Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Permanent Eye Liner/Lash Enhancement
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
So.....I woke up this morning and realized I hadnt washed all my makeup off from last night (I was EXHAUSTED)and I noticed that some of my eyeliner-just a very thin line- had stayed on my upper lid. I have to say that it looked wonderful on my morning face! Laughing So that got me to thinking about permanent eyeliner. Dont get me wrong-Ive thought about it before for my poor eyes that are non-existent without makeup. Im growing out my lashes right now with Folligen cream and emu oil, which has helped, but I was wondering if anyone in Missouri on here has had it done and loves the results. Also, to make my lashes look more dense I was thinking about lash enhancement. As I understand it's where they put the pigment in between your lashes. Maybe Ill just get that....or would that look weird? Help! Anyone who has had this done please give me your input. Thanks!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
They say that putting tiny spots of eyeliner between the lashes works wonders from a lining standpoint, so it makes since that enhancing your lash line (I guess that means tattooing??) make sense. But I think I would shoot for the actual lashes first.

You and I have discussed Revitalash in the past, and there are some concerns about the contents of the old forumulas. However, you might want to check out some of the newer formulations before you go that route. I also just saw a good review on DermaLash on the Truth in Aging blog, and it is made from plant extracts.

And if you do go with the tattooing, please make sure you go with someone VERY experienced!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I had permanent eyeliner and eyebrows done more than ten years ago. PAINFUL! But then again, I'm such a woos when it comes to pain. I loved the results, though. It fades overtime, but I can still see them. More "natural" now after all these years.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:57 am      Reply with quote
My mum had both upper and lower eyelids lined permanently almost 15 years ago and it has faded about 50%, although I'm sure the technique and choices are more refined now. I would not get anything permanent, it takes the fun out of applying makeup - what if the tattoo covered the entire lashline and you couldn't create a very natural wing tip or cat eye?

I have read of lash transplants/implants where they implant individual head hair follicles into the lashline but the only downside is that the hair continues to grow and must be trimmed. I would think that the head hair follicle would be too thick to look nice for the eyes. The surgery is quite inchoate and costs around $8-10k, only a rare few surgeons know the technique.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:30 am      Reply with quote
What you are talking about is called a lash enhancement, when they just put dots of liner in the lash line to define the eye. This is what I started with, top and bottom and I LOVE it, gradually going a little heavier. It is wonderful waking up with eyes! I looked terrible without any eye makeup. Yes, it does fade over time, especially if you use Retin A. I didn't find it painful, but it does feel weird. My eyes were most irritated by the numbing agent she applied. I highly recommend it--just make sure you go to a really good artist.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
What you are talking about is called a lash enhancement, when they just put dots of liner in the lash line to define the eye. This is what I started with, top and bottom and I LOVE it, gradually going a little heavier. It is wonderful waking up with eyes! I looked terrible without any eye makeup. Yes, it does fade over time, especially if you use Retin A. I didn't find it painful, but it does feel weird. My eyes were most irritated by the numbing agent she applied. I highly recommend it--just make sure you go to a really good artist.

Yes! This is what I want! I was also thinking (like miranets) that a line along the upper lid might be something that would make my eyes less versatile, but the lash enhancement sounds perfect for what I want to do. Do you have a pic of what yours looks like without any other makeup on?

Also-Im wondering what I should be looking for in a technician. I know experience and before and after pics are some things I should look for, but what else should they have in order to be trusted with a needle close to my eye! Im in Missouri as I had mentioned before, and I dont know if any of you live here and have had it done here or somewhere else close.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I do not have any before and after photo's but there are some on my Makeup Artist's website.
She is FABULOUS but of course, nowhere near Missouri. By the way, they cannot put liner on the inner lid...I actually wanted that too since I have one lower lid that is more exposed than another and that slightly changes the size of my eyes. She got close, but wouldn't do the inside. Anyway, I went to DAWN COLORS. Go to her website, click on PHOTO's and scroll down to the photo of LASH ENHANCEMENT.
http://www.dawncolors.com/photos.html
If you find someone, make sure to ask to see some photo's of their work. Also, tell them to be very conservative and go back and get it darker or heavier a little at a time. I was very paranoid about having too bold of a line, so that's what I did, altho' it cost more to do that. oh yeah....I also brought my eyeliner pencil so she could see the color I like and she matched it perfectly.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
MAHARANI
5% products discount

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
It's funny that this topic should come up now, as I was only thinking yesterday that I wanted to have this procedure done. I am concerned about the eyeliner that I wear on a daily basis. I know once, when I was having problems with my eyes that the optician mentioned that maybe it was some of the eyeliner getting into the back of the eye.

Just curious as to how long it took to heal. I wear make up every day and want to know the down time.

I have had permanent lip colour done which was incredibly painful but well worth the effort, as I loved the final results.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I think it was supposed to be a week before you start wearing eye makeup again, but I never waited that long. I would buy a fresh tube of mascara and 3 or so days later start wearing it that. I did forgo the eye shadow for week though.

charlibets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
[quote="mountaingirl"]By the way, they cannot put liner on the inner lid...I actually wanted that too since I have one lower lid that is more exposed than another and that slightly changes the size of my eyes. She got close, but wouldn't do the inside. [quote]

A friend of mine had this done - on the inner edge of the lid, top and bottom. It was done by a nurse and looks great. I like the look of it and it still allows for doing a liner on the lid when you want that effect. She had it done on a Friday and her eyes looked fine by Monday.

Betsy
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in the "enhancement" versus the line. I am so fair that my eyes need eye makeup.

I once had my lashes dyed too. But I didn't feel that having it done professionally" was worth the price - it didn't make that much a difference - I still needed to wear mascara and it doesn't last that long. Maybe the dyes have improved as this was a long time ago (more than 10 years ago) but my eyes also were irritated from it.

My pain tolerance is pretty high so I think I would prefer without anesthetic if possible (unless it's really necessary). I've found that I have a worse reaction to anesthetics (for instance, Novacaine at the dentist, etc.) than to the actual pain... so I try to avoid it.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think it would be possible to do it without the topical anaesthetic cos it does hurt. I have a pretty high pain threshold but this was pretty bad even with the anaesthesia.

Maybe you could discus it with the practitioner and see what they suggest is possible.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am fascinated knowing the inner lid was done. The lady who did mine said that was a
no-no and is never done because it increases dryness in the eye, and some other reason I can't remember. DANG! I would have loved to have mine done that way!

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Angelwings - you can buy permanent eyelash dye (needs to be done every 6 weeks as eyelashes fall out). I get a blue/black color from a New Zealand company. It makes your eyes stand out and probably a lot cheaper than tatooing - If interested let me know.

Sis
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Angelwings - you can buy permanent eyelash dye (needs to be done every 6 weeks as eyelashes fall out). I get a blue/black color from a New Zealand company. It makes your eyes stand out and probably a lot cheaper than tatooing - If interested let me know.

Sis

Thank you love! Actually I was considering that as an option. I lined my top lid really close to the lash line last night and I think that I decided that maybe I didnt want to look like that ALL the time. Although I did like the way it looked, permanent is kinda a scary thing to me when it comes to my looks. (Unless its eye cream and anti wrinkle cream of course! lol) So Im thinking Im gonna get the 1000 hour lash tint and see if that satisfies my current eye liner fascination. Im growing my lashes out right now so maybe thatll help too. Which dye do you use?
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
um. i suggest that you dont.
when you get older.
the pigments kind of like spread out because of your sagging skin.
and it looks like a mess later.
kind of like an old tattoo.
its not particularly attractive.
and the color turns kind of greenish.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had my eyes done about 10 or 15 years ago. I loved it at the time and although Azumma has described my situation too,except mine have faded to a blue.
Having it done again is right up there on my "when I have enough extra money" list.

Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |