tried everything out there.

I finally tried MAC pro makeup remover. I would wash my face and get my eyelashes wet, then I would squirt some eye remover solution on each eye and saturate lashes and then let it sit for about a minute while I brushed my teeth. Then I would lightly rub them and splash some water on eyelashes and all the mascara would be gone. Well unfortuatly MAC reformulated there eye makeup remover line and its not the same anymore. I knew that Kohls carried the same MAC makeup under a diffrent name called Flirt. So I went to Kohls and compared the old ingrediants of MAC Pro eye makeup remover to Flirts "See ya makeup remover" and it was exactly the same ingrediants.
Its the only kind I can use I hope they dont discontinue it! Just to mention to I also use Revitalash which has made my lashes so long everyone thinks they are false. And no more loosing eyelashes anymore! Yeah!!
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Brenda I am so excited about the Flirt line being made by the same people that make MAC. I love MAC , and actually have a MAC store at the mall, along with a BE store, and Sephora. This usually gets me in a lot of trouble, because I go in to get one thing and then end up buying way to much. But Kohls is so much cheaper and they always have sales. Its worth giving it a try, I am going to try out the makeup remover and possibly, some of their mousse blushes and eyeshadows. I hope they are comparable.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
khalie wrote:
Decleor Huile Demaquillante Cleansing Oil is great

I vote for this one too!! very good!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |